• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Microdosing LSD/LSA, Having Somewhat Recently Ingested Tramadol?

GDT

Greenlighter
Hi all,

I've read the posts about the dangers mixing tramadol and LSD. I'm not going to do that. However, I regularly take tramadol recreationally (sourced straight from hospital) and I've been interested in beginning to microdose on LSD/LSA. As far as the exact microdose goes, I'm going to cut a tab of blotter into 8 and see what happens. If it's too light I'll bump it to a quarter. My source is as reliable as can be. Long term, straight shooter, not sketchy. For the LSA I'm going to cold-water extract from one seed of HBWR. So, what I'm looking to do is find out the answers and opinions to two separate questions.

1. Does microdosing significantly reduce the chance of seratonin syndrome simply because it's a small dose, or are there other biochemical factors at play that make whether it's a quarter/eighth dose meaningless?

2. What is the safest amount of time needed to wait after tramadol ingestion before microdosing? The amount of tramadol would probably be 100mg, but could be as much as 200mg. I'm thinking 24 hours.

it significantly reduces the chance of SS because you are taking 1/10th or 1/20th of how ppl usually take lsd/lsa

how long is tramadols half life? 24 hours sounds right to me.

where did you read that there are benefits to microdosing LSA out of curiosity?

just so you know, its a lot more precise to dilute LSD in distilled water than it is to cut blotter into 8ths

You're not going to get serotonin syndrome from taking LSD with tramadol FFS. It'll probably dull your trip though (this happened to me).
I'm absolutely sick of hearing about serotonin syndrome... it's become somewhat of a buzzword on this forum and it seems to pop up in every single discussion about LSD combos.

Avoid taking stuff like AMT, MD(M)A, 2C-T-x and 5-meo tryptamines if you're on tramadol (these drugs are all monoamine releasers and/or MAOIs). Classical serotonergic psychedelics are nothing to worry about.

Mysterie thanks. I have not heard of benefits to microdosing LSA at all, but I'm extending the logic from microdosing LSD/shrooms and seeing what happens. Do you think it's a bad idea? Half life of tram is 7.5 hours so 24 hours would reduce amount to about 10%, and it would be totally out at around 40 hours. But I would prefer to begin at the 24 hour mark. ;)

AA357, I hear you about being overcautious. But one of the mods (with 55,000 + posts) had a pretty bad experience happen to him, and simply the chance of that happening is too great in my opinion.

i just think if your going to do something then its worth having some body of anecdotal evidence or research behind it before exploring it. something to contrast and compare your own results to, or have some idea of how to proceed and how your body and mind may react to the subtly altered state.

like watch a dozen of people at least try out the parachute before you jump out of the plane (bad analogy i know lol)

i just know theres 3 substances which have been said to be beneficial through microdosing, and i'm sure there may be more in the future, but its lsd, mushrooms & mescaline.

i just think if your going to do something then its worth having some body of anecdotal evidence or research behind it before exploring it. something to contrast and compare your own results to, or have some idea of how to proceed and how your body and mind may react to the subtly altered state.

Fair enough but someone has to go first! And it makes sense, in that 1 HBWR seed is defo a threshold dose. I can't imagine that you'd feel to much of the effects. And if I do then so be it: it can't be microdosed. Or I'll drop the dosage down even further.

AA357, I hear you about being overcautious. But one of the mods (with 55,000 + posts) had a pretty bad experience happen to him, and simply the chance of that happening is too great in my opinion.
There is not a single recorded instance of serotonin syndrome resulting from LSD. I was able to find a couple of articles on Google stating that LSD can cause SS, but it's all conjecture... none of these articles cited any actual cases of LSD-induced serotonin syndrome (probably because it's never fucking happened, ever). LSD is not a MAOI, an SRI or an SRA. It is a 5HT-agonist... it works by mimicking serotonin, not by raising it.

There's obviously more to that guy's story.

If LSD+tramadol is dangerous then please explain to me why candyflipping, hippie-flipping etc. are safe. I absolutely refuse to believe that tramadol is anywhere near as powerful as MDMA in terms of serotonin release and reuptake... NO FUCKING CHANCE.
Ever since its rediscovery people have been combining MDMA with LSD, mushrooms, 2C-x, mescaline, DMT etc. DXM/psychedelic combinations also seem to be quite common and safe.
Unless the psychedelic you're taking is a MAOI or has significant SRI/SRA activity then it's safe to take with just about anything.

Last edited: