• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Morphine IR questions

Sounds like morphine may just not be your thing. Could be wise to save those receptors for real pain.
Kind of sad that I didn't really get the effects I wanted. Opioids have always been this thing I wanted to try because of the crazy high I hear so much about.
Thought opioid highs were universal, or whatever the word might be for it.
 
Sounds like morphine may just not be your thing.

This is a very real possibility and I suspect a lot of people are disappointed when they first take opiates - even up to IV heroin - the first time expecting some sought of super orgasmic rush. I'm sure that rush exists for some people but there's plenty who don't get that feeling and wonder "what's the big deal?". There is another category, however, which I personally fall into, which I call 'relative euphoria', or 'euphoria from negation of suffering'.

I knew the first time around I took morphine (orally, but still enough to make me puke) that I had just crossed a line, marking a profound before/after stage in my life. It was every bit as life changing as some of the most powerful psychedelic trips I've taken (although in a very different way).

Taking opiates for the first time (and many, many times after) felt like putting down a very heavy backpack filled with lead that I never even knew I was carrying. I've suffered from chronic low mood disorder since my early teens so I've never been happy go lucky even at the best of times, but that first morphine experience had me feeling like I belonged in this world and so did every other thing. I have never been able to capture anything close to that feeling on any other substance, or any other lifestyle. It was a revelation and it made me aware that there were different states of being which humans could experience which were at once radically different from my daily mind state and yet not accompanied by any psychedelic 'visuals' or obvious, flashy distortions of our regular perception.

I think I wrote this before here on BL years ago, but for a small number of people opiates are almost mystical in their effects.

Having said that....

Upshot: I've been a heavy daily user for more than 15 years, have lost jobs and relationships, and have damaged my health by not always being properly hygienic when shooting up. I no longer experience the positive, mystucal effects that I did in the early days. I just experience a personal hell if I go into withdrawal. I just added this as a counterpoint in case it sounded like I was making opiates sound tempting for any depressed folks out there. It isn't a magic panacea and it doesn't work as I described for plenty of people even if they do feel depressed, isolated, disillusioned, etc. This was merely my experience.

Take care, OP.
 
This is a very real possibility and I suspect a lot of people are disappointed when they first take opiates - even up to IV heroin - the first time expecting some sought of super orgasmic rush. I'm sure that rush exists for some people but there's plenty who don't get that feeling and wonder "what's the big deal?". There is another category, however, which I personally fall into, which I call 'relative euphoria', or 'euphoria from negation of suffering'.

I knew the first time around I took morphine (orally, but still enough to make me puke) that I had just crossed a line, marking a profound before/after stage in my life. It was every bit as life changing as some of the most powerful psychedelic trips I've taken (although in a very different way).

Taking opiates for the first time (and many, many times after) felt like putting down a very heavy backpack filled with lead that I never even knew I was carrying. I've suffered from chronic low mood disorder since my early teens so I've never been happy go lucky even at the best of times, but that first morphine experience had me feeling like I belonged in this world and so did every other thing. I have never been able to capture anything close to that feeling on any other substance, or any other lifestyle. It was a revelation and it made me aware that there were different states of being which humans could experience which were at once radically different from my daily mind state and yet not accompanied by any psychedelic 'visuals' or obvious, flashy distortions of our regular perception.

I think I wrote this before here on BL years ago, but for a small number of people opiates are almost mystical in their effects.

Having said that....

Upshot: I've been a heavy daily user for more than 15 years, have lost jobs and relationships, and have damaged my health by not always being properly hygienic when shooting up. I no longer experience the positive, mystucal effects that I did in the early days. I just experience a personal hell if I go into withdrawal. I just added this as a counterpoint in case it sounded like I was making opiates sound tempting for any depressed folks out there. It isn't a magic panacea and it doesn't work as I described for plenty of people even if they do feel depressed, isolated, disillusioned, etc. This was merely my experience.

Take care, OP.
Hey man, thank you for telling your story about it.
Yeah, I got anxiety and depression on top of bipolar.
So I'm in a low mood all the time, if I don't have mania that is. I am at that point where I say, "Fuck it, let me have some fun instead of this sad shit; at least if I die, I die feeling great", so I try everything I can get my hands on. Lyrica is basically the only magic thing that works great for me for highs. I get happier, euphoria, and finally no anxiety, and I know Lyrica is for nerve pain, so I was thinking, if Lyrica works for me, I couldn't imagine how great opioids would feel.

