• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Moving from 15mg Oxy to 30

jaypee

Greenlighter
I've been taking 15mg of Oxy a twice a day, but starting to feel less and less. If I take two 15mg pills at a time, should I crush up one and take the other whole to feel a long and strong effect? Or should I take the 2 at the same time without removing the instant release coating off?

Basically trying to achieve the most durable & strongest effect.

Welcome to BL!

This question belong in Basic Drug Discussion, I'll move it over there for you.

Check out the guidelines and standards linked in my signature line for more info on which threads belong in Other Drugs versus Basic Drug Discussion.

-->BDD

Thanks! Being a new member, I appreciate the feedback.

A common misconception among drug users is that if scratch off the pill coating it turns it into a short acting drug. That is wrong, and the Oxycodone is mixed with fillers and binders that slow down the absorption in your stomach.
You could take both pills, and probably get the same high you used to, or you could crush one, and swallow the other whole. The choice is yours. You could even crush both pills, but be warned they don't taste great. You could try parachuting the pill, that might make it hit a tiny bit faster too.

If you get them prescribed to you, you should just be honest with your doctor about them loosing effectiveness. This is normal for pain patients to require an increase in meds due to a completly natural increase in your bodies attempt to down regulate your opiate receptor activity.

I've been given Ralivia from my doctor, Im generly on 20mg oxycontin. What is this? does it get you high? Could I sniff these pills?

im prescribed 5 mg of oxycodone ir 3 times a day and it dosn't seem to be working as well for my pain. my dr. seems hesitant cuz im only 17 but still wrote for 90 5 mg oxys, but they just arnt helping the pain. how should i go about telling her that they dont work as well?

Does anyone know what Ralivia 100mg is? and what does it do?

Ralivia is Tramadol, Extended release. Tramadol is a semi-synthetic analogue of codeine. Some people can get high off it, where as I personally can't. I wouldn't suggest trying to sniff these, with Tramadol short acting you shouldn't go over 400 MG otherwise its a waste of drugs and its too much. I'm not sure about Ralivia though, Try taking 2 or 3 and see how you feel. You may or may not get a kick out of it, worth trying though. :)
im prescribed 5 mg of oxycodone ir 3 times a day and it dosn't seem to be working as well for my pain. my dr. seems hesitant cuz im only 17 but still wrote for 90 5 mg oxys, but they just arnt helping the pain. how should i go about telling her that they dont work as well?

You should just be honest with your doctor. If you are in real pain, than your doctor shouldn't have any problem helping you.

Ralivia is Tramadol, Extended release. Tramadol is a semi-synthetic analogue of codeine. Some people can get high off it, where as I personally can't. I wouldn't suggest trying to sniff these, with Tramadol short acting you shouldn't go over 400 MG otherwise its a waste of drugs and its too much. I'm not sure about Ralivia though, Try taking 2 or 3 and see how you feel. You may or may not get a kick out of it, worth trying though. :)

You should just be honest with your doctor. If you are in real pain, than your doctor shouldn't have any problem helping you.

ok. why shouldnt you go over 400 mgs with tha tramadol? with the tramadol 50 mgs? i always take like ten becuz thatz wat gets me high.

ok. why shouldnt you go over 400 mgs with tha tramadol? with the tramadol 50 mgs? i always take like ten becuz thatz wat gets me high.

You shouldn't go over 400mg because you increase the risk of having a seizure (tramadol lowers the seizure threshold).....also roxis are instant release, and have no coating.

^ What he said, and not only that, but because it loses some bio-availability at such dosages if I remember correctly.

I just wanted to know if people prefer to take the first one whole and parachute the second one at the same time...for a strongest effect.

I just wanted to know if people prefer to take the first one whole and parachute the second one at the same time...for a strongest effect.
It depends. If they are time release (like brand name oxycontin) then yes, that would be stronger. If they are IR then the difference would be minimal at best.

You could take both pills, and probably get the same high you used to, or you could crush one, and swallow the other whole. The choice is yours. You could even crush both pills, but be warned they don't taste great. You could try parachuting the pill, that might make it hit a tiny bit faster too.