• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Methylphenidate (racemic) Max Dose

P

PhenUdateSaf

What is the maximum physically-safe dose estimate for methylphenidate in a heart-healthy 160LB male, specifically taken via anal route w/ a totally clean rectum/canal?
I have heard that over 100mg is dangerous but that you would most likely be OK up to 200mg if using common sense and heart-healthy.

P.S: How does the dangerous dose of d-methylphenidate compare to racemic methylphenidate? Does the increased mental effect also come with increased physical effects? I have heard conflicting things about this, most people say that d-methylphenidate does not cause more physical side effects and thus can safely produce much stronger mental stimulation than the racemate (ex: effects of 80mg dexteo = 160mg racemic; 80mg is safe, 160 is dangerous)

P.P.S: I'm on stimms right now, sorry if im rambling

Extra info about optical isomers (d- dextro, l-, levo, racemic):
Some compounds are chiral, which means that they exist in multiple forms, even though they have the same structure and formula. Each form is an optical isomer of the parent compound. The only difference between each isomer (form) is the way it interacats with light; however, each isomer can have very dissimilar pharmacological effects.
Most compounds, including methylphenidate, only exist in two forms(, but there are exceptions). A racemic mixture is a mix of equal levels of different isomers /(example: racemic coumpunds w, 4x isomers would be made of 1/4 of each isomer). When a chemical is synthesized, it is often easier to make a racemic mixture; methylphenidate is no exception.
Racemic methylphenidate is the form contained in Ritalin and Concerta. Focalin contains only d-methylphenidate/dextromethylphenidate, which is double as potent in terms of mental effects. The levo isomer of methylphenidate is not signifigantly psychoactive.

I'd expect you can take a lot of methylphenidate before you keel over, that doesn't mean you should aim for 100mg to start though.... try between 10 and 30mg to start. 100mg would probably put you into jitter land.

It was also my understanding that L-methylphenidate is rapidly destroyed by the body and eliminated, so racemic methylpenhidate is effectively the same as taking 1/2 the dose of d-methylphenidate.