• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Misc Morphine, Diazepam, Cyclizine and Promethazine

Sk1500

Bluelighter
Hi all,

Don't want to do anything silly so best place for advise as reading through lots of posts, on a browse, there's definitely a lot of people with far more experience and scientific know-how.

My weekly prescription is:

Oramorph 520ml (1040mg)
Diazepam 5mg x 56
Cyclizine, think there 50mg (but ran out) x 21

Plus....daily

Venlafaxine 75mg
Levothyroxine 125mcg

Also started Poppy Pod Tea, just started, low dose 10 grams and don't take with Oramorph, I wait until feels like the PPT has worn off before touching the Oramorph. Literally 1st successful try today and will probably only do few times a week, got ½kg (1lb), felt it for maybe 3 or 4 hours.

Just went food shopping and noticed Phenegran (Promethazine Hydrochloride) 56 x 25mg tablets. Remember seeing somewhere on here before. Curiosity took best of me, so bought a box.

The morphine and diazepam are fine together. The Cyclizine definitely potentiates it and means I actually feel the Oramorph much quicker. I find that when I just take the Oramorph and diazepam I usually only notice it late at night. Unless I have the Cyclizine as well, which I do run out of by day 3-5.

Was wondering what would happen if I added the promethazine in as well, does it potentiate? I probably wouldn't take when I have Cyclizine.

I realise that there are some potentially risky combinations. Is the promethazine worth taking or is that too much? I'd like to feel the effects of the morphine and diazepam quicker but obviously don't want to do anything too risky.

Any advice on safety, potentiation tips etc would be appreciated. Obviously safety is 1st

Thanks my friends

Yes promethazine will potentiate everything else as well as contribute more to respiratory depression. Personally I don't have any experience with promethazine, maybe someone else can chime in.

Do take caution here as you are stacking several strong CNS depressants which can lead to anything from unwanted over-sedation to fatal overdoses. Potentiating downers with other downers is innately dangerous, as you know.

Also, be most careful with poppy tea! Potency is extremely variable and this could easily lead to an overdose if unlucky. One batch of pods might be anywhere from 10x-100x more potent than your last batch.

Looks like you're aware of the dangerous zone you're dipping your toes into, which is good.

Wish I could advise more on prometh, but alas, I've only done it a couple times.

My experience with mixing several downers has been precarious. In fact most of my overdoses were combining multiple drugs thinking I was safe because I kept the dose low, but I wasn't. It sneaks up on you.

Yes promethazine will potentiate everything else as well as contribute more to respiratory depression. Personally I don't have any experience with promethazine, maybe someone else can chime in.

Do take caution here as you are stacking several strong CNS depressants which can lead to anything from unwanted over-sedation to fatal overdoses.
For me personally Pomathizine did potentiate any opiate i took with it in this case H and codeine and also made me wake up at night with breathing problems or the feeling of not getting enough oxygen in, anyhow just be carerful of the maximum dose you take with the rest of the meds and see how they react together. Best of luck

Regards
CoffeeShroom

Ok thanks for the replies, I'll possibly try when I'm doing slightly lower dose of Oramorph and diazepam on a day, no cyclizine or tea that day either.

I have been getting low blood oxygen saturation levels at night, not massively but averaging 93-95%, with lows of 87-90%. I've got a finger oximeter which tracks through the night on my phone and beeps to wake me up if falls under 91%.

Possibly not risk it until my levels improve I'm thinking.

Thanks people 👍

I have been getting low blood oxygen saturation levels at night, not massively but averaging 93-95%, with lows of 87-90%. I've got a finger oximeter which tracks through the night on my phone and beeps to wake me up if falls under 91%.
Have you spoken to a doctor about this? I'm not sure if that's a minor issue or something to be very concerned about - but personally I would be very worried about that.

I've had "soft-ODs" in which people have told me I was in agonal breathing and turning blue in my sleep, but I woke up fine and wouldn't have ever known that happened without them telling me later the next day.

I'm glad you have that app, could be a life saver.

Do you have any conditions that might impact your oxygen like lung problems? Do you exercise? just curious

I'm waiting to be seen by the sleep clinic, down as urgent but as its NHS could still take time.

Normally I'm averaging 95-96%, with lows of 92 or 93. Obviously not brilliant but not bad bad. I just don't want to possibly put something else in which lands me in trouble!!!! Resting heart rate is about 60, with drops to 50ish, I'm not fit enough for that to be a good thing lol.

I've bought a sleep apnea pillow which raises and supports the neck, I'm a side sleeper, so even though I haven't thrown up in night it shouldn't be an issue anyway.

It's the days where I have had 200mg oramorph, 50mg diazepam and cyclizine where It has dropped more. So being more sensible and Cyclizine massively potentiates for me, far more than DXM etc

I'm falling asleep easily but do wake up every 90 minutes-2 hours, plus had times, when I first changed from 120mg co-codomal to 180mg Morphine (gp error I think- June this year), falling asleep downstairs in the laundry room or leaning against the kitchen counter, having somehow made coffee and finding a stone cold cup, which I'd added mayonnaise too 😅.

