Recruiting Motivations of cannabis use

MrsRogues

Greenlighter
Hi there,

My name's Ally and I'm studying psychology at University of Liverpool in the UK. I'm looking to recruit people for a study that is looking to identify the motivations behind cannabis use. This study has been ethically approved by the Research and Integrity Office, however, if you have any issues, these can be reached at [email protected]

The survey can be found by clicking here:

The survey itself should take no longer than 10 minutes to complete and is easy to use. There is an opportunity to win one of ten £10 Amazon vouchers if you wish to enter an email address at the end, this however is not compulsory.

This study begins September 2022 and will run until March 2023. It's open to anyone over the age of 18 and lives in the UK, EU, USA or Canada, and who has consumed cannabis in any form within the last 6 months.

The lead researcher can be contacted at [email protected] or I can personally be contacted via the Bluelight private messaging system.

Hope to speak to you soon,

Ally 😊

Last edited:
I just completed that and a few notes:

You should post this in the drug studies sub.
The questions were furiously redundant.

Other than that, best of luck
I appreciate the reply, and thanks for completion.

I’ll transfer it over to the relevant forum, and I completed it myself and completely agree, however the head researcher is marking my uni assignments so I’m not going to pass that on, hahah!

Hi there,
My name's Ally and I'm studying psychology at University of Liverpool in the UK. I'm looking to recruit people for a study that is looking to identify some motivations behind cannabis use.
This study has been ethically approved by the Research and Integrity Office, however, if you have any issues, these can be reached at [email protected]

The survey can be found by clicking here:

The survey itself should take no longer than 10 minutes to complete and is easy to use. There is an opportunity to win one of ten £10 Amazon vouchers if you wish to enter an email address at the end, this however is not compulsory.

This study begins September 2022 and will run until March 2023. It's open to anyone over the age of 18 and lives in the UK, EU, USA or Canada, and who has consumed cannabis in any form within the last 6 months.

The lead researcher can be contacted at [email protected] or I can personally be contacted via the Bluelight private messaging system.

This study is completely anonymous and you will not be asked for any identifiable information.

TIA for completing,

Ally 😊

Last edited by a moderator:
Filled out. It lacked specificity though. Ex: I use Cannabis multiple times daily to control the nausea from peritoneal dialysis. I’ve never made the attempt to quit b/c kidney failure doesn’t magically cure 😝 and it is always causing nausea.

I get in a better mood when I’m not vomiting There could also be an anti depressant component.

Tom

Filled out. It lacked specificity though. Ex: I use Cannabis multiple times daily to control the nausea from peritoneal dialysis. I’ve never made the attempt to quit b/c kidney failure doesn’t magically cure 😝 and it is always causing nausea.

I get in a better mood when I’m not vomiting There could also be an anti depressant component.

Tom
I appreciate the time taken to complete, thank you. I also appreciate the feedback, I’ll be sure to pass it on.

I’m sorry you’re going through this, I can’t even begin to imagine how tough going that must be. If you’ve found what works for you then go for it! This is why research like this is so useful, it can hopefully evidence why cannabis treatments should be licensed and prescribed!

I wish you the best xxx

I appreciate the time taken to complete, thank you. I also appreciate the feedback, I’ll be sure to pass it on.

I’m sorry you’re going through this, I can’t even begin to imagine how tough going that must be. If you’ve found what works for you then go for it! This is why research like this is so useful, it can hopefully evidence why cannabis treatments should be licensed and prescribed!

I wish you the best xxx
I want to say it's not an issue. Almost not an issue. I was a lab tech in human Pharmacology for 7.5 yrs and then 20 in animal nutrition. So I've had the training in the biosciences to the extent that I administer my own hemoglobin stimulating injections (subcutaneous on myself is no issue when I've done venous punctures once or twice on animals).

And get this - I can still eat my favourite food of all time (channa masala, basmati rice, raita, lassi, naan, gulab jaamun, papadum, etc). I just can't eat a typical western diet (high fat/salt/sugar) without it decreasing the efficiency of the dialysis.

So free eating of whatever I want, whenever I want is gone. That's the tough part.

Tom

@MrsRogues a warm welcome to BL. Please take a second to look through this and adjust your OP.

Thanks in advance and best wishes with your research!

I took the test myself, i never tried cannabis until i was an adult (i tried ecstasy before lol) and i found it very good for helping me to sleep or relax in general when i otherwise cannot.
The biggest issue in the UK is that you cannot purchase regulated cannabis and it is illegal to grow your own, therefore gatekeeping all medical users because they are unable to get the desired strain of THC strength, or CBD/THC ratio.
I wish i could walk to a shop and buy some Harlequin or Cannatonic as well as a sedating strain to use in the evenings, fast forward 10 years from my initial use i no longer seek to get really high i literally just vape it to help me sleep or ease aches and pains (instant relief from migraines)

@MrsRogues a warm welcome to BL. Please take a second to look through this and adjust your OP.

Thanks in advance and best wishes with your research!
I'll update the post now to keep this within the rules, thank you!

I took the test myself, i never tried cannabis until i was an adult (i tried ecstasy before lol) and i found it very good for helping me to sleep or relax in general when i otherwise cannot.
The biggest issue in the UK is that you cannot purchase regulated cannabis and it is illegal to grow your own, therefore gatekeeping all medical users because they are unable to get the desired strain of THC strength, or CBD/THC ratio.
I wish i could walk to a shop and buy some Harlequin or Cannatonic as well as a sedating strain to use in the evenings, fast forward 10 years from my initial use i no longer seek to get really high i literally just vape it to help me sleep or ease aches and pains (instant relief from migraines)
I personally can't see why its illegal in the UK when so many people use it medicinally, but I doubt it is something that is likely to change anytime soon annoyingly. As you stated, it can be a great relaxant. If it was widely available, I know I would much prefer using that to alcohol, which is my current crutch, and I think it would benefit me so much more than the hangovers and hangxiety!

Thank you for completing :)

I want to say it's not an issue. Almost not an issue. I was a lab tech in human Pharmacology for 7.5 yrs and then 20 in animal nutrition. So I've had the training in the biosciences to the extent that I administer my own hemoglobin stimulating injections (subcutaneous on myself is no issue when I've done venous punctures once or twice on animals).

And get this - I can still eat my favourite food of all time (channa masala, basmati rice, raita, lassi, naan, gulab jaamun, papadum, etc). I just can't eat a typical western diet (high fat/salt/sugar) without it decreasing the efficiency of the dialysis.

So free eating of whatever I want, whenever I want is gone. That's the tough part.

Tom
That must come in handy having such vast knowledge on the subject! I don't know where you are but here in the UK, if you had an issue such as yours, I think it would be a long time before you were properly diagnosed and even then, I don't know if the treatment would be readily available.

I'm currently writing an assignment on cannabis as well as assisting in this study, I'm writing as to whether or not there is enough evidence to legalise its use, and one of the main focuses of mine is lessening the side effect of nausea from treatment such as chemotherapy, so I'll be sure to look into dialysis now too!