• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Methylphenidate solubility in water

rave23

Bluelighter
according to this, Methylphenidate is practically impossible to shoot up.

having a solubility of 1.25mg/ml, i would need one helluva rig to shoot up even a single 10mg tablet of Ritalin.

So tell me, how do people shoot this stuff up? I am starting to think that the lack of different effects using 5, 10 or 20 mg comes down to the fact that my shots are never bigger than 1ml.

Am i wasting my ritalin? There is no sense in cooking the stuff up with heat either, because i am not about to introduce hot liquid into my veins, not to mention the Methylphenidate would precipitate out of solution when the liquid cools again.

Can someone shed some light on this? I have seen people shoot up 40mg of this stuff in 60 units of water. Are they completely wasting their prescription?

Thank you for any insights you may have.

Well, I've done some sleuthing and have come to the conclusion that the link you posted is the solubility of methylphenidate freebase, while methylphenidate HCl is much more soluble in water. I experimented with IV Ritalin before and had similar results. It seemed that even if I increased the dose, it failed to produce a stronger effect. But looking back, I wonder if I just didn't notice it. I was expecting a rush, which I never experienced. However, instead of seeing how it affected me, I almost immediately tried a larger dose to create a rush. After a third try, I thought about the dangers of the fillers and my lack of a proper filter and decided it was foolish to continue attempting this. I was definitely stimulated. I stayed up all night, was not hungry, and had the mental space of being on an upper. I wonder now if the first shot did affect me, but because I didn't feel a rush I didn't pick up on it. Looking back, I do recall being pretty jittery.

You are smart to not use heat. While hot liquids are bad for your veins, the threat of the fillers/binders dissolving is more dangerous. I would use heat to cook up BTH, but let it cool before I drew it up and administered it to myself. The real threat is in potentially dissolving the other ingredients in the pill (as well as potentially losing some Ritalin).

I do hope you are using safe techniques to do this, including using a micron filter. I came to the conclusion that it wasn't worth it, and that snorting had more of a punch and euphoria. Even if I had a micron filter, I doubt I would attempt it. I don't know why I don't experience the "cocaine like rush" that is mentioned frequently about IV methylphenidate, but I am a little relieved to hear that I am not the only one.

If you are experimenting, it'd be cool if you tried to figure out if maybe the lack of rush makes it hard to determine if the "legs" of the high are longer lasting or more intense between doses.

Last edited:
Uyes thank you.

I had the suspicion the link may cite the solubility of the freebase, but I did lots of research and could only find two figures, both indicating a solubility of roughly 1.3mg/ml.

I use micron filters and I'm really good about my injection technique, so I'm good in that department.
Seeing how trying to shoot the stuff is a futile undertaking, I conclude that I am much better off snorting the crushed pills.

If anybody else has anything to add, please chime in and drop your 2 cents.

At one point, I wondered if my over-zealous, but futile filtering technique was the reason I never experienced a rush. I would use multiple cottons, hoping to remove as much nasty as possible since I was lacking a proper filter. Hearing that you had a similar experience has got me curious. Surely, if this was a typical experience for IV Ritalin there wouldn't be so many sources documenting medical conditions that it has caused nor the widespread repetition of "potential IV abuse" and "cocaine like" in threads and articles alike.

Would you (or anyone else) mind sharing your experiences with IV methylphenidate? Has anyone experienced a rush? Has anyone had noticeably different effects from larger doses? I am not interested in anyone experimenting for the sake of reporting back. I wanna hear about experiences that happened independently.

Years ago I shot a few 10mg Ritalin tablets and got a fairly decent rush followed by a nasty comedown shortly afterwards.
Dissolved 10-20mg methylphenidate in no more than 1-1.5ml water.

Later tried the same with some generics and had almost no effect a the same doses. Probably down to the shoddy generic nature of the pills.

BTW I never heated my shots.

Back when I was highschool I was completely hooked on banging my ritalins, I even came up with an ingenious method for getting it in the spike with hardly any pillshitt. I eventually had to take myself off ritalin and ask for adderal because I could not stop shooting the ritties. The last time I did this It was almost indistinguishable from a cocaine rush, scared the shit out of me. These are VERRY soluable in water.

I don't suppose you would care to share your ingenious method for getting the Ritalin into the spike?

Just plugged 100 mg of ritalin on top of an equal oral dose and got off, but no rush.

this is an old thread and this may fall on deaf ears but i too am searching for the leusive ritalin rush.

i did 40mg IR with 1ml h20 and got a ever so lsight rush but it was strange. it was like right as i strated to feel it POOF, it didnt happen. like a sexy chick with an amazing ass ever so slightly briushing it against your dick and then continue walking away.....tease lol

im so tempted to just mix up 100mg and try it but i cannot find any consistent info on the threshold of solubilty.

hello all i believe the previous post about freebase methylphenidate being poorly water soluble. after diving into a bottle of ritalin with a spoon and something sharp i can say they are water soluble. i'm interested myself as to how much so, but my friend has been injecting 40-60mg at a time and noticed that snorting the same dose did more, or seemed to do more he may of just been disapointed by the lack of any great rush. I keep hearing about this stuff giving people a good coke like rush but have never experienced anything like a good shoot of coke when doing ritalin

-yours truly, spoonbender420

I don't suppose you would care to share your ingenious method for getting the Ritalin into the spike?
this all depends on the formulation of Methylphenidate one is working with some like Methylin are as eazy as dilaudid or instant release oxycodone. While some of the time released ones can be just as frustrating as time released opiate pills
-spoonbender420

Hey kierankjo, this thread is 5 years old with the last response nearly 2 (and fell on deaf ears as the poster predicted). Not saying someone couldnt come along and answer, but if you need to know, search our or other sites.

swim has IVd many of the blue 10mg rits, not so much like a coke high. more comparable to speed. The ones i've seen seem to be perfectly soluble in water, there is of course a wash left in the spoon but that's just the binders. never add head to ritalin unless it's an extended release, they will melt like an oil and can be booted but you have to be quick.

solubility is 10-20mg/mL (about) - the HCl salt

watch out for degradation at pH 7

few hours in plain 7 pH water and methylphenidate is gone...

I had tried shooting the 20mg instant tablets, with no rush, no significant high, or difference in me where I enjoyed it. Fuck I'd don't even think it did anything