• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Mk-801

F&B, do you know if benzthiophene, if it has been incorporated into tryptamine analogues at all? using it in place of a normal indole ring?

Don't know about benzothiophene, but benzofuran analogues of tryptamines have been synthed & tested for receptor affinities; they've about 50% of the affinity of the equivalent indoles

I bought a pure 200ml bottle of Mk-801...nothing like pcp..imagine DXM and 5 bottles of wine, believe me the stuff is not very recreational at all it just feels like fuckin wierd

Highrollin' when you eventually expire, have you considered donating your body to BL? we could finally more or less prove or disprove possibility of olney's lesions from NMDA antagonist use in mammals for good.

Sheesh, 200ml of any even remotely considerable potency, just, fucking, erm... jesus=D

Smyth said:
mk-801.gif

Is that methyl group attached to the amine or the aromatic ring?

This is just grand boys!!

We just placed an order for a medium vial of this compound.....we are looking to see if there us a correlation between glutamate, estrogen, and pain threshold......should be here on monday.....

Going the subcutanious route on LE rats....0.0 mg/g, 0.3 mg/g, and 1.0 mg/g...(anyone think the 1.0 mg/g is high??)....oh....btw...anyone have any data on the toxicity levels for a 350g average long-evans rat?......

...I will keep my eyes open for PCP-like behaviours.....any other things anyone wants me to observe?

Get a tape recorder, a bunch of blank tapes, and do a recording of the whole session, maybe have a trip sitter record? A video would be fucking amazing.

On a side note, I just found this stuff to be sold relitively cheap. Infact, I found it to be very cheap. I'm surprised there hasn't been more people trying it, although it does sound insanely intense, I for one would *always* be up for something that needs some exploring.

I've never done MK-801, but some friends of mine acquired some a few years back and tried it. Their report was similar to Bilz0r and Highrollin's…like a very weird, stupefying version of DXM.

Can anyone tell me anything about this;

781681962e.jpg

It looks very similar to MK-801, its also scheduled, so what sort of mechanism of action does it have?

From what ive read at a glance its stimulant-esque, so none of the NMDA characteristics of MK-801.

Whoa that ^ picture just helped me to see how much mk-801 (and above) are related to tricyclic antidepressants, well I guess they ARE tricyclic antidepressants. What gives with the drastic differences between mk-801 and say, amitriptyline?

Sphinx (Afterlife) said:
Can anyone tell me anything about this;

781681962e.jpg

It looks very similar to MK-801, its also scheduled, so what sort of mechanism of action does it have?

From what ive read at a glance its stimulant-esque, so none of the NMDA characteristics of MK-801.

Selective dopamine reuptake inhibitor, but other than that it's your bog standard tricyclic antidepressant. Didn't realize any country had actually scheduled it though, I mean it has a mild stimulant like behavioural profile that has resulted in some cases of abuse, but apparently it's good for treating apathetic/withdrawn cases of depression with no or little attending anxiety.

It used to be prescribed in a few European countries, but the FDA stuck their nose in and basically hassled & cajolled until even the French stopped using it (what the fuck the FDA is doing influencing an EU members policy is totally beyond me). It's still available in some S.American countries, but beyond that I think it's totally vanished from clinical use. The best bit about the 'side effects' that I read was it's capacity to cause spontaneous orgasm!

Can anyone tell me anything about why antipsychotics and tricyclic antidepressents seem to be derived from similar families chemically?

And probably the fact that dopamine, serotonin, noradrenaline, histamine all kinda look the same, so their active sites will probably all kinda look the same too.