• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Morphine vs Hydrocodone

tommygirl

Bluelighter
One of my first posts here was asking advice about getting sick from 30 mg of morphine. But fast forward a few years and recently I was popping hydrocodone like candy, up to 12 pills at a time on occasion. My online research indicates that hydrocodone and morphine are considered equivalent dosage wise so I'm wondering if the reason I haven't been getting sick from the hydrocodone is because of my body reacting differently to the 2 drugs or because of the tolerance I've built up? I'm about to test it out since you just took morphine again for the first time in awhile but I'd like to know what y'alls experience with the difference between different opioids has been.

12 pills at 5 mg. So 60 mg total. Not feeling much of anything good or bad from the morphine so far so thinking I'm going to take another 15 mg pill. That will bring me up to 45 mg which is the most morphine I've ever had at one time.

Is this morphine instant or extended release?
Is the hydro cut with apap like tylenol or the like?
Morphine is not that great at bioavailability like ~30% absorption or something. Maybe try looking what can help absorption otherwise most is lost. Be careful, please?
Ptah

Instant release morphine. The hydro did have acetaminophen in it as well.

The hydro did have acetaminophen
Yeah be careful not to get sick as fuck from too much of that it is nasty, ime. Just not recommended. Would be best to separate and the information is out there (here somewhere) to accomplish this feat.
I would rather the morphine as it is cleaner and more effective at pain management but thats me.
Again, please be careful... that apap sickness is super hard on the body.
Maybe someone else will chime in... kr maybe he is awesome with giving information iirc love that dude
Love always,

I didn't know potentiating really made that much of a difference, will have to try some things. For now I think I'm starting to feel pleasantly slowed down and tingly numb. Still have the toothache I started with though but it's getting better.

Is it possible to be high on an opioid but at the same time be in pain? Or would any pain you might have completely go away before the high comes on?

Personally I prefer naproxen sodium for pain. I believe it to be more effective. Toothache? Try an aspirin on the tooth... let it melt on the tooth nd disolve. It is nasty but effective, ime.

Still not really feeling anything except the remnants of a toothache and I'm very sleepy. Was really hoping for more than just a good night's sleep but I haven't had one of those for awhile so I guess I should be grateful.

Next time I'm going to pretreat any actual pain with aspirin before I pop the morphine, I think that will make for a more enjoyable experience.

Is it possible to be high on an opioid but at the same time be in pain? Or would any pain you might have completely go away before the high comes on?
Yes, opioids can be quite shit for pain ime. Especially things like tooth ache and other nerve pains. I find NSAIDs to work much better. Even after a hefty dose of codeine/morphine I'd find my self taking ibuprofen.

And now I'm feeling nauseous 🤢 like last time I took morphine. Lovely. 🙄 I was able to eat my usual bowl of cereal for breakfast though and keeping it down so far. Don't get why there's such a difference but I definitely prefer Hydrocodone all the way around.

Yep, just like my last morphine experience, ended up puking. 🤮 It's weird how the sickness doesn't come until the next morning almost like a hangover.

So to summarize I would say that for me the difference between the two opioids is MASSIVE. The Vicodin is awesome, relieves pain, gives me a nice buzz and still feel good the next day with no nausea. The morphine is the exact opposite, worse than useless, doesn't help with pain or get me high, and makes me feel like I've got food poisoning the day after. Strange how a body can react so differently to two medications in the same drug class.

I have 3 morphine pills left but don't know if I even want to bother taking them. Probably not unless someone can suggest something to make me less sick and/or more buzzed with them. Does that nausea and vomiting go away eventually if you keep taking it and build up tolerance?