Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Movie News: The Riddler to be the villain in next Batman movie.

I think the scarecrow still has some mileage left in him, I really enjoyed the way the character was portrayed by Cillian Murphy and have a feeling he'll play at least a small role in the next film. As for new villains there's only two choices: man-bat and the ventriloquist.

Man-bat... I thought you were joking until I looked it up. The people who come up with this garbage are seriously creative.

what about some other villains?

I'm surprised no one here has brought up the Mad Hatter. seems pretty likable by BL standards.

the Mad Hatter

mad_hatter_batman_3_villain.PNG

Completely smitten with the works of Lewis Carroll, as his criminal name indicates, he takes the appearance of the Mad Hatter from Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. He is an insane neuroscientist and developed hardware that can control the brain and induce hypnotic states, and often uses hats or other headgear for mind control. (There was also, briefly, a second Mad Hatter who liked to commit crimes with hat-related themes, but he has not been seen in two decades, having only one appearance after nearly being killed by the original.)

I always thought Solomon Grundy was creepier than hell, as well. mind you he wouldn't be the "feature villain," but they could definitely have him in there somewhere.

Solomon Grundy

12p2.jpg

Cyrus Gold was a Gotham City merchant who was murdered and thrown into Slaughter Swamp, where he was transformed into an undead zombie-like creature. Solomon Grundy was initially an enemy of the Golden Age Green Lantern and the Justice Society, but has both battled and aided various heroes during his multiple resurrections. He has battled Batman on a number of occasions, notably in The Long Halloween and Dark Victory.

or they could get Danny Devito to just reprise as the Penguin. nobody can touch that performance.

Eddie Murphy would be great as The Riddler. I want to see Poison Ivy in a new Batman movie.

Just thinking about Eddie Murphy's voice as being a part of the next Batman installation makes me cringe....he's done way too many corny, slapstick comedies for me to ever take him seriously, especially as a villian following Heath Ledger's Joker. I mean c'mon...seriously. How could anything Eddie Murphy does compare to Heath's performance?

They need someone that can bring a sick, dark and sadistic twist to the character like Heath did, and Eddie Murphy is NOT that guy. I could definitely see Johnny Depp pulling that off, however. I'd be glad to see him in the role.

Riddlers not a bad choice....as long as they dig into the mentallity and explore all aspects of him.

That was why joker was very well done.....they REALLY brought out the "watch the world burn" part of him yet showed how highly intelligent he was and also brought into play the love/hate he and "the bats" have towards each other.

Jim Carrey (which I thought at least was entertaining) was not truly the riddler. He made him a goofball. He should be very meticulous and cunning and rather quit kinda fellow and stay focused on the fact he feels he can outsmart Batman.

but as Axe said....why not the Mad Hatter?!!?!

I'm tired of seeing Johnny Depp in makeup. Between the 3 Pirates movies, Sweeny Todd, and Chocolate Factory I would rather see him in a regular movie.

Eddie Murphy has been goofy, it's true, but everyone criticized Ledger before seeing the film. We'll have to wait and see.

For those who don't like repeats, maybe Deadshot as a villain.

^ Deadshot is possibly one of the best assassins in the comics as a whole, but I doubt they could fashion a whole movie after him. he is pretty one dimensional.

still, would be great to see him in action in some minor role.

Or is Bullseye some Deadshot ripoff?

Unfortunately I do not think that the Batman franchise will have the luxury of taking it back a notch in the villain department after using both the Joker and Two-Face in Dark Knight. By using two of Batman's best villains, the studio turned Dark Knight into the second most successful movie of all time. There is no way anyone is going to sign off on the Mad Hatter for a follow up (even though I myself would love to see it).

I think the Riddler and/or Catwoman are the obvious choices, especially if J. Depp graces the new movie with his presence. Heath Ledger set the bar for villain performance in the Batman franchise. The next actor/villain is going to have some pretty bug shoes to fill.

The characters do not make the actors, tis but the actors who bring them to life.

While Joker is the most well known Bat villian, Nicklson did not capture him IMO to the fullest. His Joker reminded me of "The Shining" in alot of the insane humor (you know, oh Jack is being crazy) But Heth made the Joker come to life. My wife who knows pretty much shit when it comes to comic book anything was creep'ed out by the level of psychosis and "realism" he brought forth and she loved watching his character unfold.

So no matter what villain it is, if the actor can bring him to life and make it as real as humanly possible (and if script is written well enough), it can still work.

I've heard some rumors that Killer Croc might be the newest villain. again, very one dimensional and I don't know how well this would jive with the new Spider-Man reboot that is officially going to feature the Lizard...

this movie has to be the Riddler and Catwoman, with Crispin Glover as the Riddler ;)

Hey now. My thread's a year and a half old. The article seemed plausible at the time. Way to make a liar out of me Nolan.

On the plus side, I'm glad it won't be the Riddler. That character is too similar to the Joker. I either want to see Dr. Hugo Strange and Catwoman (only because I don't think she can hold a batman movie by herself) or The Toymaker. I don't know. Looking through the list of Batman villains, I think maybe Nolan should introduce someone original. The villains seem mostly lame. I definitely don't care to see The Penguin, Poison Ivy or Mr. Freeze again.

I dunno...the Mad Hatter is pretty fucked-up. Clayface would be awesome, but unfortunately a little too close to the T-1000...

I would like Crispin Glover or Adrian Brody as Riddler.

Or even better, a muscled Javier Bardem as Bane. I think Nolan could write a phenomenal Bane.

Spoiler warning:
NSFW:
Plus can you imagine seeing Bane break Batman's back on film? Only for him to... RISE again? Total badassery right there!

Looks like whoever it is might have already been decided:

http://www.ifanboy.com/content/arti...dy_Joins_the_Cast_of_Nolan_s_Next_Batman_Film