• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Morphine and Kratom

Snacos

Greenlighter
This is my first post, though I have lurked a while. I am currently prescribed 60 mg MS Contin twice a day with 2 mg of dilaudid one or twice a day as need for breakthrough pain. Most bbn of the time I plug the MS Contin (no judgment please) and snort the dilly. Anyway - I fucked up and used everything up three days before refill. I bought some white Maeng Da yesterday to help with withdrawal (now wish I went with green or red, but it was my first time). It's helping. Tomorrow is refill day. My question is if I plug 30 mg tomorrow morning around 10 am, will the kratom fuck me up in a BAD way? Will it potentiate the morphine?

Hope to hear from someone.

You may or may not have problems. Personally kratom seems to block other opiates and if it doesn't block them it makes me feel sick when combined.

That's just me and since your only other choice is to wait until you are in withdrawal and then dose you'll probably be better off just trying a bit of morphine.

No judgement, but I'd re think the usage (been stuck waiting for refills). Kratom would best be used as needed, from popular reports.

I have my refill and I have taken my dose, but I am still a bit shaky. I got very sick last night, which I assume was a combo of withdrawal and taking too much kratom. I have no doubt that using kratom in a well researched and planned manner can be a good way to get through withdrawal. Instead, I panicked and bought the wrong strain from the closest place I could get it. I definitely do not recommend that approach. Anyway, I thank you for taking the time to respond. The worst is definitely over!! : )

I'm a lifer on the opie's and I'm 50. I got absolutely positively no use for kratom. Sad truth is save your money and find a bag or two.

^Kratom has its uses and can definitely help with withdrawal even from a decent dope habit. It's not exactly good harm reduction to recommend to people that instead of getting one of the safest opioids they should instead get one of the most dangerous opioids.

Do research, find a decent strain and try. Many folks swear by it. Try it, but everybody is different. Read up some threads.