• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Cocaine Missed shot of coke and still red after several days

Gohan91

Greenlighter
So I missed a shot of coke in my foot and its not swollen and only slightly sore to pressure, but where I missed the shot is still red. What could this mean? Do i need to see a doctor?

It is unsafe for us to diagnose any kind of medical condition over the internet, even if we have pictures. I know the veins of the feet can seem like great spots to inject, but these veins are actually quite fragile and are not as great as they may initially appear. Injections into these veins end in extravasation to a much higher degree than injections in say the cubital or basilic veins of the arms.

Now, we need to consider the fact that Cocaine is highly caustic to surrounding tissue. This numbing effect as a result of restricted blood flow to the area is part of what made Cocaine so popular in the medical community to begin with.

If the site is still painful and/or uncomfortable, red and warm to the touch, you most certainly should have a doctor check it out as it could likely be an abscess in the making. The longer you wait to have it checked out is going to dictate proportionately the time it will take to treat and recover. If you catch it early, it can be handled pretty easily, even potentially by your PCP. If it is caught later, it can entail full-on surgery with anesthesia and everything.

TL;DR You should definitely go to the ER and have them figure things out for you.

So I missed a shot of coke in my foot and its not swollen and only slightly sore to pressure, but where I missed the shot is still red. What could this mean? Do i need to see a doctor?
Heya. I used to shoot coke 15-20 times a day, on top of heavy iv heroin habit, for about a decade. I missed my fair share due to distressed veins, old pins, what have you. As the above poster said: these are not diagnoses. That being said, this sounds very minor to some of the misses I've seen.

As lovely as iv cocaine can be, smoking it has a better bioavailability because it bypasses the liver, and it has a much more merciful margin for dosage titration.

Hope this helps.

I'm in a similar pickle. Missed a shot in my foot. Is now swollen like a bitch and sore as hell. Are antibiotics gonna do anything?