• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Motivation and losing weight

What i don't get is how i can weigh a certain amount one morning and then wake up the next morning 4 kilos heavier or lighter... it's happening more and more regularly, and i'm not taking any drugs (legal or illegal). Nor am i changin my exercise or eating habits... although i am sleeping a lot more... i can't understand what is going on.

ALthough, for no reason, in the last 4 weeks i have lost 3 kilos permanently, well, they haven't come back...

I'm not trying to lose weight though... i'm happy how i am... i just find it a bit odd, that's all... :\

Losing weight ... pfft! I should have just not eaten junk when I hit high school and I'd be fine!

I've been eating well for 2 months now, including drinking my 2 litres of water a day, running 4 times a week (5.4km), eating right etc etc ... haven't noticed a change.

Okay, I feel healthier, I play an entire game of soccer no worries, but why ain't the fat falling off huh!?!?! hehe :)

give interval training a go bop.
halve the length of your jog,
sprint for 100m (or 200m or 300m or however long you can keep it up nicely) then jog or walk for the same distance
then repeat.

Doing one single sort of exercise will tone those muscles up, they'll become more efficient (don't ask me - it makes no sense here either), and burn less kilojoules

edit: dont forget you're replacing some of that fat with lean muscle - its not your weight thats important, more the figure, dont you think?

Here here :D

All about the figure ... I'd like to say I'd give interval training a go - but sprints? Hmmm ...

My problem is, I get a tad lazy on weekends ... I've gotta eat well ALL week :X

But seriously, the last thing I feel like eating after a big night is a piece of fruit!

I really need something to motivate me! ARGH!

Bopgirl: It's actually kinda good to slack off for the w'end, in the end it will keep you more motivated, and you get a few treats to look forward to. Just don't go too overboard. ;)

Also as for you not losing weight I wouldn't worry about that just yet, have you lost any inches? Losing inches is probably more important than actually losing the weight.

One instructor at my gym advised me that as a general rule, you should do around 40 minutes of cardio per day if your goal is to lose weight.

He said that you start to burn fat at around 30 minutes, and the last 10 minutes is when you burn the most.

To clarify, 40 minutes of cardio doesn't mean you have to run like a maniac on a treadmill at 14kph. Also 40 minutes per day can get quite boring! So a good recommendation is to make a plan for yourself say - do 10 minutes of brisk walking, then 5 minutes of slow jogging, 5 minutes of slightly quicker jogging, back to 5 minutes of walking, etc. Makes 40 minutes go quicker and it helps to keep your motivation up.

Motivation and consistency are the two key factors in maintaining a healthy diet and regular exercise in my opinion. Even on those days when you don't feel as energetic as others, still force yourself to go to the gym, and instead of doing your normal workout, just do half! The point is, you still went...

gl :)