The oximeters which track your SPo2 and heart rate, with phone app and alarm are perfect, with alarm, only a few out on the market though but would recommend highly anyone taking either a very strong CNS depressant or multiple CNS depressants, get. Can get for £19 but that extra £5-10 we'll worth it.

Have you spoken to a doctor about this? I'm not sure if that's a minor issue or something to be very concerned about - but personally I would be very worried about that.

I've had "soft-ODs" in which people have told me I was in agonal breathing and turning blue in my sleep, but I woke up fine and wouldn't have ever known that happened without them telling me later the next day.

I'm glad you have that app, could be a life saver.

Do you have any conditions that might impact your oxygen like lung problems? Do you exercise? just curious
I don't have any lung problems? I've had pneumonia before but apart from that.

I haven't exercised in ages. I do need to but mentally I'm a mess this year.

(11 year relationship break up which messy and I've got a 9 year old son with her and to be as nice as possible she's bipolar and hard hard work............ I've gone forward to the police about serious offences against me 2001-2003, not sexual but very messed up and affected my whole life literally........Plus worst of all my absolute best friend, only 'regular day to day friend' for past 20 years, spent at least 20 hours a week at his house for 6 or 7 years and dozens of messages every day, committed suicide by jumping in front of a train, never expected it and has ruined me (that was in June). I suffer with major depression and anxiety anyway. I know exercise would help but can't manage it at the moment, genuinely.

Today I've posted in several places regarding cyclizine. It is VERY bad news. It's occasionally encountered as part of a cocktail called Cyclone. Back in the 80s people would crush together Physeptone (methadone tablets) & Valoid (cyclizine tablets) and shoot them. The results, as witnessed by me as someone just in the same room were FRIGHTENING. HR agencies picked up on that and now methadone linctus is given to people in substitution therapy. Unfortunately, someone discovered that injecting cyclizine after oral methadone produced much the same results.

I think the most destructive drug use I have ever seen is in junkies who, having run out of opioids, would shoot cyclizine.... 1 or 2 tablets (1 or 2 Ml barrels) every 30 minutes. Seizures, delusions, psychosis, heart failure, suicide, fatal accidents and all manner of terrible things happen. I do not mean 'MIGHT'. They do., always.

It's never taken hold because only the most desperate would even contemplate it and also because users rarely last long enough to 'show off' their amazing find.

Just went food shopping and noticed Phenergan (Promethazine Hydrochloride) 56 x 25mg tablets. Remember seeing somewhere on here before. Curiosity took best of me, so bought a box.
You must not live in the US I wish they were OTC here! Oh well atleast I'm prescribed to them! They help me a lot especially my nausea, and anxiety!

For me personally Pomathizine did potentiate any opiate i took with it in this case H and codeine and also made me wake up at night with breathing problems or the feeling of not getting enough oxygen in, anyhow just be carerful of the maximum dose you take with the rest of the meds and see how they react together. Best of luck

Regards
CoffeeShroom
I've read promethazine may also bind to mu, kappa, and delta opioid receptors. I doubt that they actually do, or with much affinity atleast, but they definitely potentiate opioids.

You must not live in the US I wish they were OTC here! Oh well atleast I'm prescribed to them! They help me a lot especially my nausea, and anxiety!
Yeah, no I'm in England. Totally forgot I had them, not sure I should have now or not. It's nearly 1am and really struggling mainly life but definitely drugs too.

Crazy when you compare the 2 countries and see what's OTC in the US and here. You definitely get a lot more stuff that's either OTC or that your docs gonna prescribe there. I'm surprised that there not OTC over there.

I feel sober, I've had an average day but looking through my daily drug diary I've had.

-90g pods (legal shop bought, ordered another 2kg (4.4lb) today which'll probably arrive tomorrow. Nice giant pods and cost $87..... plus got another 8kg (17.6lbs)& already.

-70ml/140mg Oramorph (doc prescribed & free)

-40mg Diazepam (prescribed/free)

-500mg GABA (shop bought-1st time)

-8mg Reboxetine (think that's illegal in US)

-10mg Propranolol (prescribed)

-Agmatine Sulphate 1000mg

-Magnesium Glycinate 500mg

-Ashwagandha 1200mg

-L-theanine 400mg

-Lemon Balm 1500mg

-Diphenhydramine

Not sure where the Promethazine is definitely got some. I know I preferred Cyclizine but I seem to get a tolerance so quickly I'll only have few times a month, plus they come in boxes of 100.

Might get some Promethazine tomorrow 🤔. I'm cutting down a lot on what I take of the opiates and Diazepam (on 40mg a day but doesn't do much so I'm trying to take 15 or 20mg a day and see if I can try to lower my tolerance and save up for desperation. That's also why I'm taking quite a lot of different supplements to help lower the amount of opiates needed.