⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Moore's Bush/Katrina Connection: Update- film: Katrina: The Wrath of Bush

AmorRoark said:
Because he knows he can trick the idiots of America into believing that all he puts forth in his film as fact because it says so on the box.

That says more about the people watching the film than it does about the person who made it.

I find him entertaining enough. TV Nation was a funny show, whoever said it sucked is just one of those poor empty souls that cannot appreciate the humor in cancer patients who lost their vocal chords using voice synthesizers to sing Christmas carols outside the corporate offices of various cigarette companies. I also remember a flat-bed truck full of port-a-potties and a guy in a chicken suit. Good shit. :D

Someone needs to silence that fat-obnoxious-poorly-groomed-bearded-fuck. I respect people opinios of the government and everything and Im not for or againsit the Bush Administration, but some people just need to STFU.

Michael Moore; This ones for you:

dubya.jpg

ive noticed that when someone says that they think Moore is biased, people come back saying they are only dissing the liberal. It is possible to think that both sides create propaganda and spew bullshit left and right, but this thread is about michael moore. Some people like him and some people think hes a pompous jack ass. I think he is one of the many images of what is wrong with both parties: thinking that whatever your side says is absolutely right and whatever anyone else says is bullshit. We all know that the White House fed us lies, but that doesnt mean its right for Michael Moore to come out and try and pass on his views as facts. There were alot of facts in Farenheit 911, but alot of it and the way it was presented was slanted alot agaisnt the Republicans, the same way Fox does agains Democrates.

oh for fucks sake. i fucking hate michael moore - because he's an obnoxious douchebag - and the lounge is not the place for this because current events is better, or .. not at all.

too serious for this lounge! :p

dm3 said:
And as sick as I am of hearing people try and politicize this hurricane...
he's not politicising the hurricane - rather how we, as a nation, dealt with it. if that's not politics (and worth discussing), i don't know what is...

alasdair

alasdairm said:
he's not politicising the hurricane - rather how we, as a nation, dealt with it. if that's not politics (and worth discussing), i don't know what is...

alasdair

Well to me a lot of these errors, when compared against the Bush record, don't seem particularly egregious. Appointing unqualified people to political positions is not good, but it's certainly nothing new to politics. A sober, nonpolemic account of the history of bad appointments would be in order here than a 90 minute attack on Bush. The same goes for underfunding vital agencies. These errors do not seem unique to Bush. Some of these buearocratic failures stretch back for years (such as the failure to maintain the levys) and are not limited to one party. This is not to excuse Bush for the mistakes he's made, but just my view that a propaganda movie attacking Bush for this A) would not really be fair B) would not be as compelling, at least to me, as one attacking him for other failures unique to his administration (which are many).

If Moore was going to just sit back and say "hey, everybody fucked up" I'd say fine. But there is ZERO CHANCE he will do this.

dm3 said:
A sober, nonpolemic account of the history of bad appointments would be in order here than a 90 minute attack on Bush.

But no one would want to watch that because it would be fucking boring.

have you seen the movie, dm3?

i'll comment fully when i've seen it...

alasdair

the usa is constantly fed right-wing propaganda. perhaps to digest moore's opinions his films needed a little too, left-wing propaganda of course. anyway, at least left-wing propaganda is beneficial to all, not just the elites. people bitch because moore started the revival of feature film documentaries, and with all his faults he's at least opened the eyes of many to question what that are told by both the right and left, and that ain't bad.

on the film though, i can't see what the point is. bush can't run again and he could basically murder somebody on the primetime news (directly =D) and still not get indicted so it seems. it would be more worthwhile to do a doc on cheney, assuming he'll run in the next election.

silvia saint said:
...and with all his faults he's at least opened the eyes of many to question what that are told by both the right and left, and that ain't bad.
amen

alasdair

if nothing else im glad to see some mainstream documentaries. I'm a big fan of documentaries.

^
me too. i would so much rather watch something than read about it. i think moore is making people notice docs more for potential profits like you can now get 'the corporation' at blockbuster (movie pwns btw).

Last edited:
Just watched ...
Alex Jones - Martial Law - 911 Rise of the Police State 8(

It's a doc... *cough* ... docum ... ROFL =D

Some salient observations in his handycam effort ... he even tries to corner Michael Moore ... it's on E-Mule for those curious 8o

i accidentally downloaded a few of his movies a while ago. craziest shit ive ever heard, the guy is talking about henry kissenger performing satanic rituals at some boheminan grove conferance 8(

Curious ... he made comment of the skull and bones so i'm D/L-ing the rant of his [sorry documentary] you mention ... curious is all =D

Within the natural duality of the world, Alex Jones is radio's answer to Rush Limbaugh. His voice even sounds like him, and sometimes they are on such oppisite ends of the spectrum, that they fully come around and meet each other, spewing the same information. Has anyone ever seen his part in Waking Life, thats the best.
My brother has this theory that Alex Jones is put out there by the right to collect information on all the "questionables". You call in, you are put into a database and monitored. Just a theory . . . :\