Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Moscow Police Crack Down On Marijuana Legalization [Good Photos]

erosion

Bluelight Crew
Moscow Police Crack Down On Marijuana Legalization
Kommersant Daily
May 7, 2007

Moscow police on Saturday suppressed a rally for the legalization of marijuana, detaining 30 people and beating many more. Participants of the Marijuana March were fined and sentenced to 15 days in jail.

The Marijuana Legalization League attempted to stage a rally in downtown Moscow on Saturday to demand the legalization of marijuana in Russia. Police detained the demonstrators, beating several people with truncheons.

The rally was to become part of the Global Marijuana March which brings protestors to the streets in cities all over the world. This was the fifth attempt to stage the Marijuana Rally in Moscow.

City authorities have turned down an application to organize the rally as "propagandizing drug abuse". The Federal Drug Control Federation earlier urged Moscow to crack down on the possible gathering "as tough as possible".

The detainees were charged with violation of rally regulations, and propagandizing drug abuse. One of the demonstrators was sentenced to 15 days in jail. Six other people got ten-day jail terms and 3,500-ruble fines.
IMG_5018.jpg

IMG_5035.jpg

IMG_5056.jpg

IMG_5060.jpg

Link

Russian cops have always been a pain in the ass... even when I was a little girl. The one thing is ... you can always pay them off. But I totally support the movement :)

thats just wrong. im sure russia has advertisements for alcohol n' they dont consider those "propagandizing drug abuse". more power to the protesters! i salute ye

^ They sure did when I was there 2 years ago. It was the only commercial advertising I saw on the billboards in St. Petersburg.

n4k33n said:
The detainees were charged with violation of rally regulations, and propagandizing drug abuse. One of the demonstrators was sentenced to 15 days in jail. Six other people got ten-day jail terms and 3,500-ruble fines.

10-15days in jail, and a 3,500 ruble fine is worth protesting for something you believe in.

3,500.00 RUB=135.970 USD

In that photo where they have a man/woman? shoved on a car I swear that one cop looks like hes getting off on it sexually.

Violence against pot protesters? About the LEAST likely segment of humanity to get nasty. Wierd & wrong. If Russia took the Dutch route, then their economy would be boosted by many more tourists (Amsterdam is Lousy with pot-smoking tourists).

drew345 said:
damn russia is a brutal country
no shit? And I thought it was "all good in the hood" when the Berlin wall came down and Soviet Communism eventually crumbled as well.. No?

America isn't that much better when it comes to drug laws/enforcement.(some say worse), not just for drugs either, but things like 1st ammendment rights and all that "Constitutional Bullshit" that no one seems to know exists anymore.

what a terrible thing and MISTAKE the "red brigade" there.

dapurpman said:
thats just wrong. im sure russia has advertisements for alcohol n' they dont consider those "propagandizing drug abuse". more power to the protesters! i salute ye

you ever turn on tv in america, or open a magazine or drive down a highway?

our gov't is all anti-drugs. yet there are ads for alcoholic beverages everywhere you look, on buses, in magazines, on commercials, on the radio, on website ads, on t-shirts, on tattoos on that one girls back who you woke up laying next to somehow you had forgotten by the morning with the sun burning its sober rays into your heavy ached head that one day last week after i got home really drunk late after work and slept with some random slut i met on the way home from the liqour store.

wait what was i talking about?

ALL YOUR BRAINS ARE BELONG TO US!

or so it would seem...

:\