• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Methadone or suboxone while kicking off of 140mg oxycodone/day?

angelomorgano

Bluelighter
Hi, this is my first post here. I am new and need to find my way. If I post this in the wrong place then I will happy correct it!

Past year I have used oxycodone recreationaly 2/3 times per week. When I use I normally start with 30-40mg and then take an extra 5mg tab every 30 minutes, up to 100mg total for that day. I mainly use around the weekend, not during work and I never really experienced any withdrawals.

Three weeks ago I got a flu and noticed that if I take a high dose of oxycodone in the night, most of the symptoms went decreased significantly (such as heavily congested nose) till the next day afternoon. I was able to sleep and go to work the next day. When I returned home, I took oxy again. I planned on doing this until the flu was gone. I bumped up the dose to 120-140mg per day in the following two weeks which I had never done before. 2 and a half weeks later, the flu was gone and I stopped taking oxy. After two days I started feeling withdrawals like sweating, my eyes sometimes started tearing and a very lethargic feeling and together with feelings of discomfort. Not really a good state to be able to work in.

I have some methadone laying around (only tried methadone once, and found it similar to oxy). On the second day of withrawal I took about 17.5mg of methadone at 11am and it fixed everything up until the next day 18pm. That night on the third day of withdrawal I felt a little uncomfortable again and decided to take 50mg of oxy. That helped me for another 2 days until I started feeling slightly uncomfortable, but much less than before.

My question is: does methadone prolong the withdrawal if you take it after using oxycodone for a couple of weeks? or could I take it at the minimal dose per day as needed for 3 to 4 days and then stop.
I can maybe also find some suboxone, would that be a better alternative?
Or would it be better to taper off using oxycodone itself? like lower doses in 4 days going 120mg, 60mg, 30mg, 15mg, stop?

Last edited:
Well, I cannot really appear at work like that. I could call in sick but I rather not.

Nevertheless, I would like to know if the use of any other opiods would extend the withdrawals

Certainly the use of either would extend your withdrawals. However...I read once that certain doctors had made use of a single large dose of buprenorphine. So one would wait until they were in withdrawals from the oxygen, then take a rather large dose of suboxone. This would theoretically allow one to slowly coast down from way up in High Heaven. Use wisdom, and of course the sub dose should not be so large as to be dangerous. If it were I, it would be like 16 mg or so. For you maybe less? Good luck CfZrx

Thanks for the info! I was under the impression that methadone and suboxone both work through a different mechanism than oxy, so you could recover from oxy dependency and mute the effects of withdrawal. I know that suboxone is buprenorphine and naloxone, naloxone basically removes all the opiods from the receptors in your brain, effectively blocking them. Buprenorphine is also an opiod, but that one is apparantly not blocked then? Not really sure what the mechanism is.

In other posts I also read that methadone is not really detected in common opiod drug tests because it works in a slightly different way.

If both of those options just extend your withrawal, then why use them at all and not taper down?

Methadone won't extend wd if you use low doses

Here

Day 1: 15mg

Day 2: 12.5 my

Day 3: 10mg

Day 4 5-7.5mg

Day 5: 2.5mg

And then you stop. Pretty simple, you don't have a large habit

Angelo, it is my belief that you do not require anything remotely like Methadone maintenance or even a taper. If anything, try to get Opioids out of your system as fast as possible before you do acquire a more serious dependence.

If you cant appear at work like that, you should call in sick. I hate this analogy, but you will have to pay the puper in some way. Take the bull by the horns now, get it over with and you will most likely have an easier time.

If you have any questions please dont hesitate to ask. If you need to step down, just soften your landing over the course of 3-4 days. That would be best.

Thanks for taking the time to reply! It's good to know it's not that large of a habit, which helps mentally I guess.
I will try to take nothing at all, and if wd really gets in the way I will see if it's possible to call in sick that day, if not I will take a low dose of methadone to get me through the day.

I'd also recommend codeine over done or bupe for such a minor habit as a taper

Last edited:
I WILL JUST SAY TREAD LIGHTLY~!!!!!!!!! 10 years on bupe here can`t come off tried 5 time`s ;(

A while ago I got some advice here for stopping the oxy which I was taking at +- 150mg/day for more than a month, before that I took it 3/4 times a week around the weekend at that does, and not really during the workweek.

Some other context, sometimes I combine it with smoking some methamphetamine while on oxy, and sometimes some cocaine or 3mmc (a designer drug), but not every day! I do not really like cocaine, and meth gets old quite quickly as well, I tried it for the first time some months ago and I was quite disappointed If you hear the scare stories.. (but that was also the case with oxy)

Back to the problem at hand. When stoppying with the oxy's about a months ago, I used suboxone and cocaine for 2 days:
day 1: 4mg suboxone + 1 gram of cocaine - feeling ok but agitated because of the coke
day 2: 2mg suboxone + 1 gram of cocaine - feeling unrest because of the coke
day 3: took nothing - feeling ok
day 4: took nothing - went for a 5km run at 10kmh at the end of the day, at the end of the day I felt like I couldn't even let the dog out anymore, light feeling of tremors.
day 5: took nothing - felt like shit, no energy with cold shivers sometimes, bigger pupils (and felt huge amount of pain in my uppper left leg) 2 hours of sleep max
day 5: took nothing - felt like shit, no energy with sometimes (and still a huge amount of pain in my upper left leg, so bad it wakes me up with ripping muscle pain) 2 hours of sleep max, the doctor said it is pinched sensory nerve in my hip and put me on paracetamol+diclofenac+**oxycodone**. I did not take the oxy
day 6: took nothing - felt a little better, let the dog out, but the pain in my leg was still huge
day 6: took nothing - felt a little better, but the pain was such a discomfort that I decided to take the oxy again. I slowly titrated from 20mg upward to 40-50mg, which was the dose that was now adequate to suppress the problems.

I was on oxy again for more than 10 days, not because of lack of willpower, but because of pain ~_~.

After that I quit again hoping the pain was away (my condition usually lasts 6 weeks, with the first 2 weeks maximum pain).
So then I decided not to try the suboxone but methadone instead, just to see the difference. I tried Lorne??? his taper:

Day 1: 15mg methadone - feeling OK, not high but the pain went away and felt quite normal, 9hrs of sleep
Day 2: 12.5mg methadone - feeling OK, just a bit tired, 7.30 hours of sleep max
Day 3: 10mg methadone - feeling OK, just a bit tired, 6 hours of sleep max
Day 4: 7.5mg methadone - feeling OK, 100 pushups and went for a 5km run, tired but could only sleep 6h, and woke up in the night
Day 5: 5mg methadone - feeling OK, just a bit tired, 100 pushups again, 6 hours of sleep max and woke up again
Day 6: 2.5mg methadone - feeling OK, went for a 100 pushups + 5km run, quite tired still only 6 hours of sleep
Day 7: nothing - feeling OK, pupils normal, 3 times cold shivers but that's all. Quite tired during the day but more energy in the night, I took 2mg lormetazepam to sleep, but again only 6.5 hours max.
Day 8: nothing - feeling OK, woke up and went for a 5.5k run and it felt amazing, after the run I felt SUPER tired.
**This is where I am now**
The pain is still there but it very manageable.
I know that methadone has a very long half-life, If I use the population average about 1 day and use a half life calculator I should have less than 2.5 methadone in my system as of now. Which is about the equal of 5mg oxycodone. I wonder how coming days will be but I have good faith :).

The question is: after how much time should my oxycodone tolerance be back to normal (25mg initial dose)? My plan is to not do anything for the coming two weeks. but I am BORED as hell in the weekends.

Last edited:
A while ago I got some advice here for stopping the oxy which I was taking at +- 150mg/day for more than a month, before that I took it 3/4 times a week around the weekend at that does, and not really during the workweek.

Some other context, sometimes I combine it with smoking some methamphetamine while on oxy, and sometimes some cocaine or 3mmc (a designer drug), but not every day! I do not really like cocaine, and meth gets old quite quickly as well, I tried it for the first time some months ago and I was quite disappointed If you hear the scare stories.. (but that was also the case with oxy)

Back to the problem at hand. When stoppying with the oxy's about a months ago, I used suboxone and cocaine for 2 days:
day 1: 4mg suboxone + 1 gram of cocaine - feeling ok but agitated because of the coke
day 2: 2mg suboxone + 1 gram of cocaine - feeling unrest because of the coke
day 3: took nothing - feeling ok
day 4: took nothing - went for a 5km run at 10kmh at the end of the day, at the end of the day I felt like I couldn't even let the dog out anymore, light feeling of tremors.
day 5: took nothing - felt like shit, no energy with cold shivers sometimes, bigger pupils (and felt huge amount of pain in my uppper left leg) 2 hours of sleep max
day 5: took nothing - felt like shit, no energy with sometimes (and still a huge amount of pain in my upper left leg, so bad it wakes me up with ripping muscle pain) 2 hours of sleep max, the doctor said it is pinched sensory nerve in my hip and put me on paracetamol+diclofenac+**oxycodone**. I did not take the oxy
day 6: took nothing - felt a little better, let the dog out, but the pain in my leg was still huge
day 6: took nothing - felt a little better, but the pain was such a discomfort that I decided to take the oxy again. I slowly titrated from 20mg upward to 40-50mg, which was the dose that was now adequate to suppress the problems.

I was on oxy again for more than 10 days, not because of lack of willpower, but because of pain ~_~.

After that I quit again hoping the pain was away (my condition usually lasts 6 weeks, with the first 2 weeks maximum pain).
So then I decided not to try the suboxone but methadone instead, just to see the difference. I tried Lorne??? his taper:

Day 1: 15mg methadone - feeling OK, not high but the pain went away and felt quite normal, 9hrs of sleep
Day 2: 12.5mg methadone - feeling OK, just a bit tired, 7.30 hours of sleep max
Day 3: 10mg methadone - feeling OK, just a bit tired, 6 hours of sleep max
Day 4: 7.5mg methadone - feeling OK, 100 pushups and went for a 5km run, tired but could only sleep 6h, and woke up in the night
Day 5: 5mg methadone - feeling OK, just a bit tired, 100 pushups again, 6 hours of sleep max and woke up again
Day 6: 2.5mg methadone - feeling OK, went for a 100 pushups + 5km run, quite tired still only 6 hours of sleep
Day 7: nothing - feeling OK, pupils normal, 3 times cold shivers but that's all. Quite tired during the day but more energy in the night, I took 2mg lormetazepam to sleep, but again only 6.5 hours max.
Day 8: nothing - feeling OK, woke up and went for a 5.5k run and it felt amazing, after the run I felt SUPER tired.
**This is where I am now**
The pain is still there but it very manageable.
I know that methadone has a very long half-life, If I use the population average about 1 day and use a half life calculator I should have less than 2.5 methadone in my system as of now. Which is about the equal of 5mg oxycodone. I wonder how coming days will be but I have good faith :).

The question is: after how much time should my oxycodone tolerance be back to normal (25mg initial dose)? My plan is to not do anything for the coming two weeks. but I am BORED as hell in the weekends.
Let me Tell you, this thing gets worse over Time. Once you develop withdrawals, every Time you go back u end up faster n wds than the previous one. U should quit altogether if u dont Wanna get a serious dependence.

Hmm i did not know it would get worse over time. I always assumed it just takes the brain a certain amount of time to rebalance. I know that if you have a multi year long dependence you can get the system out of whack forever, but my plan is to go back to doing it max 3 times per week.

Actually I have got some heroin to try for the first time. I keep reading that it is similar to oxy, but its a lot cheaper and if the high is the same, or a little better, then it is worth a try. I also read that some ppl experience worse withdrawals from oxy than from heroin.

Hmm i did not know it would get worse over time. I always assumed it just takes the brain a certain amount of time to rebalance.

Opioid usage is the sort of thing where it only ever stops getting worse, it never gets better. Every day of opioid use will make your withdrawal more painful, and every withdrawal you undergo generally gets harder.

Actually I have got some heroin to try for the first time.

Street heroin is actually much more dangerous than oxycodone pills are. Oxycodone pills from the pharmacy have a consistent dose and only contain oxycodone. Heroin from the street is of highly variable purity and may or may not even have any heroin present - in this day and age fentanyl analogues are widespread. Thanks to this, a lethal dose ould be as little as 2 milligrams of powder if it were pure fentanyl.

Also, history shows that if you are a recreational oxycodone user, and heroin works out to be half the price, you'll just buy and use twice as much.

Opioid usage is the sort of thing where it only ever stops getting worse, it never gets better. Every day of opioid use will make your withdrawal more painful, and every withdrawal you undergo generally gets harder.
This is a real bummer. I think I won't be able to give it up alltogether but this will keep myself better in-line (i hope). Maybe it's just a stupid assumption, but If use only in the weekends then I expect no withdrawals.

Street heroin is actually much more dangerous than oxycodone pills are. Oxycodone pills from the pharmacy have a consistent dose and only contain oxycodone. Heroin from the street is of highly variable purity and may or may not even have any heroin present - in this day and age fentanyl analogues are widespread.
I live in the netherlands, according to the stats we only have about 11000 heroin addicts, which is quite low. It was also quite hard to find the heroin as all dealers avoid that shit like crazy. It has quite a bad stigma. Most dealers here have literally everything except opiods. I haven't heard of heroin being mixed with fent here.

Also, history shows that if you are a recreational oxycodone user, and heroin works out to be half the price, you'll just buy and use twice as much.
I admit that I took oxy way to much which started with being sick and it suppressed my sickness symptoms, but me being able to go without for a while is proof for myself that I can go back to using it recreationally, and making sure my tolerance doesn't skyrocket.

I've tried fentanyl nosespray about 2/3 months ago, but I found fentanyl super bland, don't really see why ppl would prefer that over oxy. I've also tried methadone and bupe, not that special. Even oxy is just "meh" but it's definatelly better than nothing :p, and I do need something to spend my time with in the weekends (which used to be coke which did more harm imho). I also have a couple 10mg pure morphine ampuls for injection, although I do not want to start injecting, I will try those in my bellyfat subcutaneously, because I don't see another way. Drinking them will probably not do any good?

Anyway, that's why I am not that scared of heroin, as I was before I have ever used opiods. And money is not that much of a concern, luckily

I really hope I can prove to be different :)

BTW, this is day 5 with nothing, and yesterday I suddenly felt a turning point during the day where the lethargy went away and suddenly felt awesome :) Sleep is still out of wack, 4-6 hours per night

This is a real bummer. I think I won't be able to give it up alltogether but this will keep myself better in-line (i hope). Maybe it's just a stupid assumption, but If use only in the weekends then I expect no withdrawals.

I live in the netherlands, according to the stats we only have about 11000 heroin addicts, which is quite low. It was also quite hard to find the heroin as all dealers avoid that shit like crazy. It has quite a bad stigma. Most dealers here have literally everything except opiods. I haven't heard of heroin being mixed with fent here.

I admit that I took oxy way to much which started with being sick and it suppressed my sickness symptoms, but me being able to go without for a while is proof for myself that I can go back to using it recreationally, and making sure my tolerance doesn't skyrocket.

I've tried fentanyl nosespray about 2/3 months ago, but I found fentanyl super bland, don't really see why ppl would prefer that over oxy. I've also tried methadone and bupe, not that special. Even oxy is just "meh" but it's definatelly better than nothing :p, and I do need something to spend my time with in the weekends (which used to be coke which did more harm imho). I also have a couple 10mg pure morphine ampuls for injection, although I do not want to start injecting, I will try those in my bellyfat subcutaneously, because I don't see another way. Drinking them will probably not do any good?

Anyway, that's why I am not that scared of heroin, as I was before I have ever used opiods. And money is not that much of a concern, luckily

I really hope I can prove to be different :)

BTW, this is day 5 with nothing, and yesterday I suddenly felt a turning point during the day where the lethargy went away and suddenly felt awesome :) Sleep is still out of wack, 4-6 hours per night

That's pretty shocking based off the fact Amsterdam is a heroin flood gate for the entire world :LOL:

Keep fighting man! that's amazing news. You don't want to go any deeper. See this thing out and you'll thank yourself greatly

That's pretty shocking based off the fact Amsterdam is a heroin flood gate for the entire world :LOL:

Keep fighting man! that's amazing news. You don't want to go any deeper. See this thing out and you'll thank yourself greatly

Also worth noting: 95% of us opiate addicts thought we were different. No one is different when it comes to Oxycodone. Oxycodone is one of the most addicting substances on the Earth. I remember reading a study of some absurd amount of users became dependent and addicted on it.

There's a reason the main pharmaceutical companies responsible for the Oxycodone / Oxycontin push are bankrupt due to lawsuits... that drug created the heroin / fentanyl / overdose / death epidemic that is today.

I'm here to tell you that once in the rabbit hole, recreational Opiate use is a myth. Maybe the first year of some fun weekends sniffing percs existed, but they won't for long. If you don't give up all opiates permanently now, I would bet my bank account on the fact you'll be among us lifers.

Thanks hehe, didn't know Amsterdam was flood gate for heroin, I know Amsterdam and Rotterdam are a flood gates for most other stuff though :p

I'm here to tell you that once in the rabbit hole, recreational Opiate use is a myth. Maybe the first year of some fun weekends sniffing percs existed, but they won't for long. If you don't give up all opiates permanently now, I would bet my bank account on the fact you'll be among us lifers.
I have to admit that this scares me a little but I am afraid I won't give it up just yet.

What makes you keep doing it even if you really feel that there is no fun in it and just costs you health and money? I know WD sucks but really feeling shitty about it all the time also does. If you have a specific reason then I know where to look out for.

Last edited: