• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Methylene blue

bluemonkey

Bluelighter
For prepping purposes ( like to use if the world ( society as we know it comes to an end and then some kids drink some cleaning chemicals)! I am thinking about purchasing methylene blue that is usually used in fish tanks. Specifically I’m looking at https://www.googleadservices.com/pa...ooq29taCAxXtL0QIHXJKDqcQwg8oAHoECAUQDA&adurl=
My thought process is that a lot of hospitals don’t carry it now so might be good to have some to bring with us. Any glaring safety concerns I should be worried about ( baring in mind that it’s for survival situations which means it would only be used if my prep group was looking for the least bad option because no good options were available). Thanks

This is pretty exhaustive, read it as it covers more than my post. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK557593/

In general bad side effects are seen at 7 mg/kg doses were stated to be 2-5 mg/kg. It's a MAOI, so don't mix with other meds without reading up on it (anything that raises serotonin like SSRIs or tramadol could be deadly, but there are lots of incomparability). People should avoid this if they have a glucose-6-phosphatase, deficiency because it will rip up their red blood cells (people wouldn't be able to eat lots of fava beans, and take a lot of meds with this).

What is your use case?

Thanks, like I said I just want to add it to my preparation because I know lots of chemicals can cause methemoglobinenia.!Also I think it used to be used for ricin poisoning and who knows what the world could revert to understand the “ right” or wrong circumstances

Guns, bullets and water will be the currency of the apocalypse, I suggest stocking up on those if you're worried.

I have a survival group we are working together and since I know the most of the group of us my job is to handle the medicine and hygiene supplies ( at least until we can find an interested Dr to take over the job then I’ll probably switch to figuring out our food and water supplies with my friend Laura

Guns, bullets and water will be the currency of the apocalypse, I suggest stocking up on those if you're worried.

I have a survival group we are working together and since I know the most of the group of us my job is to handle the medicine and hygiene supplies ( at least until we can find an interested Dr to take over the job then I’ll probably switch to figuring out our food and water supplies with my friend Laura

Will you two have contact with other survival groups? For trade and territory wars?

I don't see how methylene blue would help for ricin poisoning, unless it would prevent catalytic activity of the ricin (or endocytosis of the AB protein).

It can be helpful for knocking cyanide groups off heme, but I'm pretty sure alkyl nitrates (inhaled), cyanocobolamin (IV), and most importantly thiosulfate (IV) are standards of care.