Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Moldy changa

Motifoner

Bluelighter
Im fairly sure its not against the rules to ask,

Could you do a recrystalisation on moldy changa to kill off the contaminants? Obviously you'd be left with freebase, but would the solvents used kill the molds so that the xtals would be consumable? Tried searching around but no luck.

My guess is it would work to some extent but there might a lot of factors at play, such as the mold possibly surviving straight naptha, or even leaving behind an even more toxic residue(mold corpse).

I feel like my guess might be as god as it gets without trying, but some things you dont try :p

Its not the living mold I would worry about, but the toxins they leave behind.
My guess is though, that if you do a thorough recrystallisation on the extracted freebase and grow some nice big crystals, then there would be very little to worry about.

Its not the living mold I would worry about, but the toxins they leave behind.
My guess is though, that if you do a thorough recrystallisation on the extracted freebase and grow some nice big crystals, then there would be very little to worry about.

Yea true, cheers :)

Very hard to say:

- you should leave behind most of it through recrystallization but not necessarily mycotoxins etc depending on which one it is and the properties.. Most of the actual mold would not be carried along throughout A/B extraction steps, or even dissolve probably.
- same for pyrolysis or inability to be vaporized: it's likely the toxin in question doesn't survive the smoking but it's not entirely safe to assume, also depends on the properties.

Very hard to say:

- you should leave behind most of it through recrystallization but not necessarily mycotoxins etc depending on which one it is and the properties.. Most of the actual mold would not be carried along throughout A/B extraction steps, or even dissolve probably.
- same for pyrolysis or inability to be vaporized: it's likely the toxin in question doesn't survive the smoking but it's not entirely safe to assume, also depends on the properties.
Good point, it seems the answer could be made 100% in a lab environment but uhh, i dont have one of them.

I'll just avoid mold :D
Cheers Solipsis.

Not at all :) acid base extractions including recrystallization in the end are done all the time by people at home extracting the DMT from plant material... so not sure if you count a kitchen lab as a lab environment.. ;)
I will say though that I would personally hate to ever do extractions (again?) without an actual separatory funnel, not certain if I ever did. You can improvise a lot of other needed things, but without that funnel it's a pain in the arse.

cheers

Not at all :) acid base extractions including recrystallization in the end are done all the time by people at home extracting the DMT from plant material... so not sure if you count a kitchen lab as a lab environment.. ;)
I will say though that I would personally hate to ever do extractions (again?) without an actual separatory funnel, not certain if I ever did. You can improvise a lot of other needed things, but without that funnel it's a pain in the arse.

cheers

Haha oh the DUI funnel struggles xD
The pain is real.

Maybe i should obtain just a cone of changa and let it mold, then try see if i can get any re crystilization off it(would be very minimal).
Maybe one day...