Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

moral question/ cutting gel tabs

squirrel_girl

Bluelighter
hi,
I have some friends who want to try acid for the first time. i told them i could get it for them bc i have a reliable dealer and i dont want them doing shitty acid. The tabs I get are 200ugs. my friends all said they are going to take the full tab, but i know from experience and from the experience of many people i know that taking 200ugs the first time is not the move. i've tried to tell them this but they won't listen.
i know its not rly my place, but since im getting them the acid i feel responsible. i am wondering if it would be completely wrong of me to cut the tabs in half and just not tell them.
the other half of my question is how i can cut gel tabs in half so that they seem like full tabs? i feel like they expect them to be square and if i cut them in half they will not be.

i guess i could also just let them do the 200ugs but esp since the kind of people they are i rly do not think it is a good idea...

thanks for your opinions and help :)

**also in terms of money its like 2 buck difference so it's not like im ripping them off at all...i'd be making like 8 bucks (if i'm not allowed to say this someone lmk and i'll delete, sorry!)

All you can really do is inform them and let them do as they please. If you really wanted you could cut them down, I doubt they would notice or care, have they seen the tabs before to know what to compare it to?

Worth asking, would you feel equally responsible if one turned out to be a lightweight and got way more effect than they were expecting? What if you dose them too low and they're underwhelmed? Things to consider

FYI no price discussion is allowed, but FWIW if you're making that much per tab you're definitely ripping someone off lol

i think they know tabs are supposed to be square, they aren't babies but they just havent done acid before. i think 100ug as a first time is plenty...at least in my experience. like my first time was 100ug and my mind was broken apart.
i also think dosing too low is much better than dosing too high...my 3rd or 4th trip i took 200ug and it was still too intense even tho i'd tripped a few times before.

ik im not their parents n they should do what they want but i've had bad trips before and i do not want other ppl to do that to themselves when it is so easily preventable...and when i am the one whos fault it will be / who will be culpable

and i meant 8 dollars in total and i'm getting it for 4 people! (so not a big price difference) im not trying to rip them off at all

**i'll delete the price stuff once you see if, just don't want u thinking im trying to rip them off

You could just be honest. Cut all the tabs into triangles and give them two each. Strongly advise them to take only one triangle or to take one and wait an hour before taking the second. That way if they felt they were going to be overwhelmed they could just stick with the one. You can't control for idiots so there will always be an element of risk. If you're so concerned you could give them the stuff and leave them to it, and tell them the deal is that if they f*ck up you are entitled to lie and deny any knowledge to law enforcement or whoever they get into trouble with.

Probably best to avoid the whole situation and take acid with sensible people who it will be fun to trip with. Though my mother would say that anyone who takes drugs is by definition not sensible ;-)

The main problem I see with cutting the tabs is that they'll think they took 200 mcg when they actually took less. That'll skew their dose-response understanding of what a tab can do. Cutting the tab might save them from taking more than they are capable of handling which is well intentioned but maybe a year from now they decide to take 600 mcg based on their understanding of what 200 mcg feels like and end up taking too much and freaking out.

If you cut the tab then you should represent the dosage accordingly (ex 150 mcg). There is nothing unethical about that in my opinion. If you can't do that then Iwouldn't cut the tab but would make sure that they understand that 200 mcg is an unusually strong tab and recommend they cut it. If they don't listen that's not your problem.

@squirrel
If you think they are vulnerable cut the tabs diagonally (corner to corner) and explain what you did to ensure the get the best 100ug first experience.
If they approach you later about it - then deal at that time.

Find a "middle-squirrel" to actually give them the drugs imho.

Yeah, IF any cutting is to be done, then morally you MUST tell them. You must give them the whole tab, divided if you feel you absolutely have to, and tell them it has been cut into two pieces to help them choose more freely the decision they make. Whether to take more later etc. Or, if they really are set on it, then they might want a solid experience. You cannot make choices for them against their will. And CERTAINLY not without their knowledge.

I don't see any ill in cutting them and handing over the container and tell them that each slice is one half a tab. But no price changes, (and IMO whilst there is a large free culture around, still, a little coverage of expenses, towards things like buying the next batch, just to avoid people being left out of pocket is fair conduct.

But if the tabs are 200 mics, and they want a tab, then 200 mics is what they are owed, ESPECIALLY if its paid for. And they deserve to know, they MUST be told that it has been cut into two halves for easier dosing. LSD acts quite quickly usually, so people wouldn't have to be waiting around ages wondering if its going to kick in or not, so if the idea is to avoid too much at once, then let the people taking it be the judge of how much is too much. They can always take the other half of the tab an hour or two later. Or all at once. That IS their prerogative and their right, their decision to make.

To sneak about cutting it in half and not telling them is WRONG WRONG FUCKING WRONG!!. It not only will cloud their minds as to how much acid does what, but is sneaky and dishonorable. What if they take 100ug thinking it to be twice that, and then thinking it not too heavy going, ends up taking a half milligram or more the next time, expecting the effects to be about twice what they took?

No. You cannot just sneak this past these people, or any other folk. Not and remain pure of heart.

No way to cutting tabs. Give your advice and let them make their own decision. If they bug out then you can say I told you so . Being deceitful during drug dealing is dangerous and not what a good friend should ever do ; whether you think its in their best interest or not!!!!

This is a tricky topic, a while back I got in a lot of trouble (not with the law, thankfully) for giving psychedelic drugs to friends who were simply not responsible/mature enough to be taking psychedelic drugs in the first place.

Personally, after that incident I just don't wanna be liable or feel guilty for someone else's actions under the influence of something I may have provided for them.

A much worse incident, a kid back in highschool got sold some mushrooms, ate way too many for his first time, ended up naked and trying to get into someones car in a nearby park. Cops picked him up, and he blabbed all about the dude who sold them to him.

I don't mean to scare you, most of the time its fine, and I understand wanting to share such a beautiful experience with your friends. But be wary, inexperienced people can do/say some crazy shit if they're tripping too hard, and will crack under the slightest pressure from LE, parents, school administrators, etc. I wouldn't wanna be involved in that situation.

If you're set on giving it to them, as most people have said, cut them in triangles and give them your spiel even if you've already given it to them. Better yet, just find someone else to provide it for them.

Last edited:
FYI no price discussion is allowed, but FWIW if you're making that much per tab you're definitely ripping someone off lol

Not mentioning prices but you are dead wrong it is very profitable from what I've seen. 500% profit is normal.

Not mentioning prices but you are dead wrong it is very profitable from what I've seen. 500% profit is normal.

I mean, no, I'm not. If they were buying at least quarter grams and selling hits then you'd be right, but there's no way that somebody who's asking these questions is working with those quantities, they're not really a dealer.

200 is nuts for anyone let alone a first timer. Unless they have experience with high dose shrooms they could end up in the hospital and guess who would get prosecuted for giving them drugs?

thanks for all your opinions. I'm going to warn them one last time (and maybe show them this where many other people have said 200ug is not the move) but give them the full tabs and hope they're ok.