• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Miami face-eater thread

I read this article when it was linked on another site and I agree that it's not LSD that he took. Then again he sounds like a psychopath so he might have attacked someone even if he was not on drugs. :\

holy shit. That's a lot worse than I thought.

I just heard someone on the radio say LSD is definitely the culprit because it can make people's faces look like cheeseburgers.

and here I was hoping LSD would be legalized in my lifetime

This from Miami police union chief:

Aguilar has been telling local media outlets that Eugene may have overdosed on LSD, citing four previous instances in Miami-Dade when people ingested too much acid, removed their clothes, and became violent.

The most recent case occurred during Ultra Music Festival this past March, Aguilar says. Evan Oberfelder, a 23-year-old Texas resident, was naked near the 1800 block of North Bayshore Drive when he was hit by a taxi. When the cabbie fled the scene, a bystander attempted to help a bleeding Oberfelder, who kicked the good Samaritan in the groin for calling the cops. It took 11 officers to subdue the young man, who jumped on top of police cars, threatened and attacked the cops - even taking the baton from a female officer and hitting her with it. Oberfelder was charged with felony battery, aggravated battery on a police officer, resisting arrest with violence, criminal mischief, and false imprisonment.

In another incident in West Miami, Aguilar says police had to subdue a man who was trying to bite his neighbors and who had punched the exterior walls of his house so hard that his knuckles were stripped to the bone.

"Both guys admitted to taking LSD," Aguilar says. "Because of the similarities in those and two other cases, it is my assumption that" Eugene was tripping.

http://blogs.miaminewtimes.com/riptide/2012/05/rudy_eugene_the_miami_zombie_w.php

There's probably some bad stamps going around South Florida right now.

Isn't PCP well known for causing an increase in body temperature and thus a desire to strip (as well as, obviously, turning people into bloodthirsty lunatics)?

Adams said the new LSD is commonly called “bath salts

That is even more retarded than that article where a cop called dmt an "ecstacy like drug".

Taking drug advice from a cop is like taking adive on homosexuality from a pastor.

I thought PCP when I first read this but the 'bath salts' reference makes me think it might be Desoxypipradrol instead? I remember when the Ivory Wave bath salts were doing the rounds in the UK, it sent quite a few people completely off their rocker for days on end. Nothing this extreme of course, but if the dude was already unstable and prone to violence maybe a huge dose of Desoxypipradrol would've been enough to send him over the edge?

Did anyone else watch the video?

This part had me loling so hard:

"[drugs] make people do crazy things, like jump in pools with no clothes on"

Crazy!

Doesn't matter if it was LSD or PCP or alcohol.

He was still responsible for every single one of his actions that day.

I thought PCP when I first read this but the 'bath salts' reference makes me think it might be Desoxypipradrol instead? I remember when the Ivory Wave bath salts were doing the rounds in the UK, it sent quite a few people completely off their rocker for days on end. Nothing this extreme of course, but if the dude was already unstable and prone to violence maybe a huge dose of Desoxypipradrol would've been enough to send him over the edge?

It could be... or it could be one of 1000 other stimulant Research Chemicals that can cause psychosis...

Guessing is rather stupid... at least your guess makes sense, but a "new LSD"??? Come on. That's obvious scaremongering for an old, safe and TESTED drug.

I was thinking more about this and I feel as if the cops did not handle the situation properly. I understand the man was out of his mind at the moment, but its just that, he was out of his mind at the moment, so why shoot and kill the man? Why not use some form of a tranquelizer or electroshock to subdue the man?

I just feel like they were a bit trigger happy here.

I was thinking more about this and I feel as if the cops did not handle the situation properly. I understand the man was out of his mind at the moment, but its just that, he was out of his mind at the moment, so why shoot and kill the man? Why not use some form of a tranquelizer or electroshock to subdue the man?

I just feel like they were a bit trigger happy here.

I would agree in a LOT of situations. A naked man in mid-day Miami was eating a man's face... I think that was a bit past the police training. They are trained to fire when someone is pointing a gun at them or other officer's, could you even imagine seeing what this cop saw and had to personally take care of?

That is a lot man, he will be in therapy forever I bet. EVERY story I have read in DITM about a cop killing someone previously was WRONG and I said so, I cannot look down on this officer for doing what he did. It would be preferable if he had first tried to taze him, but his life obviously was at risk and he was in the middle of trying to murder someone.

