• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Moderation for meth use?

XtraDirty

Greenlighter
Soooo I was clean this time for 8 months. I relapsed 2 weeks ago for a week. Got clean for a week. Relapsed for 2 days and now I have one day. I confessed about my relapses to my fiance and I think I convinced him to let me do meth in moderation. Do you think that's possible? Just take one capsule early in the morning when I wake up that way I still eat and sleep at night. I would only use for a max of 5 days at a time. And only for 2 weeks out of the month. The other two weeks I would be completely abstinence. I have a prescription for vyvanse at the max dose plus a small booster dose in the afternoon and HAD gastric bypass surgery 4 months ago but nothing is helping me lose the weight. Until I relapsed this month and bam, 13 pounds gone. So I figured I could moderately use for a while to get to my goal weight and then stop again and just maintain my weight with the vyvanse. Idk. Doable?

I’ve done this before, various versions of the stimulant diet. While it does help you lose the weight, when you stop using the stimulants you’ll gain it all back. Plus, it fucks up your health at the same time.

Just be honest with yourself - you mostly just want to use stimulants and the weight loss is a nice plus.

I’ve done this before, various versions of the stimulant diet. While it does help you lose the weight, when you stop using the stimulants you’ll gain it all back. Plus, it fucks up your health at the same time.

Just be honest with yourself - you mostly just want to use stimulants and the weight loss is a nice plus.
Well that's why I would have my vyvanse to maintain the weight after. I don't gain weight on my vyvanse I just don't lose. And tbh I just want to lose the weight and meth is the only thing that ever works on telling my mind I don't need food. And if I can manage it, then I don't see a problem with it for short term use to reach a goal? Right?

Sure, you can do that. If you’re lucky you won’t end up like me: with your GI system so messed up that you’ll never be able to enjoy food the way you did before.

I don’t wanna sound preachy or anything. But what I did evolved into an eating disorder over time. And maybe it was the combo of that and my drug use that made it end up this way, where I’m scared that the GERD will flare up again and I’ll inhale my own stomach acids (again.) But losing weight this way is never a healthy way to do it. This is basically chemically-induced starvation, and you know that at least 5-10 lbs of whatever you lose will be water weight and will come back on as soon as you start eating again.

Did you usually eat it or how did that happen?? Unfortunately I'm already diagnosed with binge eating disorder. And I'm looking to lose over 100 pounds.. so the water weight fluctuations won't bother me. I literally had weight loss surgery 4 months ago and only lost 20 pounds from it. 13 more this month alone from using meth sporadically. Idk. Maybe I'm trying to rationalize it too much that it'll be okay but I'm so desperate to lose the weight. And meth seems to be the only thing that actually works.

What do you mean by meth in moderation? How much meth?

If you've had a meth problem before its going to be hard to use it in moderation.

Losing weight via meth inevitably impacts the brain too. Additionally your stomach will not heal from the surgery. And gastric bypass surgery increases the risk of all kinds of nutrient and vitamin deficiencies. Adding meth to this equation isn't a good idea.

What do you mean by meth in moderation? How much meth?

If you've had a meth problem before its going to be hard to use it in moderation.

Losing weight via meth inevitably impacts the brain too. Additionally your stomach will not heal from the surgery. And gastric bypass surgery increases the risk of all kinds of nutrient and vitamin deficiencies. Adding meth to this equation isn't a good idea.
How much would be I just fill up one of my capsules from a med I empty out. One capsule in the morning. Nothing more. Not more than 5 days in a row. I want to make sure I eat one meal a day and still sleep every night. And then I'd quit every 2 weeks for 2 weeks. I did have a 'problem in the past. But it did more good for me than bad. I never lost anything or anything. But I was heavily using daily for like 2 years. I think being 4 months out, my stomach should be healed by now so it shouldn't impact that part? And yes but I have a solid vitamin regimen already that I thought I would add to from suggestions on this site like magnesium. But my bariatric vitamins already have over 100% on most vitamins/minerals. Plus my calcium.

