• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Methamphetamines and brain buzz feeling

eyeswideshuttoday

Greenlighter
So let me start by saying i am a fairly light user when it comes to dosage amount. A quarter gram of crystal methamphetamine will last me 2.5 to 3 days. However, i am a daily user. And use no more than 2-3 doses a day. My ROA is nasal. I sleep EVERY night for at least 6 hrs and make sure to eat. I also monitor my water intake as its easy to forget sometimes. I have been using daily for roughly a month and a half with small day/night breaks here and there. ANYWAYS, to my question.

After about 2 hrs go by from initial dosing, i start to get this weird brain buzz going on. It is almost to the point of dizziness but not quite. It is more annoying than anything. It literally feels like my brain is buzzing.
I have noticed in the past when i would "binge", which i no longer do....if i was sleep deprived this feeling would become more severe. To the point of vertigo. It is not a constant thing but happens very frequently and does not subside with later doses.
Any thoughts? Please do not give me the "quit using meth" crap as i already know i need to do this and do have a date set for sobriety....whether this will be successful or not is a whole other thing.

It happens if im sitting or standing. Doesnt really matter what im doing. However, i just realized it isnt as noticeable when im walking around.

Oh, ok. If it happened when you suddenly got up, it could be orthostatic hypotension, which is a common symptom of dehydration. Happens to me on regular amphetamines sometimes if I forget to drink enough.

Oh, ok. If it happened when you suddenly got up, it could be orthostatic hypotension, which is a common symptom of dehydration. Happens to me on regular amphetamines sometimes if I forget to drink enough.

I am super OCD about my water intake, food is more of a chore but i buy loads of smoothies if all else fails.

Could be a blood pressure thing, or maybe you didn't eat enough ?
But it could be something else, it's impossible to tell

Eat a lot of fruit etc. your body needs natural antioxidants

Could be a blood pressure thing, or maybe you didn't eat enough ?
But it could be something else, it's impossible to tell

Eat a lot of fruit etc. your body needs natural antioxidants

Well last night before bed, i stuffed my face. This morning....a couple hrs after dosing....BOOM it is still here. So annoying.

When I was using meth, before the tolerance went through the roof and I no longer got high, the "peak" of any given dose I took would be accompanied by a short period of feeling "buzzed" and some mild nystagmus. The same phenomenon occurred to a lesser extent when I initially began using Adderall, years earlier.

I had recrystallized and washed the meth a million times and was using doses around 25-50mg maybe 1-3 times a day during the period when the buzzing was present. Later on, I did not experience the buzzing or dizziness, but I would need 100mg+ doses just to be functional.

I suspect the buzzing is normal and just present because you haven't obliterated your dopamine system yet. Did you have a stim habit before meth?

^I agree that it might be normal. I used to get a little head buzz from adderall all the time, still do actually, I just don't often dose high anymore. I've never tried meth, but I'm sure it'd be a much more pronounced feeling. Plus, OP mentioned that it would not subside with later doses. That matches up with my amphetamine experiences as well. Maybe anxiety is playing a role too, at least making you notice it more?

Also, do you smoke weed with/while high on meth, OP? Because weed always makes that buzz very noticeable when I'm on adderall.

When I was using meth, before the tolerance went through the roof and I no longer got high, the "peak" of any given dose I took would be accompanied by a short period of feeling "buzzed" and some mild nystagmus. The same phenomenon occurred to a lesser extent when I initially began using Adderall, years earlier.

I had recrystallized and washed the meth a million times and was using doses around 25-50mg maybe 1-3 times a day during the period when the buzzing was present. Later on, I did not experience the buzzing or dizziness, but I would need 100mg+ doses just to be functional.

I suspect the buzzing is normal and just present because you haven't obliterated your dopamine system yet. Did you have a stim habit before meth?

I would on occasion pop some addys but as far as habits go, no.

My last addiction...also my first one was Tramadol. For about 2 years.

^I agree that it might be normal. I used to get a little head buzz from adderall all the time, still do actually, I just don't often dose high anymore. I've never tried meth, but I'm sure it'd be a much more pronounced feeling. Plus, OP mentioned that it would not subside with later doses. That matches up with my amphetamine experiences as well. Maybe anxiety is playing a role too, at least making you notice it more?

Also, do you smoke weed with/while high on meth, OP? Because weed always makes that buzz very noticeable when I'm on adderall.

Life has been nothing short of really fucking stressful so the anxiety theory makes sense.
I actually dont smoke weed at all and havent other than the occasional drunk toke, since highschool.

Life has been nothing short of really fucking stressful so the anxiety theory makes sense.
I actually dont smoke weed at all and havent other than the occasional drunk toke, since highschool.

I would think anxiety is likely then, especially considering that amphetamines tend to heighten it for a lot of people during the high, and if not then, during the comedown. I always feel foggy around the time it starts wearing off, especially if I've been redosing. It's almost like slight vertigo for me as well, except I'm not actually dizzy nor do I have issues with balance. I bet not eating as much as you would off of amps adds to it. Even if you make an effort, it's just not the same. I suck at eating on amps. I try, but I just forget and next thing I know it's 8 hours later. That always makes the buzzy/foggy feeling worse for me. Normal symptoms of not eating enough btw, but any amphetamine user will probably (understandably) think it's specifically a drug effect.

Well that puts my mind at ease, so thank you. I am going to try to be more focused on better eating habits as well. Always seems to be the very last priority.