• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

mixing klonopin and xanax, questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterPwnage

Greenlighter
hey guys, so SWIM is prescribed xanax and usually takes anywhere from 4-8mg a day.

they didnt like having to pop quarters of bars every hour or so so they wanted to try the kpins to kinda keep the benzo feeling/anxiety relief steady, while using the xanax in times of increased stress/anxiety or just for the occasional recreational evening.

they wanted to try klonopin so SWIM bought about 10 of them off of a buddy from school.

weve heard that alprazolam(xanax) and clonazepam(klonopin) are equal in strength per mg, as in 1mg alprazolam = 1 mg clonazepam, just that the xanny is faster acting.

so their question is this:

is it dangerous to mix the two benzos?

if they take 4mg of the klonopin and 4mg of the xanax is that equal to taking 8mg of either one on their own?

Yes, taking 4mg Clonazepam + 4mg Alprazolam would be equivalent as taking 8mg Alprazolam since they are equivalent in potency. The effects will be altered though from just taking the Alprazolam. It will be lengthened.

I've read a benzo chart (not Ashton's) which stated that clonazepam is twice as potent as alprazolam (as in .25mg clonaz = .5mg alpraz = 10mg diaz). And another chart which stated that 1mg clonaz = 1mg alpraz = 10mg diaz. I can't say more, just to the OP that 8mg is a huge dose, but you must know that and I'm not here to judge you. Well, sort of...

i know 8mg is a rather large dose, but before i got on this suboxone taper through my doctor i would eat up around to 20mg of xanax in one day, sometimes more. so i had a rather high tolerance coming into this,

im tapering down off the benzos and am at anywhere from 4-8 mg right now daily, so thats why i was asking if the 4mg kpin + the 4 mg xanax would be equivilent to the 8mg of xanax that i normally take.

yes its safe to take the two together.. but 8mg/day is a huge amount of xanax or k-pins to be taking...

I've read a benzo chart (not Ashton's) which stated that clonazepam is twice as potent as alprazolam (as in .25mg clonaz = .5mg alpraz = 10mg diaz).
that's crazy. .3mg xanax = .5mg of kpin. and 7mg diazepam = .5 xanax. this is ignoring duration, mostly.

I saw the benzo chart as well where it claimed kpins were twice as strong as xanax...that's defiantly not true.

Overall if your currently taking 4-8 mg of xanax a day, you really should be taking the same kpins per day, maybe 5-9mg, as i find them a little weaker.

The things with kpins you have to dose way less, as the half life is greater than that of aplrazolam. Kpins to do anywhere from 30-min to 2 hours to gain their full effect though, so for panic attack situations its best to have some xanax around, and is kicks in really fast.

I think all daily users of xanax should be put on Klonopin. The same strength ( i find it a tad weaker) but it lasts twice as long and has all the same properties.

My opinion is that klonopin is less addictive as well since you dont get the full effects for 2 hours, where as xanax it's like 15 min and you almost get kind of a little "rush".

Well that's my preach about the two benzo's. Anymore more questions free free to ask, I'm well experienced in all benzos except for maybe a few rare ones I haven't taken, benzo tapering, other medications for taper, and more benzo info. Hit my up if you have any questions.

Benzo w/d can be some of the worse, far worse than heroin, and ive expeirenced both a few times.

that's crazy. .3mg xanax = .5mg of kpin. and 7mg diazepam = .5 xanax. this is ignoring duration, mostly.

I think you may be right with the .3mg xanax=.5mgkpin

but you're for sure wrong about the 7mb valium -.mg xanax....it's 10mg xanax

I don't know if this is relevant but I have some questions. I have taken three xanax since i woke up at ten and 5 in the last hour. 2 glasses of vodka oj 2 hours ago and continuting to drink more vodka. I've had 5 xanax in an hour since then I'll just go to sleep for a long time right?

coming from a person with stpudi tolerance I believe IN MY OPINION this is safe.

