• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Missed a meth shot in my wrist!!

Onswoll

Greenlighter
I have been an IV meth user for about 15 years on and off. The other night a friend of mine went to hit me on the top of my wrist and when she plunged down there was no burning whatsoever and when she plunged all the way down there was Zero Rush also. About an hour later my right hand on the top of my right hand swelled and it's still swelled this was just happened yesterday. I've been hitting it with heat and pressure as well as Epsom salt and witch hazel which is what I use for a miss as a standard. I'm just concerned about my hand swelling the way it is anybody have any intelligent insight into this or can give me some words of wisdom I would appreciate it thank you...

Its really hard to tell when a missed shot is potentially dangerous versus it clearing up on its own. The back of your hands and feet are also pretty bad places to miss as there isnt much muscle there to absorb the miss, so i would think it takes longer to clear up. Don't hesitate to get it checked out. Just make sure to monitor the swelling and if theres even a slight sign it's getting worse then id go on and have a doctor look it over.

I used to hate stressing over missed shots when i was still using. Particularly when i missed with Ritalin. Im surprised there was no sting or burn with it. The same exact thing happened to me where a buddy hit me on my left hand with some ice, but only the last little bit of the shot missed and it stung like fuck. It left a small "bubble" on my hand and took 4 days to go down.
Good luck man and stay safe.

Its really hard to tell when a missed shot is potentially dangerous versus it clearing up on its own. The back of your hands and feet are also pretty bad places to miss as there isnt much muscle there to absorb the miss, so i would think it takes longer to clear up. Don't hesitate to get it checked out. Just make sure to monitor the swelling and if theres even a slight sign it's getting worse then id go on and have a doctor look it over.

I used to hate stressing over missed shots when i was still using. Particularly when i missed with Ritalin. Im surprised there was no sting or burn with it. The same exact thing happened to me where a buddy hit me on my left hand with some ice, but only the last little bit of the shot missed and it stung like fuck. It left a small "bubble" on my hand and took 4 days to go down.
Good luck man and stay safe.

Thanks man. I'm pretty beat up at the moment from either trying to hit or missing.