View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Mushrooms for Psychic Healing

OrionTheHunter

Greenlighter
So I have a fair amount of experience with psychedelics. I've done LSD and mushrooms around ten times, DMT three times, ketamine a couple times, and 2C-B once, not to mention MDMA a handful of times, though I'm not sure if that counts as a psychedelic. I've also candyflipped twice. Anyways, I'm just giving you all some background info on my psychedelic drug use because it may help you assess whether or not what I'm thinking of doing is a good idea...

I have taken a break from psychedelics for more than a year now due to the discomfort they gave me after a while of using them in social situations. For the past while I've had some mild social anxiety and depression issues that has made it difficult for me to connect with other people and build relationships. I've even quit smoking marijuana regularly because of the way this has exacerbated these issues. I've tried meditation, running, and eating healthy as a way to boost my confidence and self-esteem, though I must admit I haven't been as consistent with this as I'd like to be. Anyhow, I was thinking of going to the beach one day and eating some mushrooms by myself to explore my inner consciousness and deal with whatever problems are inside me, and hopefully heal and regenerate my mind as a result. I was planning on taking my guitar and journal with me and meditating as I'm tripping. I love the vibe that the beach gives me and I was thinking that being by myself would be a good opportunity to reflect on myself without having to worry about socializing with other people. So what do you all think? Is this a good idea or should I try to improve my state of mind without the use of psychedelics? I don't think I would be going into this naively and I realize that I would have to take the time to integrate the experience into my everyday life... but then there's a part of me that worries that this will just make things worse. Would love to hear any opinions from people who have experience using mushrooms or other psychedelics as an adjunct to psychic healing....

... but then there's a part of me that worries that this will just make things worse.....

Not a good thought to start a trip with...ESPECIALLY a shroom trip.
IME, for introspection without the mindfuck, Ayahuasca would be my choice. Aya is much kinder somehow than some of the other stuff I've done...very manageable.

I think journaling while tripping is a really good idea, I do it often. I also like to clearly state my intentions/questions for the trip just before taking the drug, it helps me keep focus.
Another thing you can try is to make a drawing or an abstract symbol representing your intent while you're peaking (just let your hand scribble and doodle until something clicks and it feels right, kind of like automatic drawing).

I understand well how you feel... very similar to my experience. Its been a loooong time I don't eat mushrooms, because of my last experiences. Why is it so hard to look people in the eyes??

Then I realised my biggest problem was marijuana, just as you seem to have realised too. I noticed that I have ALWAYS smoked when tripping on other stuff. Sometimes the trip was going great, then after smoking it would get really hard to talk to people. This has always made me feel paranoid and i would start overanalysing myself in a negative way.

After that lesson, I decided to test these assumptions. I took 1/4 LSD tab by itself and it was a very social and comfortable experience!
I also read a lot of accounts on how smoking pot has just ruined mushrooms for some people. I cannot agree more!

I am still not taking shrooms since then, but one day I will take it without smoking pot in order to try achieving those great first experiences. The problem with shrooms is it gives me bad nausea if I don't smoke pot, but now I have discovered ondansetron, and I guess this will be the right substitute on that matter.

I have made my peace with marijuana, and have fought with it again. We have a love and hate relationship. However I am always very cautious in mixing it with other substances. Even when its just me and mary jane, the mind set must be the right one. Still haven't tamed her, she's a rough bitch.

My advice to you would be try taking a little dose without smoking. Preferably LSD, IMO it is easier on the mind when taken in small doses.

Edit: Oh! one more thing: Space out your trips! This works great for me. If I start tripping too often, trips start getting no so nice...

Last edited:
I think tripping to solve a problem will just make the problem seem bigger.
Maybe it'll get so big you'll either fight it and win, fight it and lose, or flee.

I know that set and setting are important going into a trip but in my own experience I don't mind if the set is negative if its the problem that I want to resolve and I'm alone and its what I'm here for, I am going to have to face it to fix it. And with people being comfortable looking at one another I find that it is more comfortable for both parties not looking directly in the eyes but at a point on the cheek just below the eyes. You still have eye contact but it is more indirect yet appears to each other as direct. Your not stareing and you get the same emotional read of each other.