View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Mixing SAMe with Magic Mushrooms

MatthewD

Bluelighter
I've been taking several SAMe (S-adenosylmethionine) supplements a day, for a few days now and without getting into it, they actually are working, whatever they are doing. I plan on taking some Gold Tops tonight, the Magic Mushroom's, and I am just curious if there's any sort of synergy or conflict with this combo.

If I took a few before I did the Mushrooms, would it potentiate it, for example. If that's the case then we'd all eat them. I also take these with a good Multi & Fish Oil. Would they make an impact at all?

SAMe is supposed to help as a mood elevator because methionine is an amino acid that the body uses as a methyl donor. that is to say, if you are deficient in methionine your body may have trouble making melatonin from serotonin. i don't think it will interact with psilocin at all. if a metabolite of psilocin was baeocystin (which is isn't) then you might see the SAMe re-methylate it back into psilocin but that's all i can think of

I recall reading some speculation that said you could take tryptophan, SAMe, and an MAOI like harmala in order to spike your "endogenous DMT" levels, but I don't know if there's any truth hiding in there. If it were that easy to make in-vivo drugs, everyone would be doing it :)

My experience with multi-v supplements and mushrooms is that there can be variable potentiation or dulling of the trip, indicating a level of placebo action. Tell your friends that the fish oil will help keep their trip positive, and i'm sure you'll see positive results.