• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Mushrooms : Extremely boring

I am curious if something like the Sandoz quality Psilocybin that was synthesized back in the day, in a nice neat pill, would cause any nausea? I'm almost sure the answer is no.
^^^ I think it is the Psilocybin that causes a stomach distress (besides other possible tryptamines, like Baeocystin), and when it gets converted to Psilocin, it gets a lot smoother. Of course it's just my speculation, but the time signatures of effects are corresponding well to the metabolic rate of Psilocybin to Psilocin conversion IME. I have not tried pure Psilocin but I also think it will feel a lot cleaner than mushrooms, in the same fashion as with Mescaline (extracted or synthed) and cactus flesh/tea ingestion.

^^^ I think it is the Psilocybin that causes a stomach distress (besides other possible tryptamines, like Baeocystin), and when it gets converted to Psilocin, it gets a lot smoother. Of course it's just my speculation, but the time signatures of effects are corresponding well to the metabolic rate of Psilocybin to Psilocin conversion IME. I have not tried pure Psilocin but I also think it will feel a lot cleaner than mushrooms, in the same fashion as with Mescaline (extracted or synthed) and cactus flesh/tea ingestion.

Interesting! So it sounds like you're saying Psilocybin is a pro drug for Psilocin? My first trip substance at 15 was sold to me as chocolate Mescaline but who knows what it really was? I just thought that would be much rarer than the acid that was everywhere. It was a big capsule, and like an idiot I poured half of the pill down the drain but still had a full blown trip. The acid going around was small barrels like orange sunshine or yellow sun goddess so what I had was bigger quantity wise. I also had something being sold as Psilocybin which was like a horse pill. Whatever it was, it was good. Being pretty sure what you took was Mescaline must have been interesting. Do you think you could identify Psilocybin or Mescaline versus acid in a blind test?

Interesting! So it sounds like you're saying Psilocybin is a pro drug for Psilocin? My first trip substance at 15 was sold to me as chocolate Mescaline but who knows what it really was? I just thought that would be much rarer than the acid that was everywhere. It was a big capsule, and like an idiot I poured half of the pill down the drain but still had a full blown trip. The acid going around was small barrels like orange sunshine or yellow sun goddess so what I had was bigger quantity wise. I also had something being sold as Psilocybin which was like a horse pill. Whatever it was, it was good. Being pretty sure what you took was Mescaline must have been interesting. Do you think you could identify Psilocybin or Mescaline versus acid in a blind test?

Being 15 was a blast!...8):D

Yes, Psilocybin gets converted into Psilocin when ingested, although mushrooms contain both in different concentration percentage, depending on the type of mushroom, thus difference in effects even from the same flush.

As far as I know "horse pills" are usually the good 'ol Ketamine, correct me if I'm wrong :)

Actually synthesized Mesc didn't impress me much but maybe due to dosage and somewhat hectic times when I was using it. Cactus extractions are great and I've had many beautiful trips with it.

As for the blind testing, I'm more than a 100% sure I'd identify the "classics", besides that I think I can clearly identify many others (especially the ones I love the most), down to feeling difference between 4-HO and 4-Aco trypts and different -LAD homologues. I'm planning to do some blind experimentation soon actually...%)

You could try the "lemon tek" method. When done properly(and i was a skeptic) it produces great results!

You are not taking enough, try an 1/8. While smoking weed does potentiate psychedelics, it also changes them and has a tendency, at least for me, to add anxiety to the trip. I used to always smoke while tripping but now I don't. They sold them to you as aborts because aborts are supposedly stronger but I'm not so sure about that, I think it's just marketing. If you eat an 1/8 you will definitely get where you want to be. Also the buzz seems to wax and wane. Once tripping you will find that you start to get real high and think oh no this may get to be too much, then you'll come down, repeatedly in waves. I like that aspect of mushrooms because it gives you little psychedelic rest periods.

I have to agree with everyone else, you're not taking enough.
Also I've found that it's best to take it on an empty stomach. The amount of active compound in the actual weight of the mushrooms is very small and can get trapped/undigested if your stomach is busy with even more content

Last but not least, the mushroom flesh it's self can be difficult to digest so it is advised to chew chew CHEW.. However most people will not enjoy the taste
My solution to this is to take a little weed grinder and grind them up to a fine powder
you can
A)eat the powder, chasing it with water.
B)wrap it in tissue wads to avoid tasting it
C)put it in capsules if option B is too ghetto for you

I concur with others that you need to ingest more. Just as with all other psychedelics, the keys to the kingdom lie in the experience at relatively high doses. For example, when I was younger, I would only take one to two grams, and while it was fun, it was not in any way "divine" or transformational. However, as I climbed the ladder with cubes, getting up to 4 to 6 grams, I had nearly shamanic experiences, and that's not something I say lightly. When you enter that territory, you enter some sacred realms, or you can, so give a large dose a spin and get back to us after you re-assemble yourself. ;)

