• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Methedone to subutex

BakingSoda

Greenlighter
Hey team. I was a fentanyl user for 4 years, did an 8 day detox with total abstinence, then started methedone because it was so fucking hard. I’ve now been on methedone at the highest dose for about 3 weeks now. Things are going great, but here’s the problem. I work construction and just got a job that requires a drive. I cannot make my daily doses starting in 4 days.. unless I don’t work. I want to switch over to subutex. Have any of you transitioned from methedone to subs? Am I going to withdrawal hard or weak given I’ve only been taking it 3 weeks now? The subs will make my life a lot easier given I can get a monthly supply. any good advice would help!!

What dose of methadone?

Essentially a switch from methadone to buprenorphine isn't too desirable if you are on more than say 30-40mg of methadone. Even then the switch needs to be gradual, using the "bernese method" where you slowly expose yourself to tiny doses of buprenorphine in increasing amounts.

75 mg. 3 weeks in.

Well if you do it you'll want to do it ASAP since its only been 3 weeks.

Do you already have the suboxone?

Also take a look at this (though your situation is a bit difficult given that its only been three weeks)

I
Well if you do it you'll want to do it ASAP since its only been 3 weeks.

Do you already have the suboxone?

Also take a look at this (though your situation is a bit difficult given that its only been three weeks)

I sure did. It’s a weird situation to be in. But I do want to remain clean! I’ll get on it ASAP. I get my subs on Tuesday. Gonna stop methedone dosing Saturday.

Hey team. I was a fentanyl user for 4 years, did an 8 day detox with total abstinence, then started methedone because it was so fucking hard. I’ve now been on methedone at the highest dose for about 3 weeks now. Things are going great, but here’s the problem. I work construction and just got a job that requires a drive. I cannot make my daily doses starting in 4 days.. unless I don’t work. I want to switch over to subutex. Have any of you transitioned from methedone to subs? Am I going to withdrawal hard or weak given I’ve only been taking it 3 weeks now? The subs will make my life a lot easier given I can get a monthly supply. any good advice would help!!
Good luck bro if you want it that bad you will be able to do it keep in mind though, that methadone stays active in your system a long time you have to wait until your in minor withdrawal and be sure you are in WD and not just sober even after the methadone has cleared from your body you still might not be in wd