• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Mushroom grow photo's from start of pinning to harvest (5 days)

Thomas Davie

Moderator: CD
Staff member
Just thought I'd throw this up since a few people have started threads about growing.

This was my first grow, using premade everything. No do-it-yourself (that comes later). These cakes had been in the fruiting chamber ~11 days, and I was going to throw them out.

Day 11 fruiting
4Ig806Zl.jpg

Day 14 fruiting
SYn4WyMl.jpg

Day 15 fruiting
67h0pfll.jpg

Day 16 fruiting 6:30 am
LQulCCpl.jpg

Day 16 fruiting 5:30 pm
MTnzTDYl.jpg

Never having grown mushrooms before, I didn't know what to look for, or know how bloody fast they grow after pinning. When I grow now, I don't let the views drop like that, and I try to harvest *just* after they pop.

Tom

Isn't it weird how they always seem to grow out of random places on the cakes? Nice pics man!

I'm not an expert, but what I've heard is that pic on day 15 is when you want to pick them....
Congrats and have fun!

A couple more photo's from the same first grow.

Mushrooms from the cake shown drying. About 5.6g dry.
bjYE70vl.jpg

See the one with the blackish head at the top of the cake? Don't do what I did which is to throw them all away (for my first 4 grows). These are called aborts. They are nothing more than stalled fruiting bodies. They will shrivel up and rot if you don't pick them. But on a per weight basis they are stronger than stalks/caps. Save em and take a gram :)
nh0aiGBl.jpg

This may or may not be from the same cake as the first photo's, but it is still from the same first grow albeit 16 days after my first harvest. That was another mistake from my first grow; the cakes didn't mature at the same time, so I never redunked/rolled all my cakes at the same time. The grow just kinda lingered on until the last of the 6 cakes got contaminated after about 3 1/2 months in the fruiting chamber.

Overall yield from 6 cakes through 1 extended flush was ~42g dried.
yTW7Cw0l.jpg

Tom

Last edited:
Looks good. Brings back memories from when I use to do it 2006-2008 what a fun hobby.

What an awesome hobby!

Whats the legality if doing that?

That depends on location I would assume. It's legal; to grow with kits in the Netherlands I believe.

Selling/buying/shipping spores is legal in most of Canada/USA (a few states you can't buy them). I'm pretty sure that colonization is a no no since the mycelium does have the psilocybin/psilocin in it.

Tom