• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants "Moist" meth. How to dry?

tweakerguy

Bluelighter
So I've only run into this one other time, but it a single chunk, was in the mid 00's, and I remember I just smoked it anyway (but saved it for last because I had to show all my friends the "bubble" freely moving inside the shard).
Anyway, I just bought a decent amount and the whole bag seems to be like this. Oily, and clumps together like it's damp when arranging lines for insufflation.

Quality is stratospheric, so that's not the issue. The issue came when I lifted my head and half the rail stuck to the tooter, without breaking form lol. Picture a line of dope on a mirror/toilet seat/cd case, whatever. Now picture that same line, but stuck to the bottom of your tooter instead. I'd be irritated if it wasn't so good. How do I dry it? Or should I just leave it the way it is? Does it just need to air out a bit?

Sorry, my camera is dog shit.

https%3A//i.imgur.com/S0Rp3YX.jpg[/img]']https%3A//i.imgur.com/S0Rp3YX.jpg[/img]']

Last edited:
Container with some silica gel packets over night. or as stated above air dry or give it a wash. You do you.

Ive got both bags all laid out on a dinner plate. Id rather not break it all down, so we'll see what happens. Im not stressing on it, really just curious.

Any idea what causes this?
Cook half assing it?

This is obviously not water and it's unlikely to be another solvent so I don't think letting it dry would work. It's probably an impurity.
What I would do is wash it with acetone and then let it dry, you can also dry it in the oven for ~20-30min but don't go over 140-150°C, around 100-120°C is fine. The oven method is pretty good because it can be used to get rid of volatile contaminants.

Last edited:
Ive got both bags all laid out on a dinner plate. Id rather not break it all down, so we'll see what happens. Im not stressing on it, really just curious.

Any idea what causes this?
Cook half assing it?

Idk what causes it but I've gotten quite a few bags like that over the years. I can't say it was bad either. Hopefully someone knows why lol.

Idk what causes it but I've gotten quite a few bags like that over the years. I can't say it was bad either. Hopefully someone knows why lol.

Seems like the oily stuff is always really really good, at least from what i remember. This is the first stuff ive had that was this "wet" even when crushed up though.
Im hoping someone could shed some light as well.

Did the wash fix it?

I'm not doing a wash on it, I don't have anhydrous acetone and I'm not willing to lose any of this.
The quality isn't an issue so I laid everyhting out on a pyrex cookie sheet and let it breathe for 24 hours. Seems to have helped a bit.

I don't know how I missed your silica gel comment, that's a good idea!

Now this is likely a good time for an acetone wash. Get yourself dry (no water) acetone, make it via dried epsoms salts if you have to, then wash it with very minimal freezer cold dry acetone.

If it’s some sticky impurity this may help, if this is residual water it will also help.

-GC

Now this is likely a good time for an acetone wash. Get yourself dry (no water) acetone, make it via dried epsoms salts if you have to, then wash it with very minimal freezer cold dry acetone.

If it’s some sticky impurity this may help, if this is residual water it will also help.

-GC

I'd be willing to give it a wash if was dirty/low quality. But taste and smell are on point and whatever impurity was causing the clumping was more of a minor annoyance if anything.
As I said above I let breathe for a day (albeit without breaking it up) and that seems to have helped for the most part.
I don't mind my dope being a little oily sometimes, because it's always been good when it is 😝 This was just more than I was used to.

@G_Chem What are your thoughts on the silica gel idea suggested above? If this happens again i'd like to try it out.

I'd be willing to give it a wash if was dirty/low quality. But taste and smell are on point and whatever impurity was causing the clumping was more of a minor annoyance if anything.
As I said above I let breathe for a day (albeit without breaking it up) and that seems to have helped for the most part.
I don't mind my dope being a little oily sometimes, because it's always been good when it is 😝 This was just more than I was used to.

Ah my bad! Probably shoulda read the whole thing lol. If it’s just water (probably considering it dried up in a day) then silica gel, or dried Epsom salts would work as a drying agent.

-GC

Silica gel seriously works. Just leave product in zip lock if it's in a zip lock with it open and put it in a container that has a lot with a couple packets of silica gel in there also and over night she will be less moist. Take into account it will lose weight when dry. Or place product in small plastic container buy them at Woolworths neat the al foil and sandwich bags they come in a pack of 6. Anyway place in that with the lid off inside a bigger container with few packets of silica gel and put the lid over it and go to bed. Wake up and live dryer. Haha