• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Ethnobotanicals Mushrooms whilst on Codeine

drugs_are_fun

Greenlighter
Hi all,

I'm wondering if taking 60mg of codeine phosphate on the morning of my trip will reduce the effectiveness of mushrooms enough to warrant increasing the dosage by some percentage? First time on shrooms but I absolutely love LSD (The good and the 'bad' trips) and have taken truffles once in Amsterdam

Also, does anyone have some advice that helped them reduce their use of opiates? I've never taken them prior to 8 months ago when I was prescribed them following a fairly significant injury. Started on 15mg oxycodone, since been prescribed zapain 30/500 for the past 4-5 months. Whenever I've tried to half the dose (1 tablet in the morning and evening as opposed to 2) I've been waking up in cold sweats, sweating all day and feeling like somethings truly wrong, almost like a sense of impending doom but nothing like when on psychs. I had similar challenges when I quit smoking weed after 6 odd years but this is considerably more intense🙃 Any advice is much appreciated!

Last edited:
I'm wondering if taking 60mg of codeine phosphate on the morning of my trip will reduce the effectiveness of mushrooms enough to warrant increasing the dosage by some percentage?
No, it's fine, especially if spaced out by 6+ hours. I think opioids and psychedelics mesh very well, one of my best trips was heroin + LSD

some elitist hippie might say something, but those are also the people who choose to fast for 24 hours before a trip

I'm wondering if taking 60mg of codeine phosphate on the morning of my trip will reduce the effectiveness of mushrooms enough to warrant increasing the dosage by some percentage? First time on shrooms but I absolutely love LSD (The good and the 'bad' trips) and have taken truffles once in Amsterdam
I have tripped often during periods of extreme stress or change. If you can handle LSD and have some experience, I think you will be fine.

Set and setting are both very important but if you have experience with psychedelics they can be overcome to some degree. At least the lasting negative effects...

Also, does anyone have some advice that helped them reduce their use of opiates?
this is a topic for a whole other thread on its own

I assume you are from the EU? Otherwise I might suggest kratom

Even if it was heroin, opiates don't interact with psychedelics.
IMO they do, but much much less than benzos

but it's very subjective

they seem to take away the stimulation, which is part of the euphoria for me, but then they replace it with opioid euphoria

it does seem to dull the experience in a slight way

but not like benzos which really do kill the trip

IMO they do, but much much less than benzos

but it's very subjective

they seem to take away the stimulation, which is part of the euphoria for me, but then they replace it with opioid euphoria

it does seem to dull the experience in a slight way

but not like benzos which really do kill the trip
Ohh no, benzos are good to abort mission. I remember dropping acid once when I was on mild wds and I started to experience really bad anxiety by the 4th hr mark. So I took 1.5 mg of Rivotril and SORTED, I started to comedown after 20 mins of taking it(During this time I was benzo naive though, nowadays I'd need a much higher dose: like 4mg probably).Nevertheless, they're useful tools for when you're having a bad trip.👍

opiates don't interact with psychedelics
Thanks for this! big help, I did have a look around and it seems like a contentious subject but now I'll definately keep the dose as planned.
benzos are good to abort mission
Yes definately. Always tripped with a diazepam/xanax in my back pocket and *touch wood* I've never had to take one to end the trip before, for me just knowing that I can pull the plug at any time tends to keep the experience from going too far south.

this is a topic for a whole other thread on its own
I will have a look around for some more info

Thank you both, very much appreciated!:shrooms: