Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Mushroom virgin looking for advice šŸ’—

Readyforchange1111

Bluelighter
Hey, am looking for a bit of advice and insight,
Iā€™ve taken Ket before , and MDMA both many years ago, thatā€™s many years ago because I fucked up and took too much of each of them the last time and had panic attacks šŸ˜”(separate occasions)

I was not very spiritual back then atall and despite being extremely high and things being intense AF Iā€™ve never hallucinated before , never seen anything thatā€™s not there Iā€™ve had distorted vision but thatā€™s about it, Iā€™ve had a few panic attacks on coke before and I think I just have ā€˜the fearā€™ of losing control of my body/mind.

i am a very clean and spiritual woman now , Iā€™m 30, I smoke weed at night, thatā€™s about it now. I take no medication at all ,no mental health diagnosis but I clearly have abit of anxiety over loss of control. Iā€™m intuitive and work within the spiritual community, I feel so ready to have this experience but that fear of not coming back to normal, or.. thereā€™s this scenario that freaks me out where i lose control of my mind/body and end up killing myself or hurting myself or something mad like that. Anyone ever had the fear and done it anyway and been able to trip in peace??

Or any advice for how to overcome this? I have traumas I know may come up nothing too horrendous , but .. yeah I guess Iā€™m just seeing if anyone had anything like what Iā€™m talkin about before taking them? I just donā€™t wana fuck myself up into a bad trip by being afraid, same time I donā€™t wanna miss out. Am planning on taking psilocybin Iā€™m in the UK and have a good clean source .. then eventually Iā€™d love to have a DMT experience.. but Iā€™m wanting to start small, open my mind and ease myself in, so ANYYYY tips much appreciated šŸ’œšŸ’œšŸ’œ thank u in advance xx

mushrooms are pretty much the safest drug out there if guidelines are followed.

If you made it to age 30 without ever developing shcizophernia or manic episodes you are going to be totally safe and will 100% come back normal.

You will not lose control just take a normal dose for your first time which depends on the species of mushroom you are going to be taking. I would start of a low dose for somebody new to psychedelics this will be easily manageable to get a feeling for the altered state of consciouness mushrooms will give you.

Set setting are the most important things. Take it in a place where you are comfortable i.e your own home and your mindset take it on a daily where you are feeling happy and no stress or things you have to do later on.

There is nothing to fear some meditation before hand to clear your mind can be good if your are anxious but by the time they kick in it will melt away and you will feel at peace with life and the universe. Do you know what species you are going to be taking so we can recommend a starting dose. on mushrooms reality is still the same it just perceived differently its impossible to put into words but everything gets sharper a overlay of visuals of tribal ancient patterns usually cover the walls. Set up some good vibe musics for the trip aswell. and avoid smoking weed on the trip. A cause of most bad trips is somebody smoking weed ontop of it which leads to confusion.\

mushrooms are very introspective and healing and will allow you to address events over your entire life and come to terms and peace with them.

Start with a small dose 1st. You can always take more. But once they absorb, no way to get out (outside of taking the edge off with cns depressants)

Can't say I agree with the weed information. Unless weed gives you bad experiences. If you are a daily smoker and can smoke and function completely normal then definitely smoke. Kicks the trip up nicely.

Never willingly tripped without weed. If no weed would be scraping resin. We even smoked stems once.

Last edited:
making it into tea juice is good too.
not so harsh on the intestines and most enjoyable ! šŸ‘šŸ¼

Edit: And yes, way better than ever getting drunk can be !!

Thanks for the replies!
Not sure yet on what Iā€™ll be taking yet, have made contact with my friend who microdoses them so will have to wait till morning to find out what itā€™ll be.. have only made the decision to finally take them since that Jupiter/Saturn conjunction the other day, have had many a volcano moment leading up to recently which has allowed me to clear a lot of weight I carried with me and set myself free from a lot of my past. And the mushroom experience idea keeps popping into my mind during my meditations I know itā€™s time to explore.

My main concern and what really pisses me off Tbh because Iā€™m so ready!! is that Iā€™m worried about bein worried! Imagining myself Feeling it start to kick in then freaking out and getting into a low frequency and meeting whatever lies on them frequency planes! Something I guess I canā€™t get help with except but to be as relaxed as possible šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø Or Is it like a rollercoaster, your queuing and scared then you force yourself on there have an amazing time and just wana go again and wonder what on earth you were scared of!?
overthinker I know, I have a young child and just wanna make sure his Mumma doesnā€™t end up a traumatised wreck šŸ˜‚ xx

Start with a small dose 1st. You can always take more. But once they absorb, no way to get out (outside of taking the edge off with cns depressants)

Can't say I agree with the weed information. Unless weed gives you bad experiences. If you are a daily smoker and can smoke and function completely normal then definitely smoke. Kicks the trip up nicely.

Never tripped without weed. If no weed would be scraping resin. We even smoked stems once.
Thatā€™s a good point, CNS depressant being like...? Anything I could have handy thatā€™d bring me out of it quicker? Does the old pure orange juice trick work or was that a myth!? Lol xx

Benzos, opiates, alcohol.

I am not advocating taking any of these with your trip. But if shit gets out of hand, something like .25mg of fast acting benzo (or perhaps 5mg of valium) or little piece of Hydrocodone / Oxy will definitely calm you down.

Maybe someone else would comment, however I think phenibut would do the trick too.

Of course a beer or two will relax you as well.

But again, I do not advocate mixing any of these up.

As I got older I stopped LSD but continued mushrooms and would be mixing it all up haha. Definitely numbs the trip. Some of the most intense trips I had were lsd + mdma + weed. And those were all before I was playing with opiates and benzos. Never did drink outside of a beer or two on lsd or mushrooms.

Ohhh ive just thought of one more thing I wana ask .. planning on doing this with a sober trip sitter , trusted, calm,,, but is it common to speak , without knowing whatā€™s coming out ? Like will I reveal things to her that I may not want her to hear šŸ˜‚ or is that all an individual basis.. or are you still conscious of your words.. Iā€™ve spoken about all sorts that Iā€™ve regretted the next day whilst on mdma back in the day šŸ˜«šŸ˜‚ xx

Start small. 1g should be decent, though you may feel some anxiety at low doses anyway, it shouldn't be enough for full panic mode/the feeling of losing control.

I've encountered panic attacks on mushrooms that I had to use a lot of mental strength to overcome.

As for being overly honest......not a worry with mushrooms. This isn't MDMA....but even with that one is quite aware that their spilling it all.
Mushrooms you'll be fully aware of what is coming out of your mouth and be able to control it.
I mean, unless you're on some 5g++ trip and are dumbstruck with awe maybe, but even my 7g trip was fully verbally concious.

Start small. 1g should be decent, though you may feel some anxiety at low doses anyway, it shouldn't be enough for full panic mode/the feeling of losing control.

I've encountered panic attacks on mushrooms that I had to use a lot of mental strength to overcome.

As for being overly honest......not a worry with mushrooms. This isn't MDMA....but even with that one is quite aware that their spilling it all.
Mushrooms you'll be fully aware of what is coming out of your mouth and be able to control it.
I mean, unless you're on some 5g++ trip and are dumbstruck with awe maybe, but even my 7g trip was fully verbally concious.
Was the panic attacks due to taking too much? Or your mind set? Xxx thanks for replying btw

the first i did shrooms i took too much tbh but i had done alot of acid. The thing about shrooms is the difficult parts will be over within 1-2 hours as the peak is not that long making it the perfect psychedelic to take for a first timer. As long as you keep your doses low and move up slowly over time you will be able to have good times and know how much you can handle or if you want more.

My message my plug sent me before taking them No worries bro most people who trip, They donā€™t focus on the love, on the joy. They donā€™t focus on the complete acceptance you feel in the moment as your ego disappears into pure gratitude for being alive. Meditation in the deep waves of psilocybin is where you'll find the magic hahaha, chur my bro, enjoy

Was the panic attacks due to taking too much? Or your mind set? Xxx thanks for replying btw

Caused by looping reality.

I get deja vu a lot which makes it seems like I have premonitions, which I obviously don't, it's just a trick of memory in the brain and when reality seems to loop during a trip, I sometimes start to panic and have to calm myself down.

It also happens once in a while when I hallucinate something that is especially unreal. It triggers some sort of primal adrenal reaction.

I wouldn't say it's either of dose or mind set on the day. It just happens randomly.

The only correlation I can think of is with it being on days after/during heavy drinking, but even that may not be the case as I usually refuse to do mushrooms even if all my mates are doing them if I've felt any post-alcohol anxiety at all that day.

That being said, it's only ever happened on 2g+ doses.

Also, I don't get fully into the panic attack, I just feel it coming on and wrestle it down in my head which may be possible after years of dealing with suicidal ideation and depression in my own head/sort of a bootleg CBT.

Itā€™s funny that you put ā€œthe fearā€ in quotations because thatā€™s what they call getting stuck in a loop and having a bad trip. Shit if youā€™re getting the fear on coke, well I donā€™t wanna say mushrooms arenā€™t for you because itā€™s a fantastic experience, but be prepared. The fear you experience on mushrooms is a level of relinquishing control that rivals no other. Definitely start small and be safe!

I would also say to eat really good the day before and the day of. Don't eat them on an empty stomach for sure. And don't take them right after a big meal. The nausea can be bad both ways, but on an empty hungry stomach, it will not be enjoyable.

In my experience you will puke if you ate too many. Anything over 3.5g I will puke. So will spread the eating over the course of an hour or so.

You will be good.

Itā€™s funny that you put ā€œthe fearā€ in quotations because thatā€™s what they call getting stuck in a loop and having a bad trip. Shit if youā€™re getting the fear on coke, well I donā€™t wanna say mushrooms arenā€™t for you because itā€™s a fantastic experience, but be prepared. The fear you experience on mushrooms is a level of relinquishing control that rivals no other. Definitely start small and be safe!
Lol I didnā€™t know ā€˜the fearā€™ was a term used like that šŸ˜‚ I donā€™t mean gettin stuck in a loop of course I just meant panicking anxiety feeling like you want whatever the drug is your on to stop working straight away x but thank you for advice will definitely start small xx

I would also say to eat really good the day before and the day of. Don't eat them on an empty stomach for sure. And don't take them right after a big meal. The nausea can be bad both ways, but on an empty hungry stomach, it will not be enjoyable.

In my experience you will puke if you ate too many. Anything over 3.5g I will puke. So will spread the eating over the course of an hour or so.

You will be good.
I had a zip of SA Transkei and would eat them at 10:45a on an empty or near empty stomach half hour before lunch. When you eat, it may possibly delay the trip. You still get all the medicine, it just may not be euphoric. My go to dose was 1.5g. I am and was also receiving 254mg of invega sustenna and would still trip. So it comes to what you're most comfortable with or familiar.

Golden Teachers i would rate as a nice introductory MM. Part of the Cubenis family and most widespread and easily obtainable. They one of my favorites for a day trip when going for a walk or hiking.

I had a zip of SA Transkei and would eat them at 10:45a on an empty or near empty stomach half hour before lunch. When you eat, it may possibly delay the trip. You still get all the medicine, it just may not be euphoric. My go to dose was 1.5g. I am and was also receiving 254mg of invega sustenna and would still trip. So it comes to what you're most comfortable with or familiar.

Right. At least wait a few hours after you eat. Maybe that didn't come across right. Taking right after eating is no good. You would probably get sick taking them on a full stomach. Especially after chowing down a bunch of greasy pizza, then eating right after. Would for sure puke them out haha.

More or less was saying don't take them on a starving stomach + weak body from lack of food. For example, not eating all day and eating them at 1pm. Not sure how fun that would be since you will end up peaking 3/4pm and now you haven't ate all day. Anything food related is very gross when tripping. Especially once the breathing / morphing comes. Ramen noodles will look like worms moving around. Just gives me the shivers thinking about it lol.

If I were going to eat mushrooms at 11pm. Would eat a good breakfast, good lunch, and light / medium meal at around 8:30pm. Or if I was going to eat mushrooms at noon, I would eat really good the day before, and have a nice breakfast the day of around 9am. As long as its been 2-3 hours since your last meal, it will be fine. Last thing you want though is an empty growling stomach. Had lots of bad experiences with not eating right the whole day and taking them at night. Your body is just too weak. You want it to be strong.

Kind of like drinking on an empty stomach. Its never good.

She will be OK. Its her 1st time taking them. She can always take more.

Last edited: