• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Mushrooms to help someone suffering from ATN?

Evil0ner

Bluelighter
My mom suffers from ATN (atypical trigemineralga) sp? I She is on heavy amount of opiates to cope with the pains. For those that know of it, it's nerve damage in the brain and cause sever head pains. Some days she can't get out of bed. There are two types of TN, TN (which is sometimes operable) and ATN which is what she has and is not. Not to long I saw a doc on hallucinogens where someone suffered from cluster headaches and by taking shrooms once every two months, he headaches are 100% gone. I want to help her and not see here suffer, she has bunch of other health issues but this is the worst day to day. Do you guys think or know if it would help relive her pain? It kills me to see her hurting and barley out of bed most days due to the pain! Thanks for any help or info you can lend me

Well, since cluster headaches and TN have very similar causes, it might be worth a try.

Cluster headaches are thought to be caused by dilated blood vessels pressing on the trigeminal nerve...the same for TN.

I don't think it would hurt to try. My dad suffers from cluster headaches and I've been trying to talk him into maybe eating some mushrooms, or drinking morning glory tea to see if it would give him any relief, but he isn't very open to the idea of using "illegal" drugs to help cure his headaches. If your mom is open to it, I say give it a shot, and come back to let us know how it goes!

My mom is the same way, but I know there are days she would do anything to make the pain go away. She has never done any kind of illegal drug and doesn't drink so it's hard to talk her into it. It would have to be a very small dose to start with because she isn't used to being in an altered state and of course me walking her through it.

Try offering it as tea. The idea of drinking tea is less intimidating than eating shrooms

Tell her (in a more appropriately worded way) that if she's not prepared to give something a shot in the hopes of relieving her pain when there's evidence to suggest it will be effective, just because it's "illegal", then surely her pain mustn't be all that bad in the first place.

I know how insensitive that sounds, but sometimes the stubborn ignorance of refusing to touch something because some dickwads in suits decided you're not allowed to needs to be broken down with some slightly harsh truths. FWIW this approach has worked for friends of mine to a degree - their ailment isn't even NEARLY as bad, and the solution is only little ol' weed...but they're strongly considering it, more and more each week.

I just had a talk with her tonight about it and this thread I made and your guys responses. She is seeming to open up more to it. She is kind of at the point of if it might help she might take it. And trust me the pain is that bad. That's not a question. So I'm looking into getting spores and growing my own. I know that liberty caps grow around here, but I'm new here and don't know good places to hunt for them, also there is a shroom that looks just like the liberty cap that is poisonous.. If I still lived in Florida, no prob picked plenty of shrooms in my day when I lived there

It'll be bad enough when she no longer needs convincing, and instead the tables turn with her coming to you asking for them :p

but yes, it's good to hear she's opening up to the idea at least. Whether someone in such a situation goes through with giving the mushrooms a shot is entirely up to them; I'm satisfied with them considering the option, knowing the facts (well, "facts" haha).

Glad to hear your mom is giving it some consideration. Wish my dad would do the same. I've tried just about everything to convince him to give it a shot, but he just won't have it.

I think it would be awesome , that If theres no contraindications to her illness. (Im not familiar with it) Further, I believe suffering that from such pain would have psychological implications which may result in depression. Used in a proper set and setting it can really alleviate this! I do understand that she doent want to experience the altered state but maybe she will warm up to that as well, baby steps!

This would be an interesting question. I wonder if any people out there that used one of these indole psychedelics to self medicate ,ended up actually finding the altered state that these drugs produce beneficial to them psychologically/emotionally but were against the use of them prior.

Tacodude has a good point....dress up the mushroom tea with some lemon and honey! Thatll do it!

Last edited:
You might also consider LSD, it has been shown to be effective in relieving CH's as well as psilocin has...AL-LAD might also work and it's easily obtainable thru the RC vendors on line.