• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Missed Suboxone Shot Fever Help

SidFishesDeathWish

Greenlighter
So I missed a suboxone shot in the crook of my left arm and the vein got really hard. Two days later its still hard but I feel fine. Then on the third day I start to get chills. On the fourth day I feel like I have a fever. But here's the thing idk if the sickness is related to the missed shot. Like I might just have a cold or something. What should I do? I don't want to go to the dr and tell them the truth for fear of losing my script. Help guys. Please.

What does it look like? You might have an abscess from the miss... I have done this before, and it sucks. What usually happens whenever I do miss a shot of bupe, which is rarely, is I start out pushing the plunger after registering and sometimes puncture through the vein from pushing to hard, then I feel it start to burn when this happens. So I pull out a hit another vein instead, this usually happens to me when trying a newer, softer vein than one of the ones I normally hit.

Did you pull out when you felt it start to burn or just bang the whole shot anyways and keep going? If so its very possible you could have an abscess. If it is an abscess it will usually be very swelled up and red, and you should seek medical attention from the ER or an urgent care clinic, not your sub doc, then you most likely will lose your script if you go to your sub doc and tell them. If it gets worse or keeps hurting definitely seek medical attention. If its just a slight miss, and not an abscess, just apply a cloth with hot water to it and not use that vein anymore, there is no need to keep hitting the same spot over and over when you IV, that will lead to serious problems eventually if you don't rotate sites when you IV.