View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Mouthwash LSD trick: does it work?

CrypticArc

Bluelighter
I heard a while ago that using mouth wash before taking LSD can (do something along the lines of) open up the pores in your mouth so that it absorbs more quickly and thoroughly. I've tried it a few times myself but I'm usually too fucked up to notice whether or not a difference was made. Has anyone tried this with success? Biologically, does it make sense?

Maybe the alcohol in the mouth wash helps to absorb faster, but don't see how sucking tabs is in general better/more effective/faster then just swallowing them - at least with an empty stomach.

LSD is well absorbed through the stomach just as well as the mouth/oral tissue, so there's probably not much of a difference.

^^^ as above.

Unless you've just eaten something and are concerned that it'll hinder the absorption of the LSD when taken orally, there's no reason to sit it in your mouth. Just swallow it, unless it's NBOMe (in which case don't even put it in your mouth, imo).

I believe that keeping it in your mouth is like sipping wine... swallowing it is like drinking a shot.... IME it hits you faster because it is more concentrated. bring on a deeper experience... instead of a slower time released experience, so to speak...

Mmm I'd argue against that, Toltec. IME sublingual is in no way a slower way to absorb the chemical. The chemical I've done sub most is 4-AcO-DMT, and it always actually hit faster and harder sublingual than oral. Maybe it's a different story with an empty stomach, but who has an empty stomach these days? We devour food like it's 1999.