The Benzo Chart i read that was on here, says Valium(Diazepam) 10mgs = .5 Alprazolam but with the mix youd have feel of xanax but with the legs from the K-pin. making the Klonopins make the Xanax Effect last longer, but this can and most likely will make the tolerance to both Rise significantly. As The chart says Klonopin and xanax are the same strength mg for mg just different effects mostly duration but people swear certain Benzo's mixed have pleasent synergetic effects, i've read of people hating a benzo but it mixed with another loving the combo but for recreation obviously. I just had to eat 16 5mg valium and 4mgs of Alprazolam about 45 mins - 1 hour ago( i ran out of xanax they were my last 4 from my rx) to try and equate my 8mg dose of Xanax and am currently awaiting the effects.. Normally on an overly anxious day, i will throw in another 1mg of xanax but eating 20 pills ( the valiums i consumed 16 5mg along with 4mgs of xanax trying to make it 8mgs of xanax to keep away WD's as i said, i know it sounds stupid as i just ate 16 5mg valium and 4mgs of xanax, and im in an overly anxious week and have been eating 8.5mgs at once but am affraid to eat another 4, 5 mg valium... i just don't like the idea of eating so MANY pills at once maybe it's a mental thing. Funny after eating 16 im affraid to eat 4 more Valiums to make it a normal dose this week as im so anxious about this. the sad part is it's not even recreational, its so i dont wd. I gotta refill my xanax rx monday. I just wanted to be ok and no go through the wd's from benzo's and the last time i was in this situation i didn't wanna eat all them valiums and lucked out and found xanax but this time i didn't luck out to get xanax before i had to dose this time so i HAD to go through with it. As far as i am informed from this site and other benzo charts it does seem Klonopin and Xanax are the same in potency to answer your question just as other have said it's not the same if you're going for EFFECT'S as in recreational is going going to be different... You're going to be feeling that kpins for a LONG TIME.
Best of luck and Be safe out there,
- B

indybreaker, I agree with you crazily enough, i have a pretty ugly habit and as long as the person is tolerant they should be fine...

I think you may be right with the .3mg xanax=.5mgkpin

but you're for sure wrong about the 7mb valium -.mg xanax....it's 10mg xanax

Did i misread this or you mistype this because im really confused when i read it im getting you saying is 10mgs of valium and it somehow being the same as 10mgs of Xanax... Im not comming at you, or comming at anything, just really confused at what you were trying to say. And in the case of harm reduction the better we can get these charts the safer things can be ya know?
Be safe out there man,
- B

I don't know where your getting your information from, and I think it's personal experience or word of mouth maybe? but I'm 32 and I have been on benzo's since I was 16, I have asked all types of questions and the information you are providing user's is highly incorrect. 0.25-0.5 mg is equivalent to 0.5-1mg, This is directly from information specifically asked about this from my psychiatrist, my family physician and my opiate dependence Docs and also my 2 Pharmacists I get dispenses from... they even said elaborated that this is why if dosage needs to be increased it would be after 3 days for both and by: 0.125 - 0.25 of clonazepam and .5 - 1mg DEPENDING on what the factors are for.... clonazepam is stronger it's used and prescribed as a medication to prevent SEIZURES think of that. If you got this information from word of mouth, My guess is that the person who is taking the Xanax or maybe yourself from past experience is getting them from the street? and they are pressed? therefore you feel them stronger... BOTH are tranquilizers just clonazepam has the additive effect of conditioning preventative issues with seizures all the other properties are the same for present diagnostics medications that are used for like panic attacks anxiety what not... why is xanax bigger on the street then clonazepam then? like u can bilungual clonazepam and get the likewise rush from xanax and it lasts longer so why wouldn't people be taking it and promoting it more? Simple business tactics from drug dealers... Xanax goes away quicker, thus they need to come back quicker, thus drug dealer makes more money, clonazepam can roll thru 4-6 hours, making less money because non-repititve consumers coming back during the day or buying more quantity, xanax cause of it's relaxing, effectual duration-half life, is like the smoked crack to IV'd Cocaine (Which in this cause would be your clonazepam, as IV'd cocaine styl lasts longer then smoked crack and yes i know bad metaphor but you get it that's all that matters), everyone is generally different from body to type to body type people tell me no that doesn't matter man and it's like uhh yeah it does that's like telling a person who has allergies that it's impossible for them to have allergies cause 2 other people felt fine and full while you eat the same thing and you got hives and itchy and stayed hungry after 2 bites Lol... anyways hope that fixes it up for you.. facts are facts but if your talking about personal experience that is probably your body to the MAJORITY REFERENCE it's 0.25 -0.5mg = 0.5 - 1mg, Clonazepam : Xanax

I’m sorry but I feel for you when you decide you don’t want it anymore.

I can’t imag what your withdrawals will be like.

Yes. 1mg Alprazolam is roughly equivalent to 1mg Clonazepam. HOWEVER: Xanax hits hard and does not last long. 5 hours tops for me. It hits hard and fast, and it only really provides anxiolytic and heavy sedation. Clonazepam on the other hand hits slow and lasts a looong time. It builds up in your system and you'll start to get higher/more medicated as it builds up in you. Kpins provide muscle relaxation and seizure relief in addition to it's anxiolytic and sedative effects.

I'd take the Kpins first, wait an hour or so and then eat the xanax.

Look into Clonazolam/Clonitrazolam as it is clonazepam and alprazolam bound on the molecular level.

Status
Not open for further replies.