The Shadow Self,
I never get hallucinations to the point where I'm getting OED's. Despite this, I think I can relate some what to getting what you described. While I have never gone above eating 2grams of mushrooms at a time , I still feel I have had some visions/spirituality.
An example, well before I explain, I just say it may sound like nothing, but to me, wow.!
Because I ended up smoking weed with all my trips, I was brought into another planet on this particular trip, whether I somehow ingested them better that day, or the weed spiked it, I don't know
I remember g going into my spare bedroom across the hall from me at night time to smoke a cigarette out of the window and as I looked outside the window I felt like I went in a Time Warp back when I was 14 years old, I seen my friends outside on the lawn while it was dark but I didn't see them if that makes any sense they were talking to me but I could hear them or see them it sounds weird but that's how it's worked. I literally felt like I was back in a Time Warp and dropped off in the past it was the most wonderful experience I've ever had in my life I felt like I actually had a chance to reunite with myself and my friends from 17yrs ago.
Can it get more intense than that?
Instead of mushrooms, this time, I acquired two hits of LSD, which day I plan to do it, I have.no clue, however super excited.

Please excuse my typos and other non sense. My phone is lagging right now and delaying key strokes

Yes, it can get far nuttier than what you describe. Higher doses of cubes can absolutely throw you into a maelstrom of ego-loss, to the point where you do not have awareness of who, what, and where you are, though as I said, it requires a good deal of them to facilitate that. You have to be brave if you are to go there, though, and I never recommend it to those that are not ready or wanting that. So yeah...getting into the 4+gram mark, especially without tolerance, will send you to places you aren't likely to have visited, let's say. 5 or 6 can be transformational. Good luck and stay safe. Cubes can be a rough ride, but remarkable in many, many ways. It can also be very therapeutic, and the latter part of a big experience can leave you crying like a baby.

Yeah full doses of mushrooms aren't about the visuals at all, even if they're really strong. It's about SO MUCH more than the visuals. The time warp thing sounds like a pretty powerful experience, but you can get to where you can barely remember you're human, or wake up from the dream and feel the eternal connection to the source, realize you're the observer in everything.

They don't seem to do much for me either - I've tried 2.5g from different suppliers and only had very mild effects compared to LSD. An 8th (3.5g) would be quite expensive for me. I was hoping they would work because sometimes LSD lasts a bit too long!

They don't seem to do much for me either - I've tried 2.5g from different suppliers and only had very mild effects compared to LSD. An 8th (3.5g) would be quite expensive for me. I was hoping they would work because sometimes LSD lasts a bit too long!
^^^In that case you'll find 4-HO-MET to be what you're looking for IMO.

I had nearly shamanic experiences, and that's not something I say lightly. When you enter that territory, you enter some sacred realms, or you can, so give a large dose a spin and get back to us after you re-assemble yourself. ;)

If you don't care to read this, it's all good, then it's just a soliloquy. I never trivialize someone's experience with a psychedelic. When I was in AA, the de facto alpha male of our little clique who happened to be a doctor would tell me it was just altered brain chemistry causing these experience's of profundity. I know he was correct up to a point, on the other hand he hasn't got a clue! I have had experience's where I apparently ceased to exist yet I could still perceive. The boundary between self and other was just gone. It's just such a relief to be rid of the burden of self, even for a microsecond. Definitely enough to cause tears of sheer joy. We (see what I did there lol) would be talking with friends and it would be like who said that, you or me? Then I started to get nervous about facing my parents. I'm thinking is this what schizophrenia is? How could I present myself as the naive 17 year old I was to to them? What a drag to be just me. These experiences seem different than just undulating objects in the visual field or hallucinations, which the experienced know is just perceiving what's already there differently IMHO.

I've mentioned this on BL before but I have a 70 year old brother who was and still is an aspiring musician. I think it's in the genes because my mother's side were all off-the-boat Italian professional musicians. He went to the original Woodstock and had a band called the Canterbury Tales. Incidentally, he can't recall if that was inspired by that "as the miller told his tale" line from Whiter Shade of Pale. Unbeknownst to me until later in life, some kind of mental abnormality ran on my father's side. Apparently LSD manifested his latent schizophrenia. A respected doctor told me once that the acid didn't cause it but may have just brought it to the surface. I was crushed when the person I looked up to was gone for good. Anyway he's fine, still crazy as a loon.

Just saying, you know? Respect. All the anti-acid public service announcements back then....Is it turning you on, or turning on you? They where just great for planting the seed of a bad trip back then.