• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Mirtazapine 7.5mg or 15mg for sleep?

Yes, if you are not used to it definitely. It will probably also cause a very strong hangover. So be aware of that.

I even only needed ~3,75mg since I am a lightweight and react sensitive to all drugs but I do not take it anymore.
Generally I don't think it is a good sleep aid. It works but you will feel like shit the next morning with a strange bubble-head feeling that only goes away over the course of the day.

I'd recommend low dose Promethazine instead.

If you are not using it daily, then yes. When I first started, 7.5mg knocked me out and made it hard to get out of bed in the morning. Now I'm on 15mg and it barely affects me sleep-wise, you build up a tolerance to the sedative effects really fast.

I've recently been prescribed Mirtazipine 15mg to help sleep - which it most certainly did for a few days. I took 90mgs last night for the same result 15mgs delivered on the first couple of nights. Typically my body has decided that it wishes to return to homeostasis by making me extremely tolerant to every drug I have ever taken and will take in the future.