• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Missed shot

alos

Greenlighter
I have a missed shot (meth) in my arm and I am wondering - after several days is it likely that there would still be any meth in it ? Or is the bump just tissue damage ?

Unlikely there would still be meth in it (I reckon all IV meth users have this idea at some point).

You should have got high after your shot but a bit more slowly as the meth passed through your tissues into your blood stream.

If you have a hard rope/cord like lump over where your vein is you might not have even really missed the shot. Meth will inflame your veins at the injection site and give you phlebitis where the vein becomes hard and lumpy - especially if the injection leaks a bit due to tourniquet being too tight.

Most of my inner elbow veins are affected this way - they are just hard and ropey with lots of lumps. The lumps are too hard for an insulin syringe needle to penetrate.

You should know whether it was a full blown missed shot or just a leaky one by how much it stung when you pushed the plunger. Personally I just can’t miss a full shot because of how much it hurts when you inject into tissue rather than the vein.

Thanks for the reply ! I have to do a UA next week so I was worried that the missed shot could cause a positive . I'm pretty sure then that it was a leaky shot because it did not sting that much most of the time I was injecting .