we are
awake.

in afterglow, the words you spoke
emerged in luminescent bubbles
that begged to freeze and shatter,
sounds emerging only
as they broke.

spinkle 2004

Simultaneously beautiful and sexy, my nigga, :)

Great stuff, particularly the part about my shaft. :)

nice to see someone posting in here who knows how much you can accomplish with a line break. :)

hell, this is the best poem i've seen in the words forum for a long time. thanks for sharing, spinkle. :)

LL, how could i not mention it? i try and involve your unit in all of my poems, sometimes it's too hard to fit it in.

Those are fine compliments, mealltach, thanks very much =)

;) you should bring your words in here more often.. their amazing....

long time no talk:)

*puts his stamp of approval on document*

Damn spinkle, I've told you before dude, you're fucking awesome heh. I never realized after all this time of talking to you that you were actually REALLY REALLY good at this. You never bothered to show me any of your stuff till recently.

I'm jealous now man!! I've told you tons of times how much I wish I were good at art!! ;) All this time I been askin you about advice for girls(and after reading this poem, rightfully so lol), and I should've been askin you to teach me you're insane writing skills. I'd like so hear some of your songs sometime now too. Looks like I know who I'll be PMing now if I run into problems in my next English course hehe. Anyways, I really like this one. I'll talk to ya soon maybe...

Sorry but one more thing...

heh, I just read it one more time....dude this poem is very good. If someone else submitted it I'd probably think they copied it from somewhere else. You need to try and make some sort of money doing this hehe. You should take you and your guitar onto def poetry on HBO hehe. I've only seen a couple of episodes but I really liked what I saw. Alright later now

wow, phenomenal praise, everyone, thank you so much =D i'm thrilled this piece has drawn such a strong response; i was extemely happy with it when I finished working on it (as Resque mentioned, it's not quite done by *one* word) but i couldn't have predicted how many people it would resonate with.

thanks again =D

This most definitely deserves to go in the Best of Bluelight.

I love you, Spinkle :) <3