• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Methylphenidate +White Thai Kratom. Good or bad?

Jstruts

Greenlighter
I think this is my first post! Ok so, I have a tolerance to methylphenidate. 100mg IR/day is easily tolerated without issue. I also have a decent tolerance for white thai kratom, which usually doesn't do much but level my mood at 3-4 grams/dose. Has anyone tried white thai kratom with methylphenidate in slightly above "therapeutic" dosages? Is it a good thing? Or does it compound the icky side effects (irritability, peripheral simulation, etc) that usually come with methylphenidate? I just want energy/motivation +good mood with no anxiety. Any thoughts? Experiences?

(Sorry in advance if there is another post about this. Moderator: please feel free to move to whatever place fits best. Thanks!)

I have never tried methylphenidate with kratom before but I have tried it on its and own have plenty of experience with kratom and amphetamine. In my opinion this kind of combo usually leads to taking a lot more of both drugs than intended and ending up with mostly negative side effects. The kratom will take the edge off the stimulant and will make you want more of the stimulant, and vice versa. Just save the kratom for the comedown, it'll work much better this way.

I think this is my first post! Ok so, I have a tolerance to methylphenidate. 100mg IR/day is easily tolerated without issue. I also have a decent tolerance for white thai kratom, which usually doesn't do much but level my mood at 3-4 grams/dose. Has anyone tried white thai kratom with methylphenidate in slightly above "therapeutic" dosages? Is it a good thing? Or does it compound the icky side effects (irritability, peripheral simulation, etc) that usually come with methylphenidate? I just want energy/motivation +good mood with no anxiety. Any thoughts? Experiences?

(Sorry in advance if there is another post about this. Moderator: please feel free to move to whatever place fits best. Thanks!)
I just experienced this combination in Thailand. Awful: jittery, sweaty, heart pounding buzz. :(

I have never tried methylphenidate with kratom before but I have tried it on its and own have plenty of experience with kratom and amphetamine. In my opinion this kind of combo usually leads to taking a lot more of both drugs than intended and ending up with mostly negative side effects. The kratom will take the edge off the stimulant and will make you want more of the stimulant, and vice versa. Just save the kratom for the comedown, it'll work much better this way.
That makes sense. I will definitely be skipping this combo. Thank you!

Combined stimulant effects could be quite disturbing especially anxiety/ panic could become an issue.

Approximately how long after taking the methylphenidate IR would it likely be ok to take 3-4g of the white thai kratom, in your opinion? I'm sick of the anxiety and peripheral effects of the methylphenidate and just want to feel chill with my white thai 😊. Any thoughts?

Intensified the nauseating effects of the Kratom for me. However, I was using dex and not Ritalin.

also I was probably a bit dehydrated.

You should be fine taking the kratom at any point after the methylphenidate kicks in. If you want to settle down for the day it should help take the edge off. The longer you wait after the methylphenidate kicks in the better the calming effect will be from the kratom.

Be sure you're done for the day because trying to balance the effects of kratom and stimulants is a tightrope.

Ok, I have a couple of questions.
1. Does it matter that the kratom is White Thai (one of the more stimulating stains)?

2. Do you think if I waited 3-4 hours after taking 30mg of methylphenidate ir, it would be ok to take the kratom. Or should I wait longer? I want to avoid feeling overstimulated (like I feel currently). Doesn't methylphenidate ir get out of your system pretty fast, a few hours?

I kinda want to say the hell with ritalin. The peaks and troughs are miserable and it jacks up my heart rate - even small doses. Sorry for rambling, I'm sure I sound kind of incoherent. I'm just so frustrated. I HATE FEELING LIKE THIS. I will greatly appreciate any advice. ♥

I would never combine this combo. Anything opiate like may give you the itches and a stimulant along with that is just a no-no in my opinion. The extra energy may come very unsollicited when you use the kratom. But maybe kratom is just weak enough for this combination to work? I wouldn't do it but it is on you.

White thai is too stimulating on its own for me, it gives me jaw tension and anxiety. I guess it's better than no kratom but I imagine it wouldn't help with the comedown as much as green or red.

Its fine but methylphenidate and kratom can result in some nasty irritability. I know the combo has resulted in me being pissed with my girlfriend for no (good) reason.

Aside from that, the combo is fine.

Whoops i just realized this is an old pre-covid post.

I wonder if in the future things will be looked at as pre and post covid-19.

Covid-19 sounds like the name of a robot 🤖

Codeine and methylphenidate is a bliss, I don't know about kratom though. Maybe start with a normal dose methylphenidate and slowly up the kratom dose? I wouldn't do it the other way.