I feel like I want to at least give it a try... like I feel like I have a good plan and if I can't handle moderation than I'll just stop completely again and won't revisit it. But I'm desperate...

How much would be I just fill up one of my capsules from a med I empty out. One capsule in the morning. Nothing more. Not more than 5 days in a row. I want to make sure I eat one meal a day and still sleep every night. And then I'd quit every 2 weeks for 2 weeks. I did have a 'problem in the past. But it did more good for me than bad. I never lost anything or anything. But I was heavily using daily for like 2 years. I think being 4 months out, my stomach should be healed by now so it shouldn't impact that part? And yes but I have a solid vitamin regimen already that I thought I would add to from suggestions on this site like magnesium. But my bariatric vitamins already have over 100% on most vitamins/minerals. Plus my calcium.

I feel like I want to at least give it a try... like I feel like I have a good plan and if I can't handle moderation than I'll just stop completely again and won't revisit it. But I'm desperate...

A capsule full of meth, especially crystal meth, is alot of meth. The average capsule (size #0) can hold hundreds of milligrams of meth. That's not a moderate amount, that's a heavy amount.

I realize you're desperate to lose weight, but the only sustainable form of weightloss occurs slowly, and by modifying behaviors.

But if you are going to do it, buy inexpensive milligram scale on amazon for $30 so at least you can measure it

A capsule full of meth, especially crystal meth, is alot of meth. The average capsule (size #0) can hold hundreds of milligrams of meth. That's not a moderate amount, that's a heavy amount.

I realize you're desperate to lose weight, but the only sustainable form of weightloss occurs slowly, and by modifying behaviors.

But if you are going to do it, buy inexpensive milligram scale on amazon for $30 so at least you can measure it
How many milligrams of meth should I take do you think? *might help to know that I've been on 70 mg vyvanse since 2015 and just added an extra 10 mg in the afternoon. I'm 297 pounds 5'5". My vyavnse helps me stop binging but not stop eating enough to lose weight I've even tried 140 mg of vyvanse and I still ate too much. So I feel like I might need a little higher dose than normal? I also have adhd btw. I know I probably don't need hundreds of mg.
I have a scale. Do you think 0.25 g would be sufficient? That's kinda what I was thinking... 0.1 doesn't do anything for me.

I think that if you stick to your plan and keep self discipline it could work. However you already know the consequences if you slip up, you could lose everything, and not just your health. It depends more on you I think. If you have the self control.

How many milligrams of meth should I take do you think? *might help to know that I've been on 70 mg vyvanse since 2015 and just added an extra 10 mg in the afternoon. I'm 297 pounds 5'5". My vyavnse helps me stop binging but not stop eating enough to lose weight I've even tried 140 mg of vyvanse and I still ate too much. So I feel like I might need a little higher dose than normal? I also have adhd btw. I know I probably don't need hundreds of mg.
I have a scale. Do you think 0.25 g would be sufficient? That's kinda what I was thinking... 0.1 doesn't do anything for me.
The anorectic effect of meth would wear off very quickly within a few weeks (usually 2 weeks), I’ve read this on FDA’s Desoxyn data sheet. And they explicitly mentioned in all caps stressing to not increase the dosage once the tolerance to anorexia develops with usual Desoxyn d-meth HCL prescribed for weight loss. They advise to discontinue meth (Desoxyn) for a while. https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2017/005378s034lbl.pdf

Being overweight in general also increases your cardiovascular risk factors and taking a heavy dose like 250mg of meth daily in addition to high Vyvanse dose sounds like a nightmare. Administration of meth at such high doses is neurotoxic (it’s well established) because the usual maintenance dose of d-meth for treating ADHD is 25mg max and for weight loss it’s usually lower than ADHD dose and it’s supposed to be used for a few weeks.

If your primary intention is weight loss, I urge to try something else and stay off the neuro and cardio toxic level of meth (250mg). Even if you go ahead with this, the anorectic effects at 250mg will soon wear off and you’d need to take more and more, that’s a slippery slope. Maybe at this point it’s an indicative that stimulant-induced appetite suppression doesn’t work for your body so you should try something else. That’s just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
It's certainly possible to use any drug in moderation. Some drugs are more difficult and some people find it more difficult.

