• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Human Interest More teenagers dying from fentanyl. ‘It has a hold on me, and I don’t know why’

Ahh… interesting. In the last 5yrs the fentanyl epidemic has skyrocketed, US has withdrawn from Afghanistan and now UK heroin has halved in price??

To me that halving of prices is their way of trying to retain what customer base they have left. When a good portion of your customers are lost to fentanyl you’ve gotta do anything you can to keep who you have. Especially when fentanyl is dirt cheap.

One more thing that tells me I’m probably right.

-GC
I would imagine they are competing for dealers more than customers. You can buy a brick of fetty for 8-10k, a brick of heroin for 60-80k. What kind of dealer would ever choose dope?

It always blows my mind the people that prefer "fetty" to dope, in terms both in terms of high and staying well

I would imagine they are competing for dealers more than customers. You can buy a brick of fetty for 8-10k, a brick of heroin for 60-80k. What kind of dealer would ever choose dope?

It always blows my mind the people that prefer "fetty" to dope, in terms both in terms of high and staying well

I guess what I mean by customer base is anyone not producing the drug, so dealers would be included. You’re right tho, when a dealer is trying to make money which will they choose?

The unfortunate thing in this situation is the fact that unlike say MDMA, which often has RC mimics, there’s a tolerance factor in play. It only takes a couple bad apples to start selling fentanyl and pretty soon peoples tolerances are up to a point where everyone else has to follow suit or lose their clientele.

It’s really only a matter of time for other areas.

But… I feel there is hope. Like what we are seeing right now with cocaine. Cocaine was getting trampled by meth but producers and dealers alike have began not cutting it at all to try and bring cocaine back up where it used to be.

If Heroin wants to survive they need to sell pure as possible product in hopes that a certain client base finds it worth using over “fetty.”

I’ll agree, I cannot fathom how people prefer it to heroin. I’d rather be on maintenance drugs then shitty fentanyl, I get a better buzz from Bupe honestly.

-GC