View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

morphine and shrooms

neurotic

Bluelighter
so im gonna be tripping on shrooms tonight, and im considering - just considering - taking a fat 30mg morphine shot a little before eating them, just to put me in a good and chilled out mood before the trip.

i don't think it will dull the trip, as you see, IV morphine is just the rush and then no high whatsoever, but it does lift my mood a little right after, which would be good, though not really necessary.

thoughts?

as i said i don't know if i'll do it, so i'd like to hear what you guys think

Just because you don't quite feel the lingering opiate warmth when compared to down or oxy doesn't mean it isn't still affecting your body.
It may dull the trip, some people say opiates dull psychedelic experiences, but I have taken heroin while doing 2c-p as I often get headaches when I do psychedelics and it didn't dull my trip at all.
It made me very calm and relaxed and aside from being a bit more nauseous during the come up it was very pleasant.

I'd rather do them separately personally. I'd do a nice shot of morphine tonight and then take some shrooms tomorrow night, but that's just me. I've shot heroin on acid trips and it definitely kind of overpowered the cid and just felt like a trippy nod.

nice points raised guys

well if i do it i'll make sure it's at least 30 mins before i even prepare to eat the shrooms. im gonna be doing 3 or 4gs so i don't think it'll make any difference at the peak of the trip.

but thinkin further, i don't think i'll do it... i already shot a bunch of morphine today and i'm not really a regular IVer so may be i could forget about one last shot...

i'll see how i feel at the time anyway... i'm very excited about this trip!

thanks guys

Personally I don't find downers to dull mushrooms at all. But then again I do appreciate and understand that they certainly can "drown" the psychedelic effects, destroying your chances of getting the richest experience out of the mushroom available. Some people fast, eat vegetarian & organic, meditate, and fill their head with natural images and videos for days before a trip. This is great for the 'life changing spiritual experience' or just basic 'psychic cleanup' type trip.

However for recreation, euphoria, and enjoyment I personally do like a relaxing substance such as an opiate or even benzo (I don't use them anymore, addiction potential is through the roof). If you don't dose too much downer it makes the trip sublime I find. Finding a good ratio is key.

Sounds like you were already using quite a bit of morphine so the trip may be dulled do to that alone regardless whether you use more. Or perhaps the mushrooms will clear up any downer fog and shed some light on your IV opiate use.

yeah im setting up my place right now for the trip... choose to go with 4 grams, and i won't shoot up before the trip. i just don't feel like it, got a feel as if it will spoil the experience, which is not goin to be for 'recreation'. my aim really is self-exploration and just like you very well put... 'psychic cleanup'...

tho i can't promise i won't do a shot after the trip, i'll do if i feel like it by then

thanks for the concern Raj... but i tell ya i'm not a big opiophile. i just got my hands on a bunch of morphine and been playing with it lately, it is not something i do commonly at all.

peace

yeah im setting up my place right now for the trip... choose to go with 4 grams, and i won't shoot up before the trip. i just don't feel like it, got a feel as if it will spoil the experience, which is not goin to be for 'recreation'. my aim really is self-exploration and just like you very well put... 'psychic cleanup'...

tho i can't promise i won't do a shot after the trip, i'll do if i feel like it by then

thanks for the concern Raj... but i tell ya i'm not a big opiophile. i just got my hands on a bunch of morphine and been playing with it lately, it is not something i do commonly at all.

peace

Have a good trip man. I think you made the right decision. What kind of morphine did u get btw?

30mg instant release pills, dissolve easily in water

oh and thanks man!

I think it would be a nice,mellow trip but if all you,ve got is enough for 1 shot I would personally save it fot the comedown so the shrooms wouldn't overpower a good shot of morphine.That's just me though.When I used to trip I always liked having opiates or some other downer for the come down to kinda smooth it out.