• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Mixing hydrocodone with xanax

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kmahs20

Greenlighter
Hey, so I have a question. Just wondering if this is a safe combo I did today. I have a pretty decent tolerance to benzos (I take 1-1.5mg daily prescribed for 3 years). I also have been taking 30-40mg of hdroxodone a day 10/325's for about 7 months.

9AM - Took .5mg Xanax (1/4 of a bar)

10AM - Drank 7.5ML tussionex (15mg hydrocodone)

1PM - Took 22.5mg hydrocodone (1 and a half 10/325's and one 7.5/500)

5PM - Took 1.5mg Xanax. (Totaling 2mg for the day)

8:45 PM - Took 15mg hydrocodone ( 1 and 1/2 yellow 10/325)

Totaling 52.5mg hydrocodone and 2mg Xanax all day. Spread out from 9AM-8:45PM.

Do y'all think that I'm ok? Or is that a dangerous amount to mix? Thanks!

Seems like an okay amount, given your tolerance. I don't see any immediate dangers there.

Thanks churchpk. I have anxiety/panic disorder which is why I asked. Sometimes I freak myself out thinking I took too much and might OD and start to have a panic attack. When the panic attack kicks in, I don't know wether I'm actually starting to OD or just having a panic attack. If you OD on Xanax/hydrocodone combo does it happen pretty suddenly? Or is it gradual?

you get a panic attack after taking the medication that is supposed to combat your panic attacks?

ooookkkk.......

No I don't get panic attacks from Xanax. Once in a while when I get "high" on the hydrocodone I start to feel light headed and dizzy and it makes me wonder if I'm overdosing which in turn leads to a panic attack bc I freak myself

no, youre getting high on hydrocodone, that's supposed to happen. if you don't panic, it can actually be pretty enjoyable

No I don't get panic attacks from Xanax. Sometimes (rarely) when I get high on the hydrocodone I get lightheaded and dizzy which are common side effects, but I'll freak myself out thinking I took too much and start to panic and have a panic attack. I know it's just anxiety but I start to wonder what if I'm actually overdosing and it's not just anxiety? Lol stupid I know. So when I feel this way I'll take 1mg of Xanax

Sorry about the double post, my phone was messing up. I've grown to love the hydrocodone high. Sometimes I just freak myself out bc I think too much and look shit up online and start to panic about ODing. Maybe I should just stop being a pussy lol

you're your own worst enemy

I wouldn't mix benzos and opiates if you have anxiety issues. and I definitely wouldn't look up info on dying

you're the guy who has to take copious amounts of benzos just to fly on an airplane, then proceeds to look out the window the entire takeoff just shaking uncontrollably

out of sight, out of mind

panicking did nothing for anyone ever, believe that

Lol no, I'm actually a very outgoing person, I do personal training and lead group classes. I've bungee jumped over 100 times. I just get panic attacks out of nowhere and that's why they scare me. I don't normally get them in situations like public speaking, flying, etc. I only get anxiety when it comes to health/heart related issues. I'll just scale back on the opiates a little bit and try to stick to 20-30mg a day

LOL at lightheadedness and dizziness as "side effects"

You took just the right amount.

You were fine in this instance, but these types of things can possibly spiral out of control.

I would lay off taking these together, just for your safety's sake...

Lol no, I'm actually a very outgoing person, I do personal training and lead group classes. I've bungee jumped over 100 times. I just get panic attacks out of nowhere and that's why they scare me. I don't normally get them in situations like public speaking, flying, etc. I only get anxiety when it comes to health/heart related issues. I'll just scale back on the opiates a little bit and try to stick to 20-30mg a day

I read this and had to reply, you sound exactly like me and same exact anxiety disorder. I didn't think anyone had them like mine. Out of nowhere and always health and heart stuff! No fun. Hope all is well.
MIke.

Status
Not open for further replies.