You know all those zombie movies where the zombies are created by some kind of reaction to chemical warfare... Imagine if an RC was released that REALLY did do this to people regularly... It seems the RC dealers these days are willing to sell the newest chem by the ounce before a single known human test has been done... I personally wouldn't feel too bad if the RC market was shutdown for the time being until drugs are legalized... We have good, tried and true drugs that if legalized would all receive their own special attention (for example, I don't see myself ever taking "acid" ever again. I don't want to take 25i or other rc's and I don't trust any dealers of any drugs (except for pot, sometimes))

Because he charged at the officer and could have easily bit his jugular off. Then there would have been 2 if not more victims.

until drugs are legalized...

Lol, have fun waiting. It definitely won't be in your lifetime.

I hope it wasn't MXE... an incident like this would be like the fastest way possible to get a drug banned

It was clearly the devil marihuana, we should make cannabis more illegal to compensate for all these hideous violent crimes.

That said, I would totally expect some combination of high powered stimulants and/or dissociatives to be involved here - there are very few instances I can recall of LSD-induced cannibalism.

As for "why did he get shot", I'm fairly sure a man who is communicating only in growls and has just finished lunching on someone's face presents an obvious and immediate threat to an officer, esp. if he charges. I thought it was common knowledge to not scare the fuck out of police, especially when they catch you doing illegal things.

$10 bet that he was on nothing but crack

which is what I'll use the $10 for

You gotta know the neighborhood. Overtown/OMNI is the crack hole. This incident took place in crack central and everyone's like "Oh it was probably the newest R.C. 2-Bromomethyl-pyroterrodrome aka Catmandoo".

Nonsense. Crack.

435252-cannibal-victim-ronald-poppo.jpg

Ronald Poppo, left, was the victim of a horrific cannibal attack at the hands of Rudy Eugene, Miami police said Tuesday. Picture: Miami-Dade Police Dept

Attacker was under influence of drug called "Bath Salts"
Ronald Poppo, lost 75 percent of face in gruesome attack
Victim is in hospital in a critical condition

THE victim whose face was chewed almost completely off in a bizarre naked roadside attack in Miami has been identified.
The victim is homeless man Ronald Poppo, 65, who is in hospital in critical condition.

The attacker, Rudy Eugene, 31, was shot dead by police after devouring up to 75 per cent of Poppo's face. Both men are believed to have been naked.

US police released images of both men in the hope of trying to understand what provoked the cannibal act.

It comes as horrific photos emerged allegedly showing the remains of Poppo's badly mauled face.

The pictures, which show a bloody face of a man with a beard receiving medical treatment, are too graphic to be published by news.com.au

http://www.news.com.au/world/naked-face-eating-man-may-have-been-on-lsd/story-e6frfkyi-1226374223070

Last edited:
I would agree in a LOT of situations. A naked man in mid-day Miami was eating a man's face... I think that was a bit past the police training. They are trained to fire when someone is pointing a gun at them or other officer's, could you even imagine seeing what this cop saw and had to personally take care of?

That is a lot man, he will be in therapy forever I bet. EVERY story I have read in DITM about a cop killing someone previously was WRONG and I said so, I cannot look down on this officer for doing what he did. It would be preferable if he had first tried to taze him, but his life obviously was at risk and he was in the middle of trying to murder someone.

Being a cop isnt easy, I get that (to the best of my abilities). You sometimes have to make life or death situations for yourself and others, and I think having that power is a great responsibility. Knowing when and where to use that power, though, is what seperates a good cop from just another idiot with a gun.

If all cops are taught is shoot to kill from the get-go, what is that doing to protect and serve the community?
The world has enough hired hit-men and lunatics with guns.

Because he charged at the officer and could have easily bit his jugular off. Then there would have been 2 if not more victims.

Where is the pepperspray or tazer? Why dont the cops use tranquilizers? (though I guess with tranq's you do pose the risk of under/over dosing people).
This was an unarmed man, and although yes, he was being psychotically violent, I do not believe that shooting and killing the man was the only option.

I do somewhat understand the rationale behind the actions of killing the man. He was in the middle of committing murder, he wasnt about to stop, and the cop felt as if his life was threatened as well. I get that.

My views are just that he jumped from point A (assessing the situation) to point fktd (fucking killin the dude) awfuly fast.

Last edited: