• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids methadone saved my life can i take it forever?

GETHIMOFFTHEDRUGS

Greenlighter
ok let me start off like this i was an oxy/dilaudid addict for about 8 years i got bad i mean real bad i sold all my shit guns/cars/grow equpitment/whole life just so i wouldnt go into withdrawls. i litterly hit rockbottom and thought i would die a junkie .... well one day i just couldnt get any pills or or other opiates and i was planning a pharmacy robbery i mean this shit had me going crazzy not caring about anyone butmyself!!! so my wife made me promise i would atleast try METHADONE TO GET OFF THE PILLS and i would always argue how it wont help. so i finaly said fuck it ill try it so she took me down to the clinic and i sighned up they started me on 40mg and within 2 hours i was complelty normal again no withdrawls or anything. i was SO FUCKING HAPPY but still unsure if this was right for me so i continued to go for a few weeks and it relly helped i still got small cravings but nothing to bad so now ive been on it for 3 months im up to 80mg and i plan on siwtiching to maintance now if i could stay on this drug my whole life i would still be happy becuase its only costing me 150 a month compared to the 400 a day i was spending on oxys so this relly has saved my life so far and i have no problem taking it for the rest of my life seeing how much easier it is then my oxy addiction but i am wondering what some long term sideaffects might be

i know some of you are going to say methadone is a bad drug but if you could see how bad i got on opiates you would understnad why i am ok with taking this forever i am completly able to function and i love it

i agree, methadone can be a great tool for recovery; some people just need some type of ORT to thrive and survive. however, some people out there abuse it and take drugs on top of methadone/suboxone. i admit, i did it for a while, and i didnt get anywhere in life.

but..........this more of a blog, there is really no HR here

Maybe I should go for a low potentional opiate first. If Methadone's that great I would try it. So long after my last Opium using days that I start to grave it again.

I mean.. yeah I guess in theory you could take it for the rest of your life.. I know a lot of people who have been on it for longer then I've been alive and will never get off but.. it's really not a life most people want to live.

Helped me at first... after 3 years.. down to 25 mg a day. Still my sex life aint like it was before.. when i was on 85 a day i was getting fat and whenever i was not moving i was sleeping... and eating.

Also i am doing a lot of sport despite of chronic back pain and it made me loose muscle mass and it is taking longer to recuperate. It was a life saver indeed and i could stay at 25 for ever but i feel like it made me a little like a robot. I might feel normal but i am not.

It changed me

Yes in theory mate id love to as well but like some of the posts its still crap for me i sleep and eat too much ive no energy or motivation to exercise i have to go chemist every other day it becomes your life get your meth 1st then plan your day and usually i do nothing im on 45 and i thought id conquered it felt great but no my life is crap no job no contact with people a hermit really so id say get off it i need to

Yes in theory mate id love to as well but like some of the posts its still crap for me i sleep and eat too much ive no energy or motivation to exercise i have to go chemist every other day it becomes your life get your meth 1st then plan your day and usually i do nothing im on 45 and i thought id conquered it felt great but no my life is crap no job no contact with people a hermit really so id say get off it i need to

Hey bruh,

you bumped a thread 3 years old, you'd probably find more discourse and people to relate to in the methadone megathread: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/601690-Methadone-Mega-Thread-and-FAQ-v-2-0/

u could take t forever but just wait a year or so down the line, u will get sick of feling tired al of the time, going to the linic, having no sex drive..when u quit, get ready for months of nasty withdrawals..u wont even feel like a human being so my advice dont get comfortable on methadone, get off it as soon as u can..most people i went to the clinic with were not happy folks..