• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Mixing Diazepam, Propanolol, Tramadol and Alcohol

mafkeesje

Greenlighter
A week ago or so I was here with some friends and I took perhaps 15mg Diazepam, 20mg Propanolol, 100mg Tramadol, 1/3rd liter Absolut (bottle went empty with the three of us) and a dozen or so beers.

Any risks attached to that or is it relatively safe due to the low dosages of valium and painkillers.

Propanolol doesn't do much for me anymore as I used those 40mg tables for some time, but I remember a doctor once told me to take 2 of the red ones and 1 yellow (20mg propanolol and 5mg valium), at the time I didn't even know it was valium but it worked fine and I only used it occassionally in situations that made ma anxious.

Some problems arose that night ;) but can't remember too much, besides a large blue eye the next day, ended up in some fight and been looking a day to find my car back :)

Actually we did this for about a week long, every day, and now I read that it's oh so dangerous on the internet.... I mean if it's really that dangerous....

If you're prescribed these that's one thing but I would not drink alcohol in large amounts like that with diazepam and tramadol. The risk with mixing central nervous system depressants is you could stop breathing.

If you're prescribed these that's one thing but I would not drink alcohol in large amounts like that with diazepam and tramadol. The risk with mixing central nervous system depressants is you could stop breathing.

A friend brought the Tramadol with him from someone that they weren't strong enough anymore for and I read something about euphoric state when mixing it, but didn't really had that effect on me.

I'll just stick with Diazepam, Propanolol and alcohol next time, that seems to be safer as I indeed read some scary stories about mixing it with Tramadol that I wasn't aware of, anyway we survived the week :)

It's propranolol. Not propanolol.

And it is not recreational in the slightest. I would remove it entirely.

I've mixed all of them before, but it was because they were prescribed to me but 10mg Valium, 50mg tramadol and 40mg propranolol. But I only drank a very small amount, barely enough to even get a buzz. First of all I wouldn't recommend taking propranolol recreationally, as I think someone above said it has no recreational value and even though the dose of 20mg you took was low using it recreationally can be dangerous I'm pretty sure that in really high doses it can cause serious cardiac problems. Mixing that amount of alcohol with other CNS depressants was extremely irresponsible. I don't mean sound like I'm lecturing you, I just want to help people, just because mixing tramadol, alcohol and Valium didn't make you stop breathing (that time) it can make you do really dumb shit while you're blacked out so please just be more careful in the future.

The dosages you're working with aren't anything to call the coroner about, but the sheer amount of differing substances that you're consuming is the bigger cause for alarm. Although many of these drugs are being taken in practically insignificant dosages, the fact that you're mixing them all, especially with Alcohol, is worriesome. The fact that you blacked out (amnesia) is a good enough sign that you need to tone things down if you wish to remain safe.

I'm not sure what it's like where you're from, but in my hometown of Lowell, Massachusetts, being entirely too intoxicated in public can be very, very dangerous for your safety and your personal belongings. It sounds like this time it was just some hijinks, but consider the potentiality of this sort of behavior. I'm not telling you to not take drugs either, I'm just trying to tell you to not combine 5 different classes of substance at once.