I currently have some fake Adderall pills that I'm certain are mostly meth. I take them as needed for work. No, I don't take them every day nor do I crave them. They just come in handy sometimes.

Nah, your bsing yourself if you think you can do that. Trust me I found out the hard way and I was clean 18 years. I have no desire to go back but the rewiring will have to take time to get back on track. I hate it when I wake up cuz the first thing I think of is my Vyvance. I don't wanna be chained down like that. I do have ADD severe initiative type, impulsive. If I don't have anything I lay in bed begging God to take me cuz I don't have the guts to off myself. Meth is terrible and the meth today is crap compared to what I got in 03, 04, 05. I did when I relapse got one good batch and it made me feel like I was rolling. It was odd. You can never ever take meth responsibility. Ppl get chopped up because shady ppl lurch in the dark where parties are and feed off that. Please for the sake of your soon to be marriage rethink this thru. Once a day turns into twice a day then bam! You are divorced. My homie cut me off and told everyone I know do not sell to him. He saw what I went thru and the sour taste I got in 05 as I was going through three eight balls a day without eating or drinking water. No I wasn't buying well kinda but what I'm trying to say is I had very close call. Don't have a close call. I know easier said. Do you think you have ADHD? If so go get checked out. I don't think it'll really help because you have to have nerves of steel to resist temptation. I finally got over my Lyrica problem only to find myself in a stressful situation after the tweaker kept stealing from me that I started popping those like crazy. I'm probably going to tell my doc everything and just face it. I know I have ADD, I've always had it but out of the 4 DSM 5 DX's I have it was going to be the last one to treat and so I waited nearly fifteen yrs. Mind you it could of been avoided the meth use had I not been so stressed out by my roommate and being TBONED that I said if yall ain't going to give me anything 4 pain then so be it. I'm going to meth cuz I knew that would take the pain away. I'm not disappointed that I relapse. We make mistakes. Just get back on your feet. DONT COUNT DAYS. And just start over. Learn from your mistakes.

.25g IS hundreds of milligrams.

Truth is.. If 80mg Vyvanse plus 100mg meth isn’t cutting it, no amount will. I know you don’t want to hear this but there’s no easy button to getting thinner. You actually have to try, you gotta do what everyone keeps telling you. Diet and exercise, ad nauseam.

-GC

Let me just pray. That'll take care of this. Not that you'll magically become thin. I pray to a Sovereign Father who Gave His Son all Authority. He has always answered my prayer. Maybe yes, maybe no. I will however know His Answer eventually. He's not a sugar daddy. He's God Almighty. Alpha & Omega. The First and Last.

I think using any medications for weight loss is a serious mistake (unless it's some chronic or life-threatening condition). There is no "cheat code" for weight loss - just put your cupcakes down. No amount of anorectic pills will give you the self-discipline to control binge eating. Throw away your stimulants; work on your self-discipline; follow a strict diet; do particular exercises daily that would help reduce calories like running, jogging, etc.

Maybe listen to some David Goggins or Tony Robbins DVDs and shit.

I think it’s “doable” depending on the person. Let’s face it that is not two words that go in the same sentence, moderation and meth.

Meth is such a deep pleasurable drug that moderation totally goes out the window when using. You have a very good strategy as far as your ROA by eating it. Smoking, slamming, and snorting I believe it is more of a ritual drug and that is when one’s brain throws the moderation out that window.

Also I understand that the weight loss is significant in this situation, kinda like a deal to good to pass up. The vyvanse hopefully will help you keep the weight off. One thing you have to stress is your diet. Try to eat only whole grains, lean meats, and plenty of fresh vegetables. Wishing you the best of Blessings. Peace and stay safe.

Not sustainable over time, You could probably take a poll of how many people tried some form of controlled used and I would guess 99.5% eventually failed. I mean no one goes into using intending to lose everything and end up digging through dumpsters for fun. Yet we see it everyday.