But now, reading what you said and what a lot of other people have said about opioids, I am also happy in a sense that morphine didn't have that effect on me.
 
Crazy high from opiates could be considered some kind of modern myth. Only small fraction of population will like heroin from the first go.
Most people are going to say something similar: I've expected much more from it.
My first impression from heroin was surprise how uninteresting and not very pleasant it is.
But make no mistake: you can develop habit and dependency on it even when you do not like it very much. Just repeated use is enough.
 
It is certainly a more subtle buzz than say alcohol! Your brain still works for the most part and you still have control of your body. Any psychedelic is gunna fuck you up more. It isn't what alot of ppl sell it as..

haha almost like benzos where you gotta be a little 'fucked up' to enjoy it. No release of anxiety/pain no soul to the buzz?

Lol to be honest morphine (Opiates) were kind of a pot enhancer that got a bit out of control.
 
It is certainly a more subtle buzz than say alcohol! Your brain still works for the most part and you still have control of your body. Any psychedelic is gunna fuck you up more. It isn't what alot of ppl sell it as..

haha almost like benzos where you gotta be a little 'fucked up' to enjoy it. No release of anxiety/pain no soul to the buzz?

Lol to be honest morphine (Opiates) were kind of a pot enhancer that got a bit out of control.
Damn, I again must say I thought opioids would be more heavy hitting compared to alcohol. I feel like all the things I read and heard about is getting turned upside down now.

Morphine a pot enhancer you say 🤔
Gonna try that sometime, and I guess even a small dose of Morphine would be more than enough of you vape a good concentrate of the Zaza/pot.
 
is liquid morphine safe to do rectally? or is it going to cause some irritation/extra constipation? i am trying to figure out how to use this 30ml bottle of 20mg/ml morphine and i saw this thread so thought i would try it out. i have another thread active about this as well as the other things i have (dilaudid 2mg and oxy IR 10s and 30s), please advise if you can cuz i feel really good off 40mg oxy (normal dose is 25mg for pain) but morphine i feel like might not be strong enough. please advise!
 
Well, I think you would do well to begin by reading about each of the excipients in case one is known to be prolematic in that, ahem, region.

But rectal morphine has a far higher bioavailability and if it's anything like the Oramorph in the UK, it seems H users use it that way as their 'plan B' but be very, very careful as onset can be very fast indeed. Remember, you can always take a bit more, you cannot on reflection descide that a bit less might have been the better option.

Stay safe, don't use alone, ensure whoever is with you knows what you are doing and ideally ensure they have naloxone to hand.
 
Damn, I again must say I thought opioids would be more heavy hitting compared to alcohol. I feel like all the things I read and heard about is getting turned upside down now.

Morphine a pot enhancer you say 🤔
Gonna try that sometime, and I guess even a small dose of Morphine would be more than enough of you vape a good concentrate of the Zaza/pot.

Ehh using opioids as a pot enhancer probably isnt a brilliant idea. You may wanna start with like hydrocodone if you can get ahold of it -- higher bioavailability, like 3 7.5's had me runnin behind the shed to puke when I first started. (watch the tylenol content)

But it was very very pleasant for me and started down a road I probably should have avoided that ended in in a sub clinic so be careful out there!
 
Opiates are an acquired taste for most people.
They’re gentle you’re in control your mind is “sober” that’s their appeal.

Weed gets me paranoid anxious.
Alcohol makes me fucked up and I don’t enjoy the buzz nor the hangover.
Benzos makes me sleepy and also relief me from anxiety.
Psychedelics fuck my mind.
Opiates I feel good my mind is good I’m comfortable in my own skin , that’s really you’re comfortable in your own skin you have pleasurable moments with euphoria you can work chill or do whatever , you can get fucked up but that isn’t so desirable about them cause you’ll get nausea and just a numb feeling, there’s no hangover except if you go overboard and even then it’s minuscule compared to alcohol.

But they really are an acquired taste first few times you really don’t know what’s happening and one day boom you’ll feel the greatest feeling in the world no problems lots of euphoria and body high and then if you using often you’ll never get that feeling again I mean you can come close but if you’re using everyday or even every week you’ll not , and you can’t just use them just once every week, I mean you can but not for long sooner or later one a week becomes twice and then 3 days then 4 days then everyday then multiple times a day.

If you continue to try getting High of morphine you’ll develop a taste for it.
 
Top