• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Morphine Withdrawel or ??????

Princessruby

Greenlighter
Hi there, I have been experiencing a high fever with really bad cramps. I'm suspecting its WD and if so will stick it out at home or the other choice is ER which I'm not so inclined to do but your thoughts and opinions are welcome. So let me set this up for you-

I've been on Oxycodone for past 6 years which I used to take 3/5mg (15mgs) every 4 hours. The doctor is trying to lower me down and has now got me on 1/15mg Morphine ER every 12 hours with 2/5mg (10mgs) Oxy every 6 hours for break through.

To give the condensed version I haven't been following directions to well and I ran out of the oxy 1 week before I could refill. I then replaced them with taking 2 of the morphine's in the morning, one in the afternoon and one in the evening so that amounts to 60mgs a day to lesson any WD symptoms from the oxy. I was able to pick up my oxy on Friday and I went back to my normal 2 morphine tabs a day (and the intention to start following dr's instruction on the oxy 10mg every 6 hours)

On Sunday night out of nowhere I began having a very high temperature of 101.7 with no other symptoms. Monday I began having really bad stomach cramps along with the high fever and I'm not sure if all of this is WD? I'm a little worried that what if something more serious may be going on but I'm reluctant to go to the emergency room because they might find out that I've been messing around with my meds.

I've had withdrawal symptoms before on oxy and it was totally different than what is going on now, I first started out sneezing and got really congested as if I had a cold but no high fever like I'm experiencing now. Last night I woke up and my clothing and comforter were drenched with sweat. I'm not sure what to do.
So basically I went from 85mgs mixed, to 60mgs a day morphine only for 1 week, and then back to 85mgs mixed. I shouldn't be going through WD correct?

Any advice? Help!

Last edited:
I have been through withdrawals dozens of time and not one time did I have a fever. Go to the doctor.

101f is not a very high temperature that is borderline... sometimes when I am in intense withdrawal pain my temp will go up to between 99 and 101 but I would still see a doc if you are that worried or go higher