View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Mixing DXM and Caffeine

ball

Greenlighter
Hi I'm new to the forums and not sure if I'm posting this in the right section (if I'm not, my apologies). My friend has been wanting to experience Molly for a long time but upon recent discovery that pure Molly is almost impossible to find now a days (and not wanting to ingest dangerous and un-known chemicals), has decided to try his luck at making his own molly concoction. Doing some research, he found that the ingredients he wanted to try to mix together were DXM and Caffeine (mainly because of their legality and easy accessibility).
My first question is if this is a good mixture to replicate the effects of Molly? Considering the fact that my friend has never done Molly, he's not expecting anything crazy, just something similar. My next question is, if this is a decent mixture to replicate the effects of Molly, what ingredients would best serve this mixture? More specifically what would be the best source of DXM? My friend's plan was to crush up some caffeine pills alongside some DXM pills, put the mixture in an empty capsule, and pop it. Doing some more research, however, my friend found that the only pills he could find were ones that came with low, low, LOW doses of DXM, and also various additives. My friend then heard of a process of extracting the DXM from Delsym cough syrup, producing a purer and more plentiful batch of DXM. My question is what do you recommend in this mixture? Crushed up DXM pills? (If so, which ones?), or extracted syrup? (if so possibly a little more information on the specifics of extraction)
Any help is greatly appreciated, once again sorry if this is in the wrong section.

No, not a good replication of the effects of molly. Not much similar other than they are both drugs.

Read some trip reports here or on erowid. If you're intent on taking pills, I'd say no need to crush them, unless you just think it will be fun to go through the process. They should release rapidly enough. Many DXM pills also have other active ingredients. I'd avoid those, as they can make you sick, or at the least be hard on your liver. Same with cough syrups. If you can find one with only DXM as the active, which is more rare these days, you can just suck it up and drink the nasty syrup. For a one-off thing, it's not that bad. You may not like it and no need to waste your time with learning the extraction process.

This would in no way produce effects similar to MDMA... Caffeine is never going to be strong enough to add a stimulant-y edge to any combo, and DXM is nothing like MDMA except for being mind-expanding, albeit on opposite sides of the spectrum. There's really no way to reproduce the special empathetic effects of MDMA without drug combos requiring RCs or other illegal drugs. You're just not gonna get there with anything you can find 'on the street'.

I've heard varying opinions from a variety of sources and want to try it out myself. Does anyone have any suggestions on the best source of DMX for this purpose (I am intent on putting this in pill form to have readily available.)

The DXM afterglow mixed in with a stim (if that's safe) will replicate molly. My friends on the afterglow will always say that they feel like they popped (10 mollies). Higher the dose of DXM the more Serotonin left in your brain. That's the only way it's similar to molly tbh. Other than that you may wanna look into something like MDA or Methylone perhaps? DXM is more dissociating than a euphoric stimulant.

You'd find DMX in a crack alley.
But you'd find pure DXM in Robitussin cough gels.