Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

MMDA - New Experience - There Was Life In Those Eyes

Interesting report. Thank you for this.

Although I think I would want to stick to MDMA for my purposes. I doubt that in the near/mid future we will find a good replacement for the love and clarity of a good MDMA roll. :)

Agree. MDMA is one of a few very unique, irreplaceable entheogens (as opposed to, for example, most of the 2Cs, psilocin analogues, etc...which all are much of the same thing, aka interchangeable) that go to a very unique space that is specific to that compound...and no other.

I have had the very same MDMA-like warmth, empathy, and spiritual euphoria from 2C-T-7...in fact it seems to always happen, and I have also felt it with 5-MeO-DMT. However, both of these substances (obviously) do far more than just produce MDMA's magic...and no one would want to take either if they are just after a MDMA experience...they would get much more than they bargained for.

Interesting report. Thank you for this.

Although I think I would want to stick to MDMA for my purposes. I doubt that in the near/mid future we will find a good replacement for the love and clarity of a good MDMA roll. :)

mgs:

Interesting trip report. Can you compare the mental movies to 5-meo-dipt CEV's? The first time I took foxy (16 mg) I spent most of the trip lying in bed with my eyes shut staring at the CEV's. They started out as skulls, faces, etc. -- rather unsettling for my first psychedelic experience -- but they morphed into various scenes like being on a holodeck. I found music could affect the scenes. While one song was playing, I seemed see a golden staircase that I was climbing up higher and higher. For another song, I was dancing in the middle of a throng of beautiful people.

In fact, I don't think I've ever had stronger CEV's with more coherent images and scenes than on foxy. (Admittedly, I have for whatever reason not gotten around to those substances that create full on out-of-body type experiences, ala dmt or salvia, so this may not be saying much.)

Darn, reminiscing makes me miss my foxy.

~psychoblast~

I've had 5-MeO-DiPT at 6mg, 8mg, and 11mg. At no dosage did any effects of 5-MeO-DiPT resemble anything that MMDA does. Totally different materials.

mgs:

Interesting trip report. Can you compare the mental movies to 5-meo-dipt CEV's? The first time I took foxy (16 mg) I spent most of the trip lying in bed with my eyes shut staring at the CEV's. They started out as skulls, faces, etc. -- rather unsettling for my first psychedelic experience -- but they morphed into various scenes like being on a holodeck. I found music could affect the scenes. While one song was playing, I seemed see a golden staircase that I was climbing up higher and higher. For another song, I was dancing in the middle of a throng of beautiful people.

In fact, I don't think I've ever had stronger CEV's with more coherent images and scenes than on foxy. (Admittedly, I have for whatever reason not gotten around to those substances that create full on out-of-body type experiences, ala dmt or salvia, so this may not be saying much.)

Darn, reminiscing makes me miss my foxy.

~psychoblast~

Thanks for sharing your report MG. Remember guys, this is the first compound Mr. Shulgin played around with, which inspired him to investigate the phenethylamine structure further. Without MMDA, we wouldn't have Pihkal or Tihkal or probably this website ;)

This is the compound that I had first completed in 1962, and had named it MMDA, and had begun the exploring of it when I heard that Dr. Gordon A. Alles, a professor of pharmacology at U. C. L. A. who had his own private laboratory in Los Angeles, had also synthesized it in 1962, had also named it MMDA, and had also begun exploring it.

awesome trip report, thanks for sharing. definitely sounds worthwhile. i'm curious how MMDA & MDMA might mix, open up the psychedelic aspect of MDMA without too much excessive stimulation like the type you'd get from MDA. one thing to note, on moderate to high doses of MDA or Mescaline, i get intense CEV's that can only be described as "visions" from the "mind's eye." they often have a theme and story, not always making sense, but do progress much like a movie. MMDA seems to emphasize on this quality and really run with it. hopefully later this year i'll have a taste of MMDA.

Made me laugh.

I wonder how this one is as to toxicity. Perhaps as the natural precursors to MDA/MDMA dry up from deforestation and government intervention, this drug will begin to show up. There are certainly enough tonnes of nutmeg essential oil in the world.

in regards to neurotoxicity, it's a highly selective 5-ht2a agonist. it is reportedly less stimulating than MDMA so it is less neurotoxic than MDMA, that's all we can say for sure at this point. just like how MDMA is more selective than MDA, MDMA is less neurotoxic than MDA. i'd probably put MMDA as a notch below MDMA in terms of neurotoxicity. perhaps somewhere in the realm of MDAI or perhaps a little higher than that, hard to say for sure as the info is lacking somewhat. all's we can say for sure is that MMDA is less neurotoxic than MDMA

MMDA has been shown to act as a non-neurotoxic serotonin releasing agent with no effects on dopamine release and probably norepinephrine release as well,[1] and as a 5-HT2A receptor agonist.[2] The latter property is responsible for its psychedelic effects, whereas the former mediates its mood-lifting and empathogenic effects.
^ h**p://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MMDA_%28drug%29

Last edited:
The highest reported dosage I have been able to find for MMDA over the years is 300mg (from PiHKAL). Given the structural similarity between mescaline and MMDA, I just wish someone (such as myself, for example--alas, I don't have any) would go ahead and take 4 or 5 hundred milligrams at once so that we can finally see the true psychedelic nature of this compound manifest itself and then report back.

This sounds very very interesting. great report. I am always extremely jealous of those who can get such rare and wonderful chemicals. I am bored of mdma to say the least.

Is this a scheduled substance?

According to Wikipedia it remains unscheduled in the UK, and I don't think we have an analogue act.

Might have to look in to this bad boy

This is beautiful, I hope to gain some experience with this one sometime in the future.

I really hope I'm lucky enough to try this one day. Mescaline is one of my favorite entheogens, but this seems so complete.

The highest reported dosage I have been able to find for MMDA over the years is 300mg (from PiHKAL). Given the structural similarity between mescaline and MMDA, I just wish someone (such as myself, for example--alas, I don't have any) would go ahead and take 4 or 5 hundred milligrams at once so that we can finally see the true psychedelic nature of this compound manifest itself and then report back.

I am very familiar with lab produced mescaline hcl. I've eaten it from 300mg-1000mg. Nothing about mescaline resembles MMDA. And nothing about MMDA resembles mescaline other than superficially.

I'd take 400mg of MMDA and I bet it would be a mind blower, but it would be nothing like a mescaline trip. MMDA was so unique, as is MDA and MDMA. The whole family is provoking. Now just have to see if MMDA-2 and such have even more, or those start to move to being pure psychedelics.