• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids methadone & sweating?

alovexsopure

Greenlighter
i never used to sweat like this before...

now that ive been on methadone 125mg for 90 days, i sweat like crazy! but only my forehead, upper lip, basically my head area is where i sweat profusely.

its really bad esp. when im at work....and i have to wipe off sweat every minute. what is the deal with this? i am thinking it is my methadone. cause this never used to happen to me before...when does this go away? and will LOWERING my dose cause me to sweat less????

I had the same problem myself. I think it was from not really needing methadone.. My habit at the time was only like 80-100mg oxy daily.
What was your doc and dosage if you don't mind me asking

my DOC was IV HEROIN.

it started with pills...i was doing vicodin, morphine, fentanyl, oxys...i was doing 80mg oxycontins. became too expensive [$50/pill] and wasn't getting high anymore, so i moved onto heroin. eventually IVing it. doing probably a gram a day.

yup!

This happened to me when I tried MMT. I quit it after a month and switched to buprenorphine. YMMV

Ya I left MMT but found the warm blanket we all know and was up to about a solid G or more a day then I found subs.. Total game changer..worked like a charm..alovex have you tried subs? They are much more conducive to having a regular life and work schedule. I just got back onto subs about two months ago after a little prison time but have you checked into subs? They do have a generic and I'm not talking about just straight buprennorphine but a bup/nalox mix. Also they have a new film out called zubsolv I thinks that's the spelling .. Not sure if i can post link so just Google it..has lots of other bup/nlx mixes..here is an example

A white triangular tablet with a strength of 1.4 mg/0.36 mg (buprenorphine/naloxone) – this equates to a 2 mg Suboxone film or tablet.
A white circular tablet with a strength of 5.7 mg/1.4 mg – this equates to an 8 mg Suboxone film or tablet.2

Hope this helps ya bud

it seems like mmt is becoming a thing of the past while suboxone is coming to the forefront. I'm on mmt, at 50mg a day. i don't feel any euphoria or anything , just no w/d symptoms.

yes, i was on suboxone for a couple of years. but im in arizona now. and im not sure if insurance covers it or how to get it here. i was kicking hard and just went to the methadone clinic right away. i do actually prefer subs tho. im gonna look into suboxone.

Hey alovex, I was having the same problem paying for it so I tried out the Obama healthcare website and it took some looking but I found a company that covers suboxone strips my monthly premium is like 330 but now my monthly doc visit is only 60 and my whole months script (84 strips) cost me 60 .. So instead of spending 862 a month a pay only 450..that's not much more than mmt.. I know back in like 2007 my mmt daily fee was 10 a dayso about 300 plus gasto get there.. So I'll find the insurance company and try and post it for you..depending on what you make you might fall under a free state program which I believe has to pay for subs because opiate addiction is a chronic disease

Not going to read every single post but I personally dont find I sweat at all on Methadone normally, however, when I am doing anything physical such as sex or work I sweat twice as much. If you're sweating doing nothing then you may need to up your dose. Otherwise, hate to say it, but its normal on MMT.

I heat they're replacing subs with something called zubsolv which is still buprenorphine / nalaxone but it has better bio availability than subs do. Your probably sweating because your lowering your dose, I remember tapering off subs and being in various levels of WD the 1st symptom to show it self was always the sweating.