• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Mushrooms Vs Acid

to say that flipping out panicking is ego loss, or substitutes thereof is stupid. humiliating oneself and being in a vulnerable/dependant state is not ego loss.....i would infact argue that being aware of oneself acting like a drugfucked incoherent psyco can be humbling and ego deflating but perhaps a cause to panic is the ego itself feeling powerless and this leads to over awareness of self and state..... that when you are tripping your face off and completely niched is scary... i definately see endlesseulogy's points and he is right in saying that any self revelation/reflection is completely ego infused as thinking that you want to save starving children is a (semi-productive, nicer) ego trip. mother teresa had a big fat ego, seriously, there is no bigger indulgence in this world than thinking that you are virtueous.

Last night i ended up taking 7 acid blotters and i felt asthough i was god himself. A friendly god who knew everything about everyone and knew the answers to all the problems of the world. I felt asthough i could change anything i wanted with the power of my own mind. An acid trip is just a manifestation of your innermost consciousness. Ego dosnt come into play at all, because ego is just a word. There is nothing physical there to loose in the first place. Ego is a self-guided delusion that we have been trained to believe in. Because, ego, sparates us from the rest of nature, but it reality we are the same as every molecule in the whole universe. Carbon based lifeforms. Since we were young our parents and teachers taught us to play a role. If you act out of role you are often critisied for "not being yourself", but what is yourself? Do you really know who you are? Or a you just a product of what you have been taught and conditioned to believe by the nieve and insensitve influences in society? To see you you are, close your eyes, sit in silence and listen. After a point the silence will defen you and you will see there is no ego. The concept of ego dies when you realise u cant loose it because there is nothing there to loose. The delusion of ego (negitive or positive ego) creates difference. Do you think dogs and cats interact with each other with this concept of ego? Ofcourse not.. they just do, without rhyme or reason. They just exist. There is no I... We are animals rnt we? Why should we have an ego while the rest of nature dosnt?

But getting back on topic. If you use mushrooms for purposes of self-discovery, you will see that you are able to sit in one place and meditate for hours at a time and just observe you. Its like sitting in a theatre watching your mind show a masterful epic about what you are. This is the state where the concept of ego is gone. On acid, you are playing a part in the drama.

Last edited:
I pretty much agree with endlesseulogy,

However would like to ad that I think the most memorable times of ego loss i have experienced have come when a trip has been so deeply intense that it shakes the very foundations our selfs exist on. These are those trips that land you with very profound feelings of "the need to rebuild" or perhaps the "i wont be taking drugs for a while" feeling. This can happen after both intensely great/profound trips and also after intensely bad trips. I have experienced this on acid, 2cb, ketamine and in particular mushrooms. I personally have found mushrooms to be the most humbling and yet the most enlightening of all. Mushrooms are the only thing that has been able to strip me of my sanity for one hell of a journey through insanity where everything in my world truly did become the one entity wherein i was "swimming" around my mates apartment under the understanding that i and the other people in the room where simply floating heads, as faces became the only distinguishable objects with the exception of my hat.

This experience truly stripped me of any grip on reality i had for at least 6 hours before i started to bring it back together. That was a high dose of mushies and one amazing experience. The next day i was left rebuilding my ego bit by bit. Lots of fun but i think it will always be a fright to have your ego stripped so suddenly.

Mushies have more power than anything else i have experienced i would say.

As they say in the (crap) movie 'Forgotten' - "..the truth cant fit in your brain!" (i know its not a new concept, i just saw the movie recently :p ). Anyway maybe thats one of the side effects of intelligence - us as intelligent humans can see more of the truth about this world than animals. Of course there is naturally alot of truths, but in this case it is being aware of ego (or whatever word you use for it) resulting in self awareness and self-consciousness. The result is that we act rather than simply exist, as you say animals do.

Who knows what other 'truths' we will come to know or intuit as we grow more intelligent as a species. Once we get the clearance to access all that information above us maybe we wont even give a shite about issues of ego and 'self' (me?), it'll just be too irrelevent. I guess were just gonna have to wait for that password.

Just to be argumentative....;)

I personally use mushrooms with friends to enjoy their company and do stupid stuff (We made the Eifel Tower, a three seater plane, and a bed out of milk crates!). I cant see the point in sitting alone and meditating the point iof life or ego in this case. I think meditation would be much more beneficial if you didnt have all these irrational thoughts clouding your judgement.

Do people prefer to take mushrooms/acid on their own and think or do you prefer to sit around with friends and discuss all the thoughts that enter your head?

fuck in heaven

Sitting in a dark room with the lights off and no music is the best why to see how mushrooms work.. They have been used like this for thousands of years. Mushrooms are a drug i respect highly and if you bothered to research their historical use, you would be pleasantly surprised

EDIT - Source Removed

Last edited by a moderator:
I've said it time and time again, acid + shrooms. It's like they fill up a missing link in each other to create some of the most inspiring psychaedelic visuals around . :D

endlesseulogy said:
Sitting in a dark room with the lights off and no music is the best why to see how mushrooms work.. They have been used like this for thousands of years. Mushrooms are a drug i respect highly and if you bothered to research their historical use, you would be pleasantly surprised

I'm sure they have been. However i'm not one of those users who seek spiritual enlightenment or seek to answer the questions of the universe when i'm taking mushrooms. I prefer to have a good time with friends. religion has never been my friend since i had it banged into me from an early age at school. Not everyone has this philosophical outlook on mushrooms. By the way I do respect the traditions of the mushroom and it is fine for some to embrace those traditions and to try to connect to those who have done it thousands of years before them. But i prefer mine without a side helping of guilt. Everyone takes their drugs differently and hence get different experiences out of it. I was simply asking the question of whether bluelighters prefer your method of taking mushy's or would rather their own ways.

I might just try sitting in a dark room tripping balls if i get the opportunity and see if my experience is anything similar to what you say.

fuck in heaven