• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Missing a lot of shots lately

pennywise

Bluelighter
So I normally have a high batting average on this, but my money spot is starting to get worn out and when trying other spots I’m missing a lot. What confuses me is I get the blood register and start to push, but then it feels like it slips out or something part way through, so I’ll draw back again just to be sure and I’m still seeing blood so I finish the push and it turns out I’ve missed part of the shot.

How can I be getting blood on the draw but still missing the rest of the shot? It seems like it’s slipping out of the vein really easily. It’s impossible to keep it in exactly the same place but it’s like there’s no wiggle room at all. What’s the problem?

This has NEVER been a problem for me before and I’ve had a good bit of experience.

Any tips for rolling veins or spots other than the inside of the elbow that work well?

Last edited:
So I found the answer in the safe injection manual on harmreduction.org. I’ve been firing C, which is a vasoconstrictor, which means it shrivels up your veins like dried out string beans. I’ve been trying to hit a target that I didn’t know was smaller, in a different place, and harder to get to.

I’m used to H (let’s be real, it’s all F now) so it’s even harder because my muscle memory wants to do it the way it knows. It’s way closer to the surface now. I knew there was something weird going on when it was happening at fresh sites.

Oh well, you live, you learn. Hopefully this helps someone like me who was too lazy to do any research $30 and a potential infection ago.

Might be the needles, too, but it sounds like you